One Lap : Bob's Single Track

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 5:58 PM

Started making this earlier in the summer and it is coming along nicely. I have a few more sections that I am cutting in that will eliminate all of the "main trail" use. Should be able to almost double the lap time by the end of the year. The nice part about this is I ride right out of my back door, so it is as convenient as it gets.

Cameras flatten out the hills, but I promise you it is steep in sections. The final hill makes for a lot of belly aching lol. It has been dry for about a week which REALLY helps traction, it becomes quite the challenge after a rain storm (has been wet all year). I have a massive hill to add in soon, just trying to make a line where it is possible to complete the hill more than 1/3rd of the time

I usually do not like riding by myself, but the weather was spot on today....and there is rain in the forecast. I carried my phone on me just in case lol. Sorry that I have the original GoPro...but I rarely ever film riding sessions.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/28/2017 7:26 PM

What part of PA?

|

8/28/2017 8:17 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

What part of PA?

Northeast, not too far from Wilkes Barre/Scranton area

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/28/2017 8:32 PM

Very cool, never ridden anything like that, at least not that much of it! Super nice it's in your backyard!

|

8/29/2017 8:32 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Very cool, never ridden anything like that, at least not that much of it! Super nice it's in your backyard!

I highly recommend trying it. Really helps your MX track abilities too. My friends and I like to go out and make very technical hill climbs, tough on the bike but is really a bunch of fun. I try and keep the speeds down to stop the chance of big crashes haha. When it gets wet, my loop gets very very difficult, like making a clean lap 6/10 times difficult.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/29/2017 8:36 AM

Nice, I ride out in nanicoke, and trevorton quite a bit. The rock terrain is brutal on the body, but i have to say it helps your improve your skills tremendously.

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

8/29/2017 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 8:55 AM

I know a lot of guys like riding stuff like that, but that is freak'n kryptonite to me! LOL I grew up riding in wooded areas, my hands are glad I stopped a longggg time ago.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/29/2017 9:24 AM

I got arm pump just watching that! Have a tiny 30 second loop on a hill in my backyard too, usually am riding a 150F through it.

PA is awesome riding. A good friend of mine lives in Pittsburgh and I've been out there a dozen times to go riding. The hills aren't anything like what we have in the upper midwest.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

8/29/2017 2:53 PM

Very nice. I wish I could ride out of my back yard!

|

8/29/2017 2:57 PM

Looks like Sweden! I used to have a trail like that by my old house, good times.

|

#1
KX125

8/29/2017 2:59 PM

BobPA wrote:

Started making this earlier in the summer and it is coming along nicely. I have a few more sections that I am cutting in that will eliminate all of the "main trail" use. Should be able to almost double the lap time by the end of the year. The nice part about this is I ride right out of my back door, so it is as convenient as it gets.

Cameras flatten out the hills, but I promise you it is steep in sections. The final hill makes for a lot of belly aching lol. It has been dry for about a week which REALLY helps traction, it becomes quite the challenge after a rain storm (has been wet all year). I have a massive hill to add in soon, just trying to make a line where it is possible to complete the hill more than 1/3rd of the time

I usually do not like riding by myself, but the weather was spot on today....and there is rain in the forecast. I carried my phone on me just in case lol. Sorry that I have the original GoPro...but I rarely ever film riding sessions.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do

That's great man!

If there is one downfall of helmet cams...its that they don't show elevation change...its impossible to do inclines and declines justice on helmet cam.

|

8/29/2017 3:44 PM

blusmbl wrote:

I got arm pump just watching that! Have a tiny 30 second loop on a hill in my backyard too, usually am riding a 150F through it.

PA is awesome riding. A good friend of mine lives in Pittsburgh and I've been out there a dozen times to go riding. The hills aren't anything like what we have in the upper midwest.

I'm in the pittsburgh area and the terrain is a gnarly! If you don't like going up or down steep hills this definetly isn't the place for you. I can vouch that woods riding makes you a better mx'r too.

|

8/29/2017 3:50 PM

sixtwentyeight wrote:

I'm in the pittsburgh area and the terrain is a gnarly! If you don't like going up or down steep hills this definetly isn't the place for you. I can vouch that woods riding makes you a better mx'r too.

Exactly!!!! PA hills are legitimately no joke. I bet Bob's hills are similarly steep, just doesn't get captured that well with cameras.

I didn't know what a real hill looked like until riding there. Have been to Finleyville, Wellsville, Hillsdale and I believe Greensburg. Wished there was riding even remotely like it in Michigan.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

8/29/2017 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 4:11 PM

I actually live in finleyville lol. I used to spend hours up at the bowl as a teenager. I haven't had a bike in a number of years but from what I understand quads and utv's really torn things up. Plus some of the trails have been lost to new home construction. I've been to wellsville once and that was pretty crazy. Lots of goons riding an all different directions at the same time...had to be very alert. Are you referring to hillsville maybe? It's about an hour or so north of pittsburgh. If so I've never been there but I've always wanted to ride there. It's an old quarry of some sort. It's has a lot of gnarly hill climbs and a long sand track. Theres videos of it on youtube. I was supposed to go a few times but backed out because I was worried my truck would get towed since it's technically illegal to ride there. I actually didn't know there was any good riding spot in the greensburg area. We have a lot of slag and burnt coal dumps in this area that make for good riding spots. Just don't crash on them cause it will scratch the shit out if your bike.

|

8/29/2017 6:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words bros. It is fun with 3 or 4 guys jamming on it...hard to pass, but still a good time. I had my XR up in the woods today adding a bit more on....need more man power to help out.

The new 300 KTM's are quite an advantage in the woods, I am fairly certain they are half tractor.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/29/2017 11:13 PM

Dunder mifflin!

|