Omg what happened to High Point??? Everything is now gone. HELMET CAM

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2017 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2017 2:08 PM

Hate to bitch after all the hard work they put in but my God. What in the hell happened? Every legendary section is GONE D.C. Please HELP.

|

4/16/2017 10:25 AM

jump for dough corner for show...

|

4/16/2017 10:39 AM

hit what? 80 riders aint suppposed to do the big jumps

|

4/16/2017 10:42 AM

Jarrod458 wrote:

Hate to bitch after all the hard work they put in but my God. What in the hell happened? Every legendary section is GONE D.C. Please HELP.

What do you mean? Those are supermini riders or 85 even maybe.. track looks lame though now

|

4/16/2017 10:47 AM

Looked like he hit everything but the big triple and didn't clear a couple of table tops.

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

4/16/2017 10:51 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

Looked like he hit everything but the big triple and didn't clear a couple of table tops.

The only thing he did hit was the section that was previously there... This kid is FAST! I've seen him race a bunch of times!

|

4/16/2017 11:19 AM

He hit almost everything on the track. And he's on an 85. You want a pro national track easy enough for a 13 year old on an 85 to do everything?

|

4/16/2017 11:46 AM

agn5009 wrote:

He hit almost everything on the track. And he's on an 85. You want a pro national track easy enough for a 13 year old on an 85 to do everything?

Do you think these changes are good? That's the main point I'm trying to make.... What we all know high point to be is gone! Famous start. GONE, Bradshaw blvd GONE, Famous uphill triple across from the start GONE. Can goin imagine red bud saying "laroccos leap... who cares get the dozer? Or Unadilla saying "gravity cavity...let's fill it in" I just don't get it.

|

4/16/2017 11:46 AM

agn5009 wrote:

That's what I'm wondering, too...?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/16/2017 11:57 AM

agn5009 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Ok cool now back to the point of the post.... DO YOU LIKE THE CHANGES????????? Don't get side tracked ok. Thanks!

|

4/16/2017 12:03 PM

agn5009 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

Ok cool now back to the point of the post.... DO YOU LIKE THE CHANGES????????? Don't get side tracked ok. Thanks!

I thought the point, based on the OP was that the 80 rider couldn't hit anything..

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

4/16/2017 12:03 PM

Looks like they tried to make it World Class, HUGE!

|

4/16/2017 12:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

steve_97060 wrote:

I thought the point, based on the OP was that the 80 rider couldn't hit anything..

Same here. I'm lost on to the next one

|

4/16/2017 1:00 PM

Looks good to me. Little deeper prep and more water and I would be happy to ride there.

|

4/16/2017 1:04 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

So since the 85s can't clear everything we gotta change the track laughing trust me the pros will do just fine and the 85 riders will live

|

4/16/2017 1:36 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

So since the 85s can't clear everything we gotta change the track laughing trust me the pros will do just fine and the 85 riders will live

So you're ok with every major part of high point MX history being GONE now? You guys get side tracked so easily, this post isn't about an 85 rider. He just happened to be the helmet cam vid.... You've probably never been to high point, and wouldn't understand the history and how it's all wiped away now.

|

4/16/2017 1:45 PM

I'm having a really hard time dealing with the fact that EVERY LEGENDARY obstacle at High Point is gone! I have memories of Bradshaw Blvd GONE. That one hit me hard a few years ago, when they wiped that out, I have memories of Jeff Stanton hitting the uphill triple next to the start, NOW GONE! Brock Sellards and Ricky Carmichael being the first riders on 80's to hit that uphill triple. The long sweeping start I watched Kevin Windham pull his holeshot in 1994 on a Team Green kx 125 GONE!!! Why they chose to take these iconic sections away is hard to understand. I don't get it.

|

4/16/2017 2:07 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

I'm having a really hard time dealing with the fact that EVERY LEGENDARY obstacle at High Point is gone! I have memories of Bradshaw Blvd GONE. That one hit me hard a few years ago, when they wiped that out, I have memories of Jeff Stanton hitting the uphill triple next to the start, NOW GONE! Brock Sellards and Ricky Carmichael being the first riders on 80's to hit that uphill triple. The long sweeping start I watched Kevin Windham pull his holeshot in 1994 on a Team Green kx 125 GONE!!! Why they chose to take these iconic sections away is hard to understand. I don't get it.

Who gives a shit? Be glad they are still racing there. Been to Steel City lately?

|

4/16/2017 2:13 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

So you're ok with every major part of high point MX history being GONE now? You guys get side tracked so easily, this post isn't about an 85 rider. He just happened to be the helmet cam vid.... You've probably never been to high point, and wouldn't understand the history and how it's all wiped away now.

lmfao you say the post isn't about an 85 rider, yet half of your post is "When one of the nations top 80 riders can't hit much on the track it's time to re think some things"

|

4/16/2017 2:18 PM

Nothing in life stays the same forever. Outdoor MX have become too "jumpy" for my tastes but that's life. Old High point was sweet. Last time I was there you couldn't get near the track which was not much fun.
Luckily at the last National I attended (Iron Man National) you can still get up-close and personal. Go figure

|

4/16/2017 2:20 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

Honda11 wrote:

lmfao you say the post isn't about an 85 rider, yet half of your post is "When one of the nations top 80 riders can't hit much on the track it's time to re think some things"

I edited it. It wasn't my intention to make the horrendous changes to a historic track about an 85cc rider. No one must have read the title... I apologize for the confusion. But where in the hell did High Point go?

|

4/16/2017 2:22 PM

Ghostrider145 wrote:

Nothing in life stays the same forever. Outdoor MX have become too "jumpy" for my tastes but that's life. Old High point was sweet. Last time I was there you couldn't get near the track which was not much fun.
Luckily at the last National I attended (Iron Man National) you can still get up-close and personal. Go figure

Tell Red Bud to wipe out Laroccos leap. See how that goes over. See if Unadilla can fill in the gravity cavity with no objection.

|

4/16/2017 3:00 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

Honda11 wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

I edited it. It wasn't my intention to make the horrendous changes to a historic track about an 85cc rider. No one must have read the title... I apologize for the confusion. But where in the hell did High Point go?

Maybe you should edit more often. Mainly with the delete button

|

4/16/2017 3:01 PM

I don't think it looks alright. I would imagine that they will add another loop in over the back for the national and it should be fine. It's probably not as nice as how it was before, but I don't think it's a disaster by any means

|

4/16/2017 3:06 PM

Honda11 wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

wide open wally wrote:

Maybe you should edit more often. Mainly with the delete button

I will consider your advice next post. Hahaha thanks!

|

4/16/2017 3:30 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

Jarrod458 wrote:

They demolished yankee stadium...

We will be fine

|

4/16/2017 3:33 PM

I could be wrong but who said that's the track they will use for the National? I mean many tracks in the past are redone for the Nationals, don't panic everything will be al right

|

4/16/2017 3:33 PM

Why don't you quit crying and just be happy you have a track to ride, man up and twist your throttle a little more you'll be clearing those jumps bud.

|

4/16/2017 3:36 PM

There must be a reason for the changes, safety? Access? Change just for the sake of change? I will wait and see how it races in June before making a judgement on if it was for the better or worse.

The original start while iconic was not really a fair start. The inside was way more favorable.

The new layout will be very different than the 80s/90s layout which was iconic in my opinion. Bradshaw Blvd, the start triple, the wall berm were all classic.

|

4/16/2017 3:59 PM

Jarrod458 wrote:

While I agree with your post about losing historic parts of High Point, Brock Sellards and RC were not the first 80 riders to hit the triple. There were several local guys who hit it well before they did.

|