Ol Uncle Ronnie on the decline?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2020 5:27 AM

While I was not there, there has been first hand and photo evidence that jimmy has let his character get to his head.

He didn't do well for himself over the weekend at an arenacross, leaving a trail of destruction. He left many people and kids disappointed by his drug and alcohol induced antics.

When this was pointed out to those who weren't in attendance, Jimmy's new dollar bill special (who will never be Georgia), sends out threatening Facebook messages to those involved. Dumb dumb is threatening lawsuits for defamation. A - it's not defamation if it's true. B - this is how he's lasted this long.

I used to be a "fan", but he's taken it too far. I now agree with all of the people who were saying there's no room in our sport for his BS.

I'm sure there are still fanboys out there with remnants of ronnie in their diet that will be defending him in any way possible, but this should serve as a warning to what you'll really get if you pay this douche and his entourage to come do a show. May be suitable for a strip club or "bro" party, but not a family oriented race event. I would totally expect a moderate level of phuckery with Uncle Ronnie, but he's definitely pushing the limits.

They need to make a short film of the character dying and the real Jimmy coming back to the sport.

There's my old guy pre coffee perspective of an over rated figure that's tainting our sport.

|

2/4/2020 5:36 AM

I agree with you on this one my friend. It was pretty funny in the beginning but it has gone too far. Seems like Jimmy has hit a mid life crisis or something ? I really like Jimmy and he's a hell of a personality and rider, I hate to see this ruin him.

|

2/4/2020 5:40 AM

That sounds like what they hire him for. A drunken hillbilly that goon rides a dirt bike with “I EAT ASS” plastered all over it. Not exactly sure where your expectations were but you kinda just explained his whole “appeal”.

I think the character is tired and low hanging fruit at this point and it attracts the wrong type of crowd but it is what it is. Is there evidence of him doing drugs at the race? What did he destroy at the venue? Why are you bringing Georgia into this?

Again, I think the whole shtick is eye rilling at best but is he really doing what you claim or is he just putting on a show like he’s hired to do?

|

2/4/2020 5:41 AM

aeffertz wrote:

That sounds like what they hire him for. A drunken hillbilly that goon rides a dirt bike with “I EAT ASS” plastered all over it. Not exactly sure where your expectations were but you kinda just explained his whole “appeal”.

I think the character is tired and low hanging fruit at this point and it attracts the wrong type of crowd but it is what it is. Is there evidence of him doing drugs at the race? What did he destroy at the venue? Why are you bringing Georgia into this?

Again, I think the whole shtick is eye rilling at best but is he really doing what you claim or is he just putting on a show like he’s hired to do?

lol good point !!

|

2/4/2020 5:50 AM

It's a character. That doesn't mean destroy hotel rooms on someone else's dime. I don't have his piss to confirm anything, but the people who saw it first hand I don't believe would have any reason to not be truthful.

Like I said, I would completely expect and accept a moderate level of stupidity.

I did not mean to bring Georgia in it in a disrespecting manner to her. She was a gem that jimmy likely lost due to these antics. Now he has a bimbo out threatening people over exposing truths.

|

2/4/2020 5:51 AM

Ron is getting old. I used to think his tech tips were funny and this last one he made was super cringey.

The thing is past its prime for sure. It was funny 3+ years ago. Hes just milking it now.

|

2/4/2020 5:59 AM

He showed up the first night of show stumbling over drunk, and from what i heard didnt show up for saturday night. If your gonna be an actor getting paid to put on a show, you have to atleast show up. No wonder the FIM or AMA wont "Let Ron RIde".

|

2/4/2020 6:10 AM

More Ronnie and less politically correct whinny B's.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

2/4/2020 6:14 AM

This isn't about being PC. I'm far from PC.

I know some real drunk, dirt bikin rednecks and even they wouldnt the crap he's doing. They may beat their wives but that's besides the point. Lol

|

2/4/2020 6:22 AM

Meister wrote:

It's a character. That doesn't mean destroy hotel rooms on someone else's dime. I don't have his piss to confirm anything, but the people who saw it first hand I don't believe would have any reason to not be truthful.

Like I said, I would completely expect and accept a moderate level of stupidity.

I did not mean to bring Georgia in it in a disrespecting manner to her. She was a gem that jimmy likely lost due to these antics. Now he has a bimbo out threatening people over exposing truths.

I guess that’s kinda the point I was getting at. The whole ‘he said, she said’ gossip stuff and comparing wife’s/girlfriends is for the school yard. I agree the Ronnie Mac character has ran its course but I think we should just be careful defaming Jimmy based on rumors.

|

2/4/2020 6:25 AM

They're not rumors, but that's exactly what they'll want you to think. That's exactly why he's lasted as long as he has.

|

2/4/2020 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 6:48 AM

Meister wrote:

They're not rumors, but that's exactly what they'll want you to think. That's exactly why he's lasted as long as he has.

Accusations and claims without any proof or evidence made by an unnamed source is exactly what a rumor is. And what does “I know people that beat their wives that wouldn’t do what he’s doing” suppose to even mean?

|

2/4/2020 6:48 AM

I've seen the proof via pictures. Hell, call the hotel he got kicked out of, I'm sure they'll send you the pictures too!

|

2/4/2020 6:56 AM

Madmax31 wrote:

More Ronnie and less politically correct whinny B's.

whinny
|

2/4/2020 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 7:00 AM

It’s been on the decline for a while now, jimmy isn’t the man he used to be and the character has completly gone to his head, I know people that have been around him and they aren’t around him anymore, hopefully he can pull his head out of his ass

|

2/4/2020 7:02 AM

That act was entertaining at first, because it was neat seeing him rip on an ole 250, the novelty wore off as soon as it turned into more than that, and he should be happy it made him money as long as it did.

Sponsorship dollars are at a premium , and not many would touch him with a 10foot pole.

|

2/4/2020 7:02 AM

I miss J-Law.

|

2/4/2020 7:13 AM

It’s disturbing what people will accept if you’re fast on a dirt bike.

|

2/4/2020 7:23 AM

If you take the R and X rated out of his act/show, he's a unique character for the sport that I think would be fine. i.e. rodeo clown.

|

2/4/2020 7:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 7:34 AM

Bramlett321 wrote:

I agree with you on this one my friend. It was pretty funny in the beginning but it has gone too far. Seems like Jimmy has hit a mid life crisis or something ? I really like Jimmy and he's a hell of a personality and rider, I hate to see this ruin him.

I'd be willing to bet he never got over his marriage ending...

|

2/4/2020 7:40 AM

RonJon wrote:

I miss J-Law.

At least, no one wondered what his real personality was...
tongue

|

2/4/2020 8:01 AM

Brett Cue was the original and best Ronnie Mac. Then when Jimmy took it over, the whole character went south.

|

SoCal - Behind the scenes MX/SX

2/4/2020 8:19 AM

Dumbgeon

|

2/4/2020 8:20 AM

Meister wrote:

While I was not there, there has been first hand and photo evidence that jimmy has let his character get to his head.

He didn't do well for himself over the weekend at an arenacross, leaving a trail of destruction. He left many people and kids disappointed by his drug and alcohol induced antics.

When this was pointed out to those who weren't in attendance, Jimmy's new dollar bill special (who will never be Georgia), sends out threatening Facebook messages to those involved. Dumb dumb is threatening lawsuits for defamation. A - it's not defamation if it's true. B - this is how he's lasted this long.

I used to be a "fan", but he's taken it too far. I now agree with all of the people who were saying there's no room in our sport for his BS.

I'm sure there are still fanboys out there with remnants of ronnie in their diet that will be defending him in any way possible, but this should serve as a warning to what you'll really get if you pay this douche and his entourage to come do a show. May be suitable for a strip club or "bro" party, but not a family oriented race event. I would totally expect a moderate level of phuckery with Uncle Ronnie, but he's definitely pushing the limits.

They need to make a short film of the character dying and the real Jimmy coming back to the sport.

There's my old guy pre coffee perspective of an over rated figure that's tainting our sport.

I'm confused, was he racing as himself or as Ronnie?

|

2/4/2020 8:22 AM

He was paid to be there as Ronnie Mac.

|

2/4/2020 8:27 AM

drifto614 wrote:

Brett Cue was the original and best Ronnie Mac. Then when Jimmy took it over, the whole character went south.

Wasn't it him and Trey who were splitting time originally?

|

2/4/2020 8:28 AM

some of his antics were funny but honestly I have no idea how he has stayed relevant this long.

|

2/4/2020 8:36 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

It’s disturbing what people will accept if you’re fast on a dirt bike.

Wow...I read this, and suddenly thought we were in a JLaw thead. blink

|

2/4/2020 8:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2020 3:07 PM

|

2/4/2020 8:53 AM

sad that his act has run out of talent and it had to turn real if thats the case. Destroying hotel rooms are for high schoolers, not middle aged men, drunk or not.

|