Once again, Barcia

Moto331
With a bad start… He was way outside of the top 10 and climbed all the way up to fourth! He is the only other rider hanging on by a thread of potentially winning the championship. Now will he, of course not, but week after week he is showing some serious speed and if he just got better starts he really could be in it- points wise at the end if Eli, Cooper and Kenny have any bad races.

Tomac though is sick as always. His speed in that heat race and when he destroyed AC around that berm was nothing short of awesome. If He keeps it on two wheels with no mechanical issues the championship is his. And in the outdoors, forget about it...Might as well just hand him the trophy before hangtown :D
Good racing thus far, lovin it
|
kakarot
2/16/2020 5:07pm
I was just checking the lap chart ,13th on lap 5,to bad the camera didn't show much of him working his way up.
PRM31
2/16/2020 5:12pm
kakarot wrote:
I was just checking the lap chart ,13th on lap 5,to bad the camera didn't show much of him working his way up.
Covering the entire race doesn’t seem to be a priority.
Wiff3
2/16/2020 6:03pm
So they said at the beginning of the season that he's running a basically stock motor, power wise. Anyone think maybe, while it fits his riding style, is holding him back on starts?

The Shop

Myke
Fantasy
2887th
2/16/2020 6:08pm
One would think as aggressive as he is that he would just run it right in on the first corner.
Zaugg
2/16/2020 6:13pm
kakarot wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
...because we watch SX to learn fun facts about Michael Mosiman's fun facts, Jason Anderson's mid week movie watching habits, and what Blake Baggett plans to do after he retires. Laughing
Dust601
2/16/2020 6:17pm
Wiff3 wrote:
So they said at the beginning of the season that he's running a basically stock motor, power wise. Anyone think maybe, while it fits his riding...
So they said at the beginning of the season that he's running a basically stock motor, power wise. Anyone think maybe, while it fits his riding style, is holding him back on starts?
They can say whatever they want, he isn’t running a basically stock motor. Just, because someone else did all the testing for him since he apparently can’t do it right (last season), doesn’t make it stock.
Spudnut
2/16/2020 6:23pm
Yeah that’s not a stock engine, I heard him on pulp saying it is a more mellow engine Than last season but not stock, they have focused more on MOVING the power to the right place rather than ADDING more
Wiff3
2/16/2020 6:34pm
Spudnut wrote:
Yeah that’s not a stock engine, I heard him on pulp saying it is a more mellow engine Than last season but not stock, they have...
Yeah that’s not a stock engine, I heard him on pulp saying it is a more mellow engine Than last season but not stock, they have focused more on MOVING the power to the right place rather than ADDING more
I'm not a fool, unless you ask my wife, meaning that I know it's not a "stock" motor. I meant the charastics of the motor are set up to work better for the way he likes to rev the guts out of the motor. I would think that would make less torque, probably not as strong off the bottom to get him off the gate.
Timo_2824
2/16/2020 7:25pm
Spudnut wrote:
Yeah that’s not a stock engine, I heard him on pulp saying it is a more mellow engine Than last season but not stock, they have...
Wiff3 wrote:
I'm not a fool, unless you ask my wife, meaning that I know it's not a "stock" motor. I meant the charastics of the motor are...
I'm not a fool, unless you ask my wife, meaning that I know it's not a "stock" motor. I meant the charastics of the motor are set up to work better for the way he likes to rev the guts out of the motor. I would think that would make less torque, probably not as strong off the bottom to get him off the gate.
Starts are more about traction than power. A great starter on a 250F could pull holeshots in a 450 main.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/16/2020 8:19pm
A lot of the vital brain trust said Barcia fell off the hunt and isn’t tough. Looked like a solid/tough ride to me.
2/16/2020 8:24pm
seth505 wrote:
A lot of the vital brain trust said Barcia fell off the hunt and isn’t tough. Looked like a solid/tough ride to me.
Unfortunately the crowd is tough, and if you aren't winning every week, you suck. I'm happy to see Barcia doing good, and hope it continues to get even better.
sparker245
2/16/2020 8:39pm
Barcia's practice crash was brutal. Amazing he lined up at all, much less rode an amazing race.
Dust601
2/16/2020 11:35pm
sparker245 wrote:
Barcia's practice crash was brutal. Amazing he lined up at all, much less rode an amazing race.
100 percent. I’ve been critical of his personality at times, but that’s one tough guy. That case was BRUTAL!

The fact that he not only raced later that day, but raced, and had 4th place finish is crazy.

I mean a case like that would prolly keep me off track riding for a week even if it didn’t hurt me. To be able to block that outa your mind, and get right back at it is so impressive.
motomike137
2/17/2020 3:47am
Justin deserves a lot of credit for what he did Sat night. That was a clutch ride that could very well help him podium the series when it is all said and done. I can't wait to see him get a couple of starts. I'd give my left nut to see him holeshot at Daytona and win!
philG
2/17/2020 5:17am
Not everyone can get a good start. If you dont get the jump by 3 inches, you are done.. unless you start next to the dog house.
Question
2/17/2020 5:44am
kakarot wrote:
PRM31 wrote:

The tv crew should try to include the vitalmx movers and shakers parameters into their live analysis if they have one, or into the live scoring, to help selecting the cameras more accurately.

Barcia was definitely a rider on the move in Tampa, it would have been fun to watch some of the passes.

They already improved this year, i really like the double screen they put on certain actions.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
2/17/2020 6:04am
I've always thought Barcia would be optimized on a 350...

Awesome ride, and hope to see him battle at the front a few more times this year.
ga_pike
2/17/2020 7:22am
Timo_2824 wrote:
Starts are more about traction than power. A great starter on a 250F could pull holeshots in a 450 main.
Stupid question, but don't most of these guys (if not all) have different mappings that they use for starts? That would eliminate any question about the more "mellow engine" being the issue wouldn't it?
2/17/2020 7:31am
kakarot wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
...because we watch SX to learn fun facts about Michael Mosiman's fun facts, Jason Anderson's mid week movie watching habits, and what Blake Baggett plans to...
...because we watch SX to learn fun facts about Michael Mosiman's fun facts, Jason Anderson's mid week movie watching habits, and what Blake Baggett plans to do after he retires. Laughing
It's bad enough that Ralph does himself no favors, but the camera work does him no favors, either. It would be nice if the video editors paid closer attention to timing and scoring, lap times, etc. and show us a good hard Barcia charge for Ralph to bloviate about.
motomike137
2/17/2020 8:26am
Save all the stupid fluff pieces and all the arcane conversations for before or after the race. Focus on calling the race and working with the production crew to immediately switch from one camera to another when something is happening. As it is it's like watching a damned infomercial! When was the last time they showed us and made the call at the same time a big pass or mistake? I can't remember it.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
2/17/2020 8:45am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 8:57am
Wiff3 wrote:
So they said at the beginning of the season that he's running a basically stock motor, power wise. Anyone think maybe, while it fits his riding...
Plessinger said that his motor is more tame than Barcia's.
Momus
2/17/2020 9:36am
Save all the stupid fluff pieces and all the arcane conversations for before or after the race. Focus on calling the race and working with the...
Save all the stupid fluff pieces and all the arcane conversations for before or after the race. Focus on calling the race and working with the production crew to immediately switch from one camera to another when something is happening. As it is it's like watching a damned infomercial! When was the last time they showed us and made the call at the same time a big pass or mistake? I can't remember it.
The whole coverage reeks of a low budget operation from top to bottom.

Why aren't they broadcasting live footage from some of the bikes?
McG194
2/17/2020 9:51am
I was on the floor in the sand section, he was absolutely flying in the sand.
nicko-31
2/17/2020 9:57am
Moto331 wrote:
With a bad start… He was way outside of the top 10 and climbed all the way up to fourth! He is the only other rider...
With a bad start… He was way outside of the top 10 and climbed all the way up to fourth! He is the only other rider hanging on by a thread of potentially winning the championship. Now will he, of course not, but week after week he is showing some serious speed and if he just got better starts he really could be in it- points wise at the end if Eli, Cooper and Kenny have any bad races.

Tomac though is sick as always. His speed in that heat race and when he destroyed AC around that berm was nothing short of awesome. If He keeps it on two wheels with no mechanical issues the championship is his. And in the outdoors, forget about it...Might as well just hand him the trophy before hangtown :D
Good racing thus far, lovin it
Don't forget not just mechanicals but those " wardrobe malfunctions" can really throw Championship away. Grinning
kkawboy14
2/17/2020 2:35pm
Wiff3 wrote:
No way that motor is stock power wise!
KYFHO699
2/17/2020 3:17pm
PRM31 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:
...because we watch SX to learn fun facts about Michael Mosiman's fun facts, Jason Anderson's mid week movie watching habits, and what Blake Baggett plans to...
It's bad enough that Ralph does himself no favors, but the camera work does him no favors, either. It would be nice if the video editors...
It's bad enough that Ralph does himself no favors, but the camera work does him no favors, either. It would be nice if the video editors paid closer attention to timing and scoring, lap times, etc. and show us a good hard Barcia charge for Ralph to bloviate about.
I wish they would use the same screen display that is used for outdoors.
gharmon
2/17/2020 4:53pm
Barcia used to be a great starter. Back in the 250 days he would holeshot motos and build huge leads and sometimes even hang on to them for a win. I am referring to the years that Baggett and Tomac won back to back mx titles. Barcia always started well!! Needs to find it again.
Timo_2824
2/17/2020 7:08pm
gharmon wrote:
Barcia used to be a great starter. Back in the 250 days he would holeshot motos and build huge leads and sometimes even hang on to...
Barcia used to be a great starter. Back in the 250 days he would holeshot motos and build huge leads and sometimes even hang on to them for a win. I am referring to the years that Baggett and Tomac won back to back mx titles. Barcia always started well!! Needs to find it again.
This the same timeframe where Barcia won back to back Regional SX championships?

Post a reply to: Once again, Barcia

The Latest