Olsen won’t be competing at the MXDN!

DoubleA
8/7/2018 8:40am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 7:46am
"Thomas Kjer Olsen who currently sits third in the MX2 World Championship won’t be racing the Motocross Des Nations later in the year which is a shame.

Unfortunately, due to the event being in America and so far away, Denmark have decided against sending a team most likely due to the budget it will take for them to contest the event.

“It would be cool but actually Denmark is not going, it’s a little bit far away and it’s a long season for us. Not this year but we are looking to come back strong in 2019”. Olsen revealed in an exclusive interview – visit the site later in the week for the full interview as the Dane discusses Lommel and racing MXGP in the future.

With Denmark not contesting you have to wonder if countries like Slovenia will also consider not competing at the event." - GateDropMX

http://gatedrop.com/olsen-wont-be-competing-at-the-mxdn/

Feel like he would of had some good battles with AP, both have similar riding styles
|
ayearinmx
8/7/2018 8:47am
Slovenia aren't going either.... is what I heard
8/7/2018 8:48am
Anyone know if Tanel Leok will be making his 18th consecutive MXdN start for Estonia??? ....and for anyone who had no idea about this mind blowing statistic - you're welcome
KiwiJack
8/7/2018 8:52am
Dang, that sucks. Understandable though, it's tough financially for the smaller Euro countries to come all the way over here. Hopefully we don't lose too many other countries/riders due to this.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/7/2018 8:56am
Anyone know if Tanel Leok will be making his 18th consecutive MXdN start for Estonia??? ....and for anyone who had no idea about this mind blowing...
Anyone know if Tanel Leok will be making his 18th consecutive MXdN start for Estonia??? ....and for anyone who had no idea about this mind blowing statistic - you're welcome
Yep. He's listed under team Estonia. Racing the MXGP class.

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/MX-of-Nations-teams,1343480

The Shop

DoubleA
8/7/2018 8:58am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 8:58am
Anyone know if Tanel Leok will be making his 18th consecutive MXdN start for Estonia??? ....and for anyone who had no idea about this mind blowing...
Nevermind Mav beat me too it
agn5009
8/7/2018 10:48am
Tanel is a living legend. Such a bad ass!
aeffertz
8/7/2018 11:10am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 2:37pm
So there’s no fuss and understanding about them not sending a team but it’s blasphemous for the US riders and teams to be aggravated with the people running the GPs and MXoN for not being very understanding of their schedule or the cost to make the trip...

Honestly the US should take notes and just not send a team when it’s not in our backyard until they fix the schedule or aid the financial burden.
kb228
8/7/2018 11:16am
So its ok for them to not send a team because its overseas but tomac gets a ton of flak for not going? Give me a break. Pick a damn side people.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/7/2018 11:26am
aeffertz wrote:
So there’s no fuss and understanding about them not sending a team but it’s blasphemous for the US riders and teams to be aggravated with the...
So there’s no fuss and understanding about them not sending a team but it’s blasphemous for the US riders and teams to be aggravated with the people running the GPs and MXoN for not being very understanding of their schedule or the cost to make the trip...

Honestly the US should take notes and just not send a team when it’s not in our backyard until they fix the schedule or aid the financial burden.
completely agree.
mxb2
8/7/2018 11:28am
kb228 wrote:
So its ok for them to not send a team because its overseas but tomac gets a ton of flak for not going? Give me a...
So its ok for them to not send a team because its overseas but tomac gets a ton of flak for not going? Give me a break. Pick a damn side people.
X2
8/7/2018 1:31pm
My guess is the Danish Federation has a tiny budget compare to the AMA, it's a long way to go not to even qualify for the A final.
8/7/2018 1:34pm
kb228 wrote:
So its ok for them to not send a team because its overseas but tomac gets a ton of flak for not going? Give me a...
Yes, it's ok for them to not go there because Denmark hasn't got 3 competitive riders. USA has. And it's not Stefan's own choice to not go. It's the choice of the Denmark Motor Union. Tomac chose not to go as a rider.
philG
8/7/2018 1:34pm
aeffertz wrote:
So there’s no fuss and understanding about them not sending a team but it’s blasphemous for the US riders and teams to be aggravated with the...

AMA is the richest series in the world... Denmark barely has eniugh riders to run nationals. Tomac could pay for Denmark out of ione win bonus.
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
8/7/2018 1:36pm
aeffertz wrote:

Are you really making the comparison between the US and Denmark? Really?
8/7/2018 1:42pm
aeffertz wrote:

NVA57 wrote:
just made same question i was going to ask ... im stunned with these comments
VET176
8/7/2018 1:42pm
Piss poor effort. NZ manage to get to the MXDN every year. geez.

DonM
8/7/2018 1:47pm
My guess is the Danish Federation has a tiny budget compare to the AMA, it's a long way to go not to even qualify for the...
My guess is the Danish Federation has a tiny budget compare to the AMA, it's a long way to go not to even qualify for the A final.
You'd be surprised at how small the AMA budget is, basically they pay for the rider to fly over and a small amount for accommodations and expenses. Anyone that travels with the rider, family girlfriend etc..is on the rider. The factories pay for the shipping of the bikes, the mechanics and their accommodations....and neither the rider or the mechanic get paid any additional monies for doing the MXDN...We send a team every year at much greater costs than any other country but yet get serious shit from Euro and American "fans" when our riders pass up the opportunity to represent their country .
8/7/2018 1:50pm
Who gives a shit! They were gonna get smoked anyways! I can’t blame them for not spending a ton of money to barely make into the A final. Sorry for being brutal but it’s true and I totally understand their decision making.
philG
8/7/2018 1:57pm
aeffertz wrote:

NVA57 wrote:
He will be back when he finds it on the map
RG1
8/7/2018 2:11pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Slovenia aren't going either.... is what I heard
That would be a big shame if Gajser was missing, bit it's understandable. Their participation in the A final basically relies on him being top 3 in his qualifying race, and it's a long way to go to not qualify
8/7/2018 2:12pm
aeffertz wrote:

I don't believe there is anything to be fixed in the schedule. IMO Youthstream should just help out a little more. I'm not just speaking about team USA, this goes for any team that has to fly overseas such as Canada or Australia. Obviously in the case of this year the shoe is on the other foot and now teams like Denmark and Slovenia could use a bit of help as well as a few other countries I'm sure.

But instead Youthstream and whoever else continue to make a shit ton of profit on the MXdN and seemingly ignore that there is clearly a financial burden put on these teams and it's all for what? Pride? Seems like a messed up way to make money to me.
Flip109
8/7/2018 2:15pm
I can totally understand why a small country with little to no shot at a decent finish would not want to do it.
philG
8/7/2018 2:19pm
Obviously, if YS ponied up some cash for the riders that have raced GP's all year and paid for the privilege , Olsen would be there,, These are the riders that will take points , not having Jonass, Gajser, Olsen in the mix weakens it even more.

Its why having the race in the US is a ball ache , because it costs all the teams a bundle that they dont have at the end of the year.
KDXGarage
8/7/2018 3:06pm
"it’s a little bit far away and it’s a long season for us."

A Euro said it is a long season. Break out the violins. OMG.
Kovacic
8/7/2018 3:13pm
You must know that Slovenija have only 2milion people. And the mx sport is not much known in Slovenija+ everbody are giving money( Companys) to the other sports like soccer,skijump.. and than maybe some money for motosport. We have many tracks (mx) in our land. But not so much understanding from Govarmant fo motosport. We dont have any racetracks for car racing or motoracing. And on a national Mx race are only 8-10 riders in mxopen450class(Gajser). So that a real problem to go to usa and find so much money to race on mxdn.
philG
8/7/2018 3:30pm
Flip109 wrote:
I can totally understand why a small country with little to no shot at a decent finish would not want to do it.
No , you really dont get it.. just being picked is an honour, whatever your country , to be at the race , and to line up makes you part of a very select group of riders.
RG1
8/7/2018 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 3:37pm
I don't think entries will be in issue in general this year. The last 2 MXdN in the US have had 30 teams, which is enough for a great event and I think we'll get a similar amount this year. The problem that Gajser and Olsen have is not just that the other riders from their countries are not as good, there's no one who has any support. Olsen is the only Dane in GP's and after him there is no one with any support other than Haarup in EMX and he's injured. Slovenia only have Gercar and Irt who do some GP's on their own programs and the MX2 guy Pancar is doing EMX250 on his own and going to the Last Chance most weekends. I can see why it's hard to justify for those guys. Make no mistake, they all want to be there
ayearinmx
8/7/2018 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 3:48pm
My guess is the Danish Federation has a tiny budget compare to the AMA, it's a long way to go not to even qualify for the...
DonM wrote:
You'd be surprised at how small the AMA budget is, basically they pay for the rider to fly over and a small amount for accommodations and...
You'd be surprised at how small the AMA budget is, basically they pay for the rider to fly over and a small amount for accommodations and expenses. Anyone that travels with the rider, family girlfriend etc..is on the rider. The factories pay for the shipping of the bikes, the mechanics and their accommodations....and neither the rider or the mechanic get paid any additional monies for doing the MXDN...We send a team every year at much greater costs than any other country but yet get serious shit from Euro and American "fans" when our riders pass up the opportunity to represent their country .
And yet every year, without fail, despite these astronomical costs, Team USA send approximately 50 people over to the event...

And of course the family/ girlfriend should be paid by the rider. To think that the AMA should pay for that is crazy.

When Germany won in Lommel, 4 people got up on the podium. The 3 riders and the team manager.

Post a reply to: Olsen won’t be competing at the MXDN!

The Latest