One Of Our Own In Need...OCScottie

DA498
3/15/2022 7:04pm
Scottie, thanks for your level head approach to this group we call Vital. Your the rock I look to when things get crazy here. I hope this drive helps you out Moto Brother. Stay strong.
JM485
3/15/2022 7:16pm
Done, go get that new chair!
RD_97
Fantasy
3628th
3/15/2022 7:21pm
Done! Wish you the best Scott.
ocscottie
3/15/2022 7:41pm
teggers wrote:
I hope Gloria Stewart is the correct person?

Please confirm.
Yes Tim, that is my mom.

The Shop

ocscottie
3/15/2022 7:43pm
RD_97 wrote:
Done! Wish you the best Scott.
Thank you Ronnie, I was checking out some of you recent pics on IG, talk about memories!
ocscottie
3/15/2022 7:48pm
HEY GUYS!!!! Please STOP sending donations in until tomorrow when I sort this mess out with PayPal.

They have locked me from accessing my funds, they are asking for receipts for the services I am providing. Unfortunately it was too late when I called and all I got was a machine. I will call in the morning and get it sorted out somehow. I need to let them know that these are DONATIONS to purchase a new wheelchair.

SO once again, please sit tight until tomorrow and THANK YOU for all the support, it is mind boggling.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/15/2022 8:02pm
Cash app and Venmo won’t give you a problem.
$ocscottie cash app works 👌
jeffro503
3/15/2022 9:12pm
Scottie , I see no refund or anything like that on my PayPal. If they keep fucking with you , let us know. Cause I'll cancel that thing some how and just mail you a check. Either way , keep us posted.
wb173
3/15/2022 10:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Times are definitely tough for many at the moment and on that list is a Vital brother who needs a helping hand. OC has been a...
Times are definitely tough for many at the moment and on that list is a Vital brother who needs a helping hand. OC has been a staple of this forum since the beginning and continually contributes to the enjoyment of all around. Seriously, his post count is six times what mine is and this place is my job. Laughing

Scottie has fallen on hard times; as he's fighting some serious health problems and the 17th of this month will mark 37 years since his accident.

Scottie needs some financial help to replace worn out parts on his wheelchair. As most of us know, medical equipment is ridiculously expensive...let's get together and help alleviate this burden?

If you're able to help and would like to, Paypal or Cash App would be the easiest way to donate:

PayPal (we’ve stopped PayPal donations until PayPal quits fucking Scottie around)
Cash app: $ocscottie
Not even scrolled through the post... just gave a thumbs up and will support. Only thumbs down i'll get... why is this not "pinned" when some kid in Sacramento got so much help?... Tell me where to send the help. Thanks.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/15/2022 11:44pm
ocscottie wrote:
HEY GUYS!!!! Please STOP sending donations in until tomorrow when I sort this mess out with PayPal. They have locked me from accessing my funds, they...
HEY GUYS!!!! Please STOP sending donations in until tomorrow when I sort this mess out with PayPal.

They have locked me from accessing my funds, they are asking for receipts for the services I am providing. Unfortunately it was too late when I called and all I got was a machine. I will call in the morning and get it sorted out somehow. I need to let them know that these are DONATIONS to purchase a new wheelchair.

SO once again, please sit tight until tomorrow and THANK YOU for all the support, it is mind boggling.
Fuckin paypal.... I found out the hard way my account had a "Ceiling" for transactions that are keyed in on my phone vs "Swiped" with my card reader or keyed in on my laptop with their "Virtual Teller". I had a customer want about 7K worth of new equipment. They wanted to pay me on their way off to go somewhere, time was tight and I didn't have the exact total yet so instead of sliding the card I took a picture of it and keyed the info in on my phone later that night. That's when I found out that 7K was over the limit I could key into my phone, so they put a 30 day hold on the money before I could transfer it into my bank account. And not like the amount it was over the limit which turned out to be 4 thousand dollars, the whole 7K went on hold. I argued with them on the phone, "What's the difference between keying it in through the phone versus keying it in on my laptop" ? She said it was a security thing and there was nothing she could do about it. so 30 days later I got my money.
It pisses me off they're pulling that shit with you, Receipts for good or services provided ? WTF business is that of theirs ? What do they think you're selling your pain meds on the corner and faking it ? I don't see how what why or how you're getting your money is any concern of theirs ? They're getting their percentage for their service so they can just stfu imo. Sorry you have to deal with that. Hope they don't want to put a time hold on you. Good luck, and YES ! Go for the new one, if you need mas dinero just ask.... I want to also say thanks for your encouragement and positive posts while I went through my femur ordeal. I hadn't read your story before, that was a gnarly read and reminded me how lucky I am. Hang in there mang !
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
3/16/2022 1:38am
Maybe consider another payment method also as an Australian we don't have access to CashApp
TXDirt
3/16/2022 5:13am
A Go Fund Me page would have been a good idea. Would have been easier to share the link in other groups and pages. Get a groundswell of support rolling.

Glad you are getting what you need and happy to support you brother!
moto162
3/16/2022 6:58am
ocscottie wrote:
HEY GUYS!!!! Please STOP sending donations in until tomorrow when I sort this mess out with PayPal. They have locked me from accessing my funds, they...

I've had this happen before. Make sure to have them look at this here. They may want to reach out to ML since he is running the site and would be considered the organizer for since it's his post and "his" site.
Keep us updated and good luck.
moto162
3/16/2022 7:08am
ocscottie wrote:
Looks like a new chair is in the books! Been talking with a guy at a dealership all day and I have narrowed it down to...
Looks like a new chair is in the books! Been talking with a guy at a dealership all day and I have narrowed it down to one I really like.

Still blown away at the response from all this, it even made it to my graduating class in highschool on Facebook. I think we matched that one we did in 2017 when you all pitched in to get me a van.

I fuckin love you guys! Cool

Funny thing last night, reading this my gf asked me why I got a big smile all of a sudden. "Did money come in or bike parts." LOL.

Told her no explained what was going on and told her it was the fact that your at the dealership. Idc about people's opinions on dealerships but everyone knows that feeling of getting something new from a dealership. Like when a buddy calls and says hey I'm getting a new bike. It's a good feeling.

Think the next thing is we need to hit up Skda or my local guys decal works for some custom graphics. Or ya know anyone who wants to throw something out their. Is wheelchair graphics a thing? Could it be a thing? I see a rabbit hole for me to go down tonight. Lol

Anyways congrats.
ocscottie
3/16/2022 8:09am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 8:28am
Just got off the phone with PayPal, they are working on it, the lady seemed to totally understand but it still might take 3-5 days! I can still receive $$$, I just dont have access to it until this matter is resolved.

You can also still use Cash App: $ocscottie
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/16/2022 9:03am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 9:04am
ocscottie wrote:
Just got off the phone with PayPal, they are working on it, the lady seemed to totally understand but it still might take 3-5 days! I...
Just got off the phone with PayPal, they are working on it, the lady seemed to totally understand but it still might take 3-5 days! I can still receive $$$, I just dont have access to it until this matter is resolved.

You can also still use Cash App: $ocscottie
"Thank you for calling, we'll get this resolved for you but we'd like to earn a few more days worth of interest on your money first"
"Thank you, we'll send a confirmation e-mail when the funds are available"

.....you know, the funds that your friends sent to you and we're holding.... Angry
3/16/2022 9:42am
wb173 wrote:
Not even scrolled through the post... just gave a thumbs up and will support. Only thumbs down i'll get... why is this not "pinned" when some...
Not even scrolled through the post... just gave a thumbs up and will support. Only thumbs down i'll get... why is this not "pinned" when some kid in Sacramento got so much help?... Tell me where to send the help. Thanks.
This got a lot of traction immediately. Get out of here with negativity about another thread. Some people just can't help themselves, huh?
TXDirt
3/16/2022 11:20am
Did you get my Venmo Scottie? Just want to make sure.
K1W1
3/16/2022 2:36pm
Keen to contribute, let us know when PayPal is sorted as we can't use Cash App in NZ.

ocscottie
3/16/2022 2:49pm
Reese and K1W1, give it a few days and hopefully PayPal will be resolved.

To everyone else, a lot of people are using Venmo, my username is @Scott-Stewart-180

or $ocscottie on cash app.

Thanks everyone!!!!
Jeremy A.K.
3/16/2022 3:44pm
Done ,hopefully everything gets figured out smoothly .
ocscottie
3/16/2022 11:37pm
My PayPal account has been restored, we are back in business 👍
Socia
Fantasy
2264th
3/17/2022 9:02am
We've got your back buddy, much love
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/17/2022 11:47am
ocscottie wrote:
Bump
Rdracer598
3/17/2022 12:00pm
Scott,

Wish I had seen this earlier but I’ve been out of town. I think I have a set of 25in Spinergys I could send you. One of my injured vet buddies gave them to me but I run 24s

What chair are you looking at? If you’re paying out of pocket I have a few companies out your way I’d recommend over Tilite and Quickie. Tilite used to be good but they’ve gone to shit since they were bought out.

Wish I could help by sending some cash but I can always help with sending whatever extra chair parts i have laying around.
Denn700
3/17/2022 12:45pm
I don't know what I have in storage and I don't know if it is what you are looking for but I own nursing homes and alcohol rehabs for a living.
I have some wheelchairs in storage. You can tell me what you are looking for and I can see if I have it?
I will give it to you. My nursing homes are in the Dallas area.
K1W1
3/17/2022 1:49pm
ocscottie wrote:
Sweet, could you let us know the Paypal details as the first post doesn't have them anymore.

Cheers,

Post a reply to: One Of Our Own In Need...OCScottie

The Latest