One Of The Best MXDN's Ever

machine
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2015 1:40pm
Even tough we didn't win, that was STILL about the best MXDN's i've ever seen. The straight up battles were unbelievable, usually it's a lot of hype, but the top guys don't end up battling one on one. I just wish Barcia would have gotten a good start in the 3rd moto, so we could have see him take on Febvre.

Wow!
|
DA498
9/27/2015 4:51pm

6 minutes ago

Didn't want to start a new MXON thread, so just picked this one
to say Congrats to France and USA for an AWESOME EVENT!! Best racing all year IMO and I feel proud of our guys (usa) to fight so hard. Damn near as good as a win for me!

Never thought of this team as a B squad, but as the best picks we had for the moment. I really thought we had a great chance going into that final race with our two best starters all weekend, And that's where we lost it. Couldn't believe how badly those guys starts were that final race. They fought hard and Barcia was incredible!

Great Job Team USA! and Marvin was out of his mind by the way!! Unreal....and Febvre is the real deal.

So much excellence and props deserved to all. The track was great too and I don't think that crowd can be duplicated. WOW!!

Edit post
9/27/2015 5:23pm
I agree - it was a nail biter! Congrats Team France! You guys were strong today.

I was proud of our guys too though. I thought Coop did especially well, little mistakes notwithstanding. That kid was fast and showed why he was picked. A little more seasoning and he's going to be tough to handle.

Very exciting racing!
MtnBoy
9/27/2015 5:24pm
I agree. There was some GREAT racing today, I yelled at my TV more today than all of SX, MX combined.

Cool to see it come down to just straight up racing, no mechanicals, no freak accidents, just good tight racing.

Good ride by the French, they earned it for certain. Super proud of the way our boys battled as well, nothing to be ashamed of!
Alex
9/27/2015 5:36pm
It was a two horse race so in a sense no, but in terms of excitement over who would win the title then that's gonna be a tough race to beat. It was as if it was scripted. Every other team dropped like flies until it was clearly down to two teams. That kind of got rid of the usual chaos of working out the maths - you knew exactly what was going on and what the riders needed to do.

The Shop

motomike137
9/27/2015 6:15pm
I think we all share your sentiment about the third moto Eric.It was amazing how much heart Barcia showed there at the end. Webb did awesome and Jeremy looked like he just couldn't quite come to grips with the track and maybe rode a little tight. Febvre capped off a dream season and France gutted out a helluva win.
9/27/2015 6:23pm
This was a fantastic race, well worth the suffering I put myself through by not sleeping all night. And the hangover...

Congrats to USA still, if not for a start...

gt80rider
9/27/2015 7:14pm
Great job fro, great track, great fans, and incredible racing. HOF event.
500guy
9/27/2015 7:19pm
Someone should do a little research and write an article about how close it really was.

France at 14 points and USA at 16 , when most years mid to high 20's would get it done points wise.

that was a great day of racing.
JW381
9/27/2015 7:21pm
I agree. Sat down and watched all 3 motos with my dad, beer in hand, great time. The racing was great, track was great, the crowd was gigantic. Most fun I've had watching a televised race in some time.

Props to CBSS for broadcasting here stateside, that was awesome.
bsharkey
9/27/2015 8:22pm
did anyone think martin would have had more for marvin after the battles I saw this year? he seemed kind of flat today to me or did hometrack advantage really come into play
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
9/27/2015 9:05pm
bsharkey wrote:
did anyone think martin would have had more for marvin after the battles I saw this year? he seemed kind of flat today to me or...
did anyone think martin would have had more for marvin after the battles I saw this year? he seemed kind of flat today to me or did hometrack advantage really come into play
I thought (just my impression) is that he rode a little conservative in race 2, just because they wanted to be in the thick of it and not put too much pressure on in race 3 in case he crashed out or something by riding over the limit. I think had it not been the format of MXoN and a normal race, he would have had more for him. just my opinion.
9/27/2015 9:14pm
Great racing today. Marvin was something else today as was Barcia IMO.

I thought CBS did a good job of coverage.
Crush
9/27/2015 9:14pm
bsharkey wrote:
did anyone think martin would have had more for marvin after the battles I saw this year? he seemed kind of flat today to me or...
TbonesPop wrote:
I thought (just my impression) is that he rode a little conservative in race 2, just because they wanted to be in the thick of it...
I thought (just my impression) is that he rode a little conservative in race 2, just because they wanted to be in the thick of it and not put too much pressure on in race 3 in case he crashed out or something by riding over the limit. I think had it not been the format of MXoN and a normal race, he would have had more for him. just my opinion.
He hasn't been as good as Marvin on the slick/rutty crap–which was consistent all year...

He didn't get as good starts as Marvin–which was consistent all year...

And Marvin was riding like he had 60K French people screaming him on... something new.
bdub
9/27/2015 9:24pm
I first want to start off by saying that Malin and Emig had some great chemistry going in the booth, first race I have watched where I was actually enjoying Malins commentary. As for the race, only thing I questioned was putting Coop on the inside that final moto, he was absolutely on fire from the outside, other than that I loved the grit and determination that team USA showed. It really is a bummer that someone had to place second, as both teams deserved the Chamberlin this year.

Another observation I had from the race, is it just me or does it seem like Barcia is starting to gain some respect/fans over in France/Europe? a far cry from his first visit where he was lucky to get out of that stafium alive.. Lol.
shanes
9/27/2015 9:43pm
awesome event some of the best racing I ever seen , French were on fire with both riders going down hard in the first Moto and still earning good points was a credit to how much they wanted it .
Watching Marvin in race one with his corner speed and line choice was just plain awesome .

What was wrong with Web on the podium the look on his face like some just stole the jam out of his donut .
mwr
9/27/2015 9:52pm
shanes wrote:
awesome event some of the best racing I ever seen , French were on fire with both riders going down hard in the first Moto and...
awesome event some of the best racing I ever seen , French were on fire with both riders going down hard in the first Moto and still earning good points was a credit to how much they wanted it .
Watching Marvin in race one with his corner speed and line choice was just plain awesome .

What was wrong with Web on the podium the look on his face like some just stole the jam out of his donut .
Webb was just being Webb. I was so hoping the US team wouldn't be a bunch of sore losers like a couple of years ago when Dungey and the rest looked like they were at a funeral instead of on the podium. Big props to Barcia for being a good sport and maybe Coop will grow out of it.
JeepnMike
9/27/2015 10:06pm
Just another post to say the whole damn thing was epic. The racing, the commentary (Malin and Fro worked well together), the crowd, the dicing, all awesome. I haven't watched a race so intently and cheered and cursed at the TV so much in a long time.. That includes the superbowl from last year Grinning

I sure wish Nagl would have been in the same form he was at the beginning of the GP season and Cairoli would have been there

D_L118
9/27/2015 11:04pm
This one was pretty epic! Every single moto was a nailbiter.It's a shame so many riders from other countries were injured or were riding injured.
JUst think about the riders that weren't there: Roczen,Cairoli,Tomac,Dungey,Desalle,Strijbos,Reed,...

I do think due to the fact that all these riders weren't there , there was such a small points gap between France and USA.

Such a shame it's still is a full your until the next one, Best day of the year for me!
9/28/2015 1:16am
500guy wrote:
Someone should do a little research and write an article about how close it really was. France at 14 points and USA at 16 , when...
Someone should do a little research and write an article about how close it really was.

France at 14 points and USA at 16 , when most years mid to high 20's would get it done points wise.

that was a great day of racing.

And that's possibly , why I would disagree with everybody getting a little carried away , saying it was the best MXDN ever .

It was a great battle between France and the US ,and very exciting to watch , you cannot dispute that , but the overall quality and strength in depth , just was not there this year .

There were far too many big names not riding and that made it easier for France and the US not to be punished for the mistakes and crashes , that both teams made .

In previous years it would have been a lot tighter through the whole field , yesterday was just a 2 horse race .
PressPassP
9/28/2015 2:05am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 2:06am
The kid rode awesome,quit with the negatively,true the field was pretty weak towards 10th place and further back but the guys that beat him were a top notch,he beat many of those too,also the race isn't on one of his National tracks,besides Musquin's times were up on most in his races

One of the best MXdN in a while,I thought Paulin was gonna blow it,he's struggled all year,good for France that his 7th place with a crash too in Moro 1 got thrown out,the pressure must've been insane in the last race!
sende
Fantasy
4455th
9/28/2015 2:07am
Yest it was!! Intense.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
9/28/2015 2:41am
Best mxdn that I remember. Proud of the US guys, especially webb. Kids a beast. Barcia fought hard for that first motto win. Second race on 450 and ran with best in world. What an upside that kid has. Track was decent , weather good, racing close. Couldn't ask for much better. Congrats to France, moose-can put in a terrific ride. Was pulling for the underdogs Swiss or Estonia to get on the box. Good run by them.
9/28/2015 4:04am
[b]France at 14 points and USA at 16 , when most years mid to high 20's would get it done points wise.[/b] And that's possibly...

And that's possibly , why I would disagree with everybody getting a little carried away , saying it was the best MXDN ever .

It was a great battle between France and the US ,and very exciting to watch , you cannot dispute that , but the overall quality and strength in depth , just was not there this year .

There were far too many big names not riding and that made it easier for France and the US not to be punished for the mistakes and crashes , that both teams made .

In previous years it would have been a lot tighter through the whole field , yesterday was just a 2 horse race .
agree , too many spoilers out this year
9/28/2015 4:31am
Holy shit what an event, great racing, god damn it was superb every moto,mbeautiful weather etc and a very very gnarly track, I'm sure that didn't come across on tv how bad it was.

Well done to all involved, France ftw, USA for a great fight and Belgium I think we always know they are in it for a fight. What a weekend.

No negatives should be said aBout any rider, no what ifs, no bullshit, everybody should be proud of their country, everybody went for the win, nobody was hanging around for a team position, their teams did their best and that's that, the results are what they are.

Perhaps the best races I've seen in a long time. Total nail biter. Hungover so bad.

When's MEC lol.
RG1
9/28/2015 6:56am
It was maybe one of the best battles for victory we've had at the MXdN in a long while, but I think that was partly down to how many people were missing. Being there I really noticed the lack of top MX2 guys and riders like Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen, Desalle etc. if all those guys had been there then it could've been one of the best, I felt that those guys not being there kind of took a little away from the event a bit, it's not something you'd probably notice as easily on television as they focus on the guys at the front. Still a great weekend though
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/28/2015 7:10am
I can think of what 22 MxDNs that were a lot better than this one
RG1
9/28/2015 7:17am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 7:17am
Park Boys wrote:
I can think of what 22 MxDNs that were a lot better than this one
I agree. In terms of the racing it was possibly the worst I have been to with the exception of Foxhills in '98 which was a write off with the rain. The unbelievable atmosphere at the track and in the campsite made it a great weekend, but the fact that so many people were out injured did slightly spoil the event for me.
9/28/2015 11:34am
excellent event and outstanding riding and spectators! what an atmosphere gave me a buzz watching on the tv
must have been amazing in person
MM25 legend and best wishes to his bro

does anyone know why Paulin had the #13 butt patch? risky business Smile

Post a reply to: One Of The Best MXDN's Ever

The Latest