Olympic Motocross lost everything to wildfire.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2018 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 4:08 PM

Hello everyone,
My name is Alexa and my dad is Tommy (also known on here as Cygnus.) He owns Olympic motocross club here in Colorado and on April 17th he lost everything due to fire 117 in Hanover Colorado. He has lived and worked on the track for the past 12 years and lost everything including his 2 dogs, his goats and his chickens. The fire was moving to fast and everything was gone before anyone could stop it. He is now working towards rebuilding his house and the club and we are looking for all the support we can get. Even a small donation can make the difference. My sisters and I have started a go fund me page for him and want to help him as much as we can to rebuild the place and have somewhere new to build memories. He would have posted something himself but he got put in time out here on Vital for something, which sounds just like my dad. Lol! Also and if you have other things to donate I know he has gotten some miscellaneous things but there are still things that can help so please just ask and we will let you know! Thank you again to all the shown support so far in this life changing experience.
Thank you
Alexa (Cygnus oldest daughter)
Here is the go fund me info
gf.me/u/imuwh8
https://www.gofundme.com/help-tommy-who-lost-home-in-fire

|

5/15/2018 3:07 PM

A link to your GoFundMe page would help.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/15/2018 3:17 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

A link to your GoFundMe page would help.

Thank you I knew I was gonna forget that.

|

5/15/2018 4:15 PM

Does your dad have a PayPal? I dont do GoFundMe

|

5/15/2018 4:21 PM

Oh, yikes...so sorry to hear that.

|

5/15/2018 6:27 PM

colintrax wrote:

Does your dad have a PayPal? I dont do GoFundMe

Yea he does. He said it’s under this email tommysanfilippo2112@gmail.com thank you so much

|

5/15/2018 6:28 PM

PM me his e-mail address

|

5/15/2018 6:28 PM

Beat by a minute...wink

|

5/15/2018 6:52 PM

Oh man i am sorry. I was just thinking of him because of the national coming up and he always seemed like a great guy for many years on here. I am going to paypal right now. Hope you can get back to normal as soon as possible.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/15/2018 6:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear this....... please keep us informed on the situation please.....

|

5/16/2018 5:24 AM

This guy had the funniest post. Sorry about the fire that’s tough.

|

5/16/2018 8:38 AM

Howdy guys and girls. It’s been a rough month since the fire but staying busy with working and all the clean up has helped keep my mind off the tragedy that this was. I really miss my animals.
I will give ya the play by play of that day here so you will know what went down.
I woke to high winds and knowing I had a full day of work in town. So I grabbed a shower and get ready. Head out to do the morning chores that included feeding and watering all the animals. I have been planning on doing a pumpkin patch/petting zoo for the fall since last fall and had picked up a couple baby goats that were a week old and I bottle fed them for 6 weeks till they were weened and doing really well. Had a small issue with a bug and spent quite a bit on medicine and special feed to get them back to great health. Had a lot of time and money invested in them damn goats.

Photo

Well I was having a strange gut feeling due to the wind that morning. It was blowing fast and hard but the strange part was how it was swirling around and just felt different than normal. We had a big fire about 3 weeks prior that had me run home to break out a bigger fire break around the house and out buildings. That fire was contained and never got close to us out here in Hanover but some folks lost everything over in midway so I was on edge since then about this springs windy season. So anyways o got finished with my chores and realized I forgot I needed to repair my truck that morning had been having issues with the tilt column for the steering. I broke out the compressor/die grinder and the welder and proceeded to get the thing scanned together good enough to get me into work.

About an hour or so into a job I got a text from my daughter about a fire south west of my place over by I 25. That’s about 13-15 miles as the crow flies from home so I decided I would get my tolls cleaned up and head for home so I could be there if the fire actually made it this far. We have a great volunteer fire department out here and I figured they would probably get it under control before that but nevertheless I started heading home. About 10 minutes later I get a call from the people that are staying in an RV spot on the property for some extra income that Hanover road was closed and the police aren’t letting anyone in. Mandatory evacuations were in effect also.

At this point I decided I would try to sneak in a back way that maybe wouldn’t be so heavily guarded by authorities.
So I had to stop and get some gas in the truck and head out the back way. I was able to get onto Milne rd and headed towards the house as o was approaching the road block on Milne where the police are turning people away I noticed a truck coming across the open prairie and she pulled up to the fence and got out and asked me if I had some wire cutters to cut the fence for her to get out. She told me her home was engulfed in flames and that she just had to release her animals hoping for the best. Well since the fence was open I decided to take off across the bumpy prairie and see if I could maybe get to the house. I do know the way to the house from there so off I go. I got to within maybe a mile from the house when the smoke was getting thick and the truck was starting to fall apart from the cheesy repair I had done. Looking at the maps on my GPS and phone I could tell the fire was already by my house and area. I sat there contemplating what I should do. Well then the fire came over a ride maybe 1/4-1/3 mile away from me and it was huge. I turned and burned my way outta there cutting fences as needed to escape to the main road. Later on I found out the house I was very close to sitting in the truck was totally burned out and the police had just barely saved the old folks that left bed there and were still inside. Had I known I would have made them get in the truck.

So I made it out of there safe and just had that feeling it was not going to be good. About 8 o’clock that night we decided to head out and see if we could get in and see what had happened to my place. The police still had Hanover blocked so went the same back way and we did get to the property and saw that it was almost all gone and leveled to the ground. Sad sad stuff. My daughters were with me and we were all pretty devastated at this point. The pigs were all in there pen and that’s all we could find for animals. A little later a lone chicken came out of somewhere to see us so we found a box that was still there for her to take her with us to be safe from coyotes. We had brought water with us and used it to put out some hot spots that were still around. Then when we felt it was safe to leave for the night we took off to town and decided to just come back in the AM.

The next day in the day light was just something else and realized I was lucky to have gotten out of there alive yesterday. It was a huge fire 5th biggest in Colorado history size wise.

I need to go and help a family get their power run done as I just now received a text that they finally have the money for supplies. So I will continue my story when I get some more time after I get a parts list together for them.
I had power back in about 5 days after inspections and the power company reinstalling the meter. So I know what it’s like without electricity. Off to help a neighbor.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

5/16/2018 10:57 AM

So sad to read, very sorry for your losses. Best of luck rebuilding and carrying on.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

5/16/2018 1:42 PM

Jesus Tommy , I'm really sad to hear about what happened. I will do my best to help out when I get home in front on my computer. I'll also do my best to spread the word. Take care of yourself man , and keep your chin up. Hopefully we'll hook up at another race one day and pound down some cold ones!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/17/2018 8:07 AM

Thank you everyone for your support so far. My dad has stayed so positive threw the whole thing, and I am so glad that there are so many nice people that are willing to help. Love you daddy.

|

5/18/2018 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2018 10:33 AM

Thanks guys. It’s a rough thing I never thought I’d have to go through. I heat the house all wimter with a wood stove and never even thought about my house burning down.

When we went back out the next day and were looking through the debris my daughter Ferrari called us over to look at something she found. Photo
This is what she saw. It’s kinda freaky this was in a card board box wrapped up in tissue paper up in the closet at least 8’ above the blocks. Not any real fire damage and landed just like this with the sheep watching over baby Jesus and. Cow hanging out too. Unfortunately this is very close to where we found my Doberman Boo. I do believe all dogs go to heaven.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

5/18/2018 10:47 AM

Cygnus wrote:

Thanks guys. It’s a rough thing I never thought I’d have to go through. I heat the house all wimter with a wood stove and never even thought about my house burning down.

When we went back out the next day and were looking through the debris my daughter Ferrari called us over to look at something she found. Photo
This is what she saw. It’s kinda freaky this was in a card board box wrapped up in tissue paper up in the closet at least 8’ above the blocks. Not any real fire damage and landed just like this with the sheep watching over baby Jesus and. Cow hanging out too. Unfortunately this is very close to where we found my Doberman Boo. I do believe all dogs go to heaven.

Reminds me of the country group Lady A. Their bus caught fire and burned to the ground, but the only thing that was basically unharmed was their Bible. If that doesn't tell you something, idk what would.

Praying for you and your family.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/18/2018 10:56 AM

Paypal sent and check your e-mail.

Good Luck with the rebuild!

|

5/18/2018 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2018 6:27 PM

Terrible read, but I made it through it all. Hard to read stuff like this. Anyways, I sent all I was able to through paypal. I'm sorry it's not much. We hope you all are able to rebuild what is rebuildable and can find peace with what can not.

|

5/22/2018 4:40 PM

Wow, what a saga. Sorry for your loss. Hope the go fund me helps.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

6/20/2018 11:14 PM

So how's things looking out there now? Got a house going up yet?

|

7/30/2018 9:54 AM

any update on the property?

|