One Lap with Zach Osborne

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
This was our first try with a new Garmin Virb camera...we're impressed. Stabilization on, and we like the view.

Oh, and Zach's on the gas here.

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 7:57am
Dang...crickets?
wasummer46
5/19/2017 8:03am
Also very impressed. Did not notice the camera switch until you brought this up.
Upon looking again, I prefer not seeing the visor, and the stabilization is on point.

Also he seemed to have no trouble matching Martin's pace.
And at times seemed to reel him in with ease.

Can't wait until Saturday
bsward423
5/19/2017 8:04am
I can't imagine riding a 250F pegged for a half hour. He is so high in the revs everywhere on that track. Just sounds like a lot of work...
JW381
5/19/2017 8:09am
Yeah, need the visor fir reference. Cool video tho, thanks GuyB

The Shop

MXD
5/19/2017 8:16am
I just ordered a Virb 30 last night, should be here Tuesday. They look pretty trick.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/19/2017 8:16am
Looks good, couldn't make out the honda rider in front but if Martin as mentioned speed should be on point
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/19/2017 8:21am
Umm, is the entire track off camber?
IWreckALot
5/19/2017 8:25am
Good stuff! I feel like the track is gonna be so brutal by the 2nd motos Woohoo
It looked brutal for the practice day.

Why did they switch the first track from Glen Helen? I guess I missed that.
oilman400
Fantasy
2022nd
5/19/2017 8:31am
GuyB wrote:
Dang...crickets?
Some of us do have to work you know, LOL great stuff as always! hope to stop by and say hey this weekend.
IWreckALot
5/19/2017 8:35am
GuyB wrote:
Dang...crickets?
oilman400 wrote:
Some of us do have to work you know, LOL great stuff as always! hope to stop by and say hey this weekend.
I was gonna pop off and say we are all more interested in dreaming about JS7's return. But I figured I'd let it fly.
wasummer46
5/19/2017 8:41am
GuyB wrote:
Dang...crickets?
oilman400 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I was gonna pop off and say we are all more interested in dreaming about JS7's return. But I figured I'd let it fly.
I am very interested and dreaming of JS7 return.

GUY B any insight regarding the latest cryptic Instagram post?

Confusing indeed, if you were only returning for MEC why post this picture 2 days before Outdoors?

Would love to see him attend one of the nationals I attend each year Muddy Creek and Budds Creek.

One can hope......
KBOLTZ
5/19/2017 8:44am
I see what some are saying about having a hint of visor in the shot but from my experience, having something in the foreground with stabilization on makes the shot warped and funky. GuyB my note would be where are the stats? I like the feature of the Garmin GPS stats on screen. Is that posssible to see? As always, thanks for giving us a sneak peek of the track!
jeffro503
5/19/2017 8:45am
Wish they would actually let some of these tracks get hard packed and blue grooved a bit. Those damn ruts make it like a slot car track and it gets nasty as hell. Sure those fast guys dig it , but it looks painful to me any more. Laughing
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 8:59am
jonboy688 wrote:
which model is it?
Virb Ultra 30.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 9:00am
KBOLTZ wrote:
I see what some are saying about having a hint of visor in the shot but from my experience, having something in the foreground with stabilization...
I see what some are saying about having a hint of visor in the shot but from my experience, having something in the foreground with stabilization on makes the shot warped and funky. GuyB my note would be where are the stats? I like the feature of the Garmin GPS stats on screen. Is that posssible to see? As always, thanks for giving us a sneak peek of the track!
This was our first crack with it. I'm supposed to meet some of the Garmin guys this weekend, and I'll see what I can do.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 9:01am
wasummer46 wrote:
I am very interested and dreaming of JS7 return. GUY B any insight regarding the latest cryptic Instagram post? Confusing indeed, if you were only returning...

Confusing indeed, if you were only returning for MEC why post this picture 2 days before Outdoors?

Would love to see him attend one of the nationals I attend each year Muddy Creek and Budds Creek.

One can hope......
Yes. It's a cryptic Instagram post.

That's all I've got.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 9:02am
oilman400 wrote:
I'll be here. Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/19/2017 9:04am
The image stabilization looks pretty good. I like seeing a little visor as well.
Given the choice between seeing a visor, or getting a tweaked neck trying to see under the top of the video on a too-low camera, I'll go with no visor.

Usually people look at my setup and suggest that it's too high. I think the angle's fine on this one.
5/19/2017 9:21am
The image stabilization looks pretty good. I like seeing a little visor as well.
GuyB wrote:
Given the choice between seeing a visor, or getting a tweaked neck trying to see under the top of the video on a too-low camera, I'll...
Given the choice between seeing a visor, or getting a tweaked neck trying to see under the top of the video on a too-low camera, I'll go with no visor.

Usually people look at my setup and suggest that it's too high. I think the angle's fine on this one.
Yeah, it's a trade off. A wider field of view with a little visor showing will make everything look smaller out front, which is not always ideal. Or with a tighter field of view like yours shows no visor, less fender, and more action out front.

I'm not familiar with the Garmin mounting system but i'm wondering if the camera could be mounted low enough to get a tiny bit of visor in the bottom of the frame while keeping the same angle and field of view you used with Zach. I'm guessing the lens probably mounts too high off the helmet to achieve this.
mb60
5/19/2017 9:25am
wasummer46 wrote:
I am very interested and dreaming of JS7 return. GUY B any insight regarding the latest cryptic Instagram post? Confusing indeed, if you were only returning...

One can hope......
Why is it strange they do something like that before the outdoors start ? He did the same thing before A1 right ? Someone is doing a nice job of trolling and keeping his name above water. Until he comes out of the hole and speaks up this will be the kind of crap you get.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
5/19/2017 9:27am
Minus the half-pipe, I noticed Zach only took one outside corner the entire track. Dirt Diggers, build up some bowl turns and put a roller on the inside to make it beneficial to hit some outside lines too.
ocscottie
5/19/2017 9:43am
NV825 wrote:
Minus the half-pipe, I noticed Zach only took one outside corner the entire track. Dirt Diggers, build up some bowl turns and put a roller on...
Minus the half-pipe, I noticed Zach only took one outside corner the entire track. Dirt Diggers, build up some bowl turns and put a roller on the inside to make it beneficial to hit some outside lines too.
Once the ruts get deeper and deeper they move wider and wider. Im kinda over these slot car racing tracks like Jeffro said, let it get hardpack in some places.
5/19/2017 9:53am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2017 10:03am
NV825 wrote:
Minus the half-pipe, I noticed Zach only took one outside corner the entire track. Dirt Diggers, build up some bowl turns and put a roller on...
ocscottie wrote:
Once the ruts get deeper and deeper they move wider and wider. Im kinda over these slot car racing tracks like Jeffro said, let it get...
Once the ruts get deeper and deeper they move wider and wider. Im kinda over these slot car racing tracks like Jeffro said, let it get hardpack in some places.
Yep, would definitely be nice to have some options in the turns whether it be a hard packed bowl on the outside or hard packed to avoid the follow the leader show that we see too often
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/19/2017 10:31am
jeffro503 wrote:
Wish they would actually let some of these tracks get hard packed and blue grooved a bit. Those damn ruts make it like a slot car...
Wish they would actually let some of these tracks get hard packed and blue grooved a bit. Those damn ruts make it like a slot car track and it gets nasty as hell. Sure those fast guys dig it , but it looks painful to me any more. Laughing
i give kudos to Dirt diggers for the work they put in and part of stems from the harsh critics they were having 10+ years ago.....but i wish theyd leave it 'normal' every other track is just as deep and rutted. plus some of the obstacles...i dont know what they were thinking.

that half pipe is played out and really wonky and doesnt do anything for racing.

I really wish they'd do a bit flatter layout (less man made obstacles) as the tracks hills and dirt are already hard
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
5/19/2017 11:08am
Looked like Cameron to me, I can't tell though

Quality is maybe not quite on GoPro level. With that said, for it not being a GoPro, quality is pretty damn good. Stabilization seems pretty good, a little tweaky but it's rarely ever perfect on a GoPro anyway. Should be cool to see more one lap features with it.
5/19/2017 11:08am
He's wide open. On the gas so early coming through the apex. Serious business...can't wait

Post a reply to: One Lap with Zach Osborne

The Latest