Ok, so what's Milsaps excuse...

CrashMaster
1/24/2011 10:42am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:29pm
Is he just done or what? He can't hardly break in the top ten anymore, it's just sad...
|
Indy mxer
1/24/2011 10:46am
Just cashing checks. imo
CrashMaster
1/24/2011 10:54am
he needs some thing, because whatever he's doing just plain ain't working.
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
1/24/2011 10:57am
He is not a top 10 rider anymore. Especially with the list of the top 10 in points - who do you think he would be better than. He will be good to get the JGR bike in the main, but that is about it. Remember he is coming off a really bad crash last year too.

Pos. Name Points
1. Ryan Villopoto 72
2. James Stewart 67
3. Ryan Dungey 58
4. Trey Canard 56
5. Chad Reed 48
Pos. Name Points
6. Brett Metcalfe 39
7. Andrew Short 37
8. Justin Brayton 36
9. Kyle Chisholm 33
10. Kevin Windham 32

The Shop

mxb2
1/24/2011 10:57am
Lack of motivation, desire? dude has skills, I think his gravy train will come to an end after JGR!
Indy mxer
1/24/2011 11:00am
mxb2 wrote:
Lack of motivation, desire? dude has skills, I think his gravy train will come to an end after JGR!
I'm afraid you may be right. Sure does look that way.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
1/24/2011 11:03am
Is he still married? Brittany was always around SX and you never hear or see her anymore. Just curious.
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
1/24/2011 11:04am
Spat24 wrote:
He is not a top 10 rider anymore. Especially with the list of the top 10 in points - who do you think he would be...
He is not a top 10 rider anymore. Especially with the list of the top 10 in points - who do you think he would be better than. He will be good to get the JGR bike in the main, but that is about it. Remember he is coming off a really bad crash last year too.

Pos. Name Points
1. Ryan Villopoto 72
2. James Stewart 67
3. Ryan Dungey 58
4. Trey Canard 56
5. Chad Reed 48
Pos. Name Points
6. Brett Metcalfe 39
7. Andrew Short 37
8. Justin Brayton 36
9. Kyle Chisholm 33
10. Kevin Windham 32
Let's pretend Davi starts running top ten and bumps Windham or Chisholm out of the above list. Are you going to start a thread on what Windham or Chisholm is using for an excuse?

The field is pretty good this year so you can't expect every guy to be top ten, no matter who they are.
1/24/2011 11:25am
mxb2 wrote:
yup that good ole gravy train, what did he lose? a kidney, half a spleen or something last year, and before that he fractured his neck, plus he has a lingering back injury....you don't normally wad yourself up that much if you don't care about results...Maybe he just isn't as talented as everyone always says he is? Tall guys often make going fast look easy, but that doesn't mean it is. When tall guys wreck, something usually breaks!

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
1/24/2011 11:33am
The dude is still battling back from nearly losing a vital organ and breaking his neck - and maybe even his back was broken too. Give the guy a freaking chance to heal up. When he lost his spleen or kidney or whatever it was - most people on this board said he wouldn't be back for this year's sx season, but he is out there toughing it out and I give him props. Keep pushing Saps!
mxb2
1/24/2011 11:37am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2011 11:38am
It was a few options , i don t know him so i can t tell you his status. I was at budds when i saw him crash, Baggett crashed in the same spot! I never said he was nt fast , People use excuses, wonder if he took a paycut from JGR because he was injured? I doubt it!
pb465
1/24/2011 11:52am
new team, new atmosphere... give him some time, he has never been one to adapt fast but I am sure his best days are still to come
spd721
1/24/2011 12:14pm
pb465 wrote:
new team, new atmosphere... give him some time, he has never been one to adapt fast but I am sure his best days are still to...
new team, new atmosphere... give him some time, he has never been one to adapt fast but I am sure his best days are still to come
x2
CrashMaster
1/24/2011 12:28pm
pb465 wrote:
new team, new atmosphere... give him some time, he has never been one to adapt fast but I am sure his best days are still to...
I highly doubt it. I think he's gonna fade away after a couple more seasons. If he was going to truely break out he has way past his time, he will never hang with RV2,JS7,RD5,ect...
Lightning78
1/24/2011 12:28pm
mxb2 wrote:
Karma wrote:
yup that good ole gravy train, what did he lose? a kidney, half a spleen or something last year, and before that he fractured his neck...
yup that good ole gravy train, what did he lose? a kidney, half a spleen or something last year, and before that he fractured his neck, plus he has a lingering back injury....you don't normally wad yourself up that much if you don't care about results...Maybe he just isn't as talented as everyone always says he is? Tall guys often make going fast look easy, but that doesn't mean it is. When tall guys wreck, something usually breaks!

Thtas not really the point im seeing from this post......If you listened to the pulpmx show when J Bone was on there he didnt sound too stoked on Davi. If he is that badly banged up the why would he knowingly sign on with another high profile team just to cash their checks? IMO that would further tarnish his current status much like it has. If he was that slammed and purposly signed w/ JGR to cash checks that isnt good business and it will come around to bite him.....I mean, they fired Hansen for not putting in effort why wouldnt they do the same to Millsaps.

Now on the flip side why would JGR sign him if that was the case? Maybe they were told otherwise that "Hey I am 110% and feel better than I ever have and Im riding great!!" Much like every rider says just before the season begins. I dont know who is fooling who here, maybe Gibbs thought they saw potential in him and thought they could extract that rare brilliance he exhibits a few times a year or maybe they were lied to ...nobody knows for sure except the people that know people that cant say on here, JGR, and Davi.

I guess for anyone that has rooted for him its frustrating to see what he is capable of yet only show it enough times a year to get a job the next year. A lot of guys on here will point out that he won a race last year and the years before etc.....which is true and there is no reason he cant continue to do so but year in and year out he has a few stellar races and a lot of bad ones.....comparing apples to apples dont mention "Hey a top 15 finish is more than ANY of us can do" which is 100% true but Davi gets paid A LOT of money to be a top 5 guy .... a top 15 is remarkable for a privateer or rookie etc....but Millsaps is not in that group he is a step above that and should be showing it yet it is sporatic ..... and disappointing.
morning_stiffy
1/24/2011 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2011 12:37pm
Spat24 wrote:
He is not a top 10 rider anymore. Especially with the list of the top 10 in points - who do you think he would be...

Pos. Name Points
1. Ryan Villopoto 72
2. James Stewart 67
3. Ryan Dungey 58
4. Trey Canard 56
5. Chad Reed 48
Pos. Name Points
6. Brett Metcalfe 39
7. Andrew Short 37
8. Justin Brayton 36
9. Kyle Chisholm 33
10. Kevin Windham 32
T-Fish wrote:
Let's pretend Davi starts running top ten and bumps Windham or Chisholm out of the above list. Are you going to start a thread on what...
Let's pretend Davi starts running top ten and bumps Windham or Chisholm out of the above list. Are you going to start a thread on what Windham or Chisholm is using for an excuse?

The field is pretty good this year so you can't expect every guy to be top ten, no matter who they are.
Lets not pretend anything. Results are results, and Millsaps isn't producing them.
mxb2
1/24/2011 12:35pm
I would nt sign him to a big contract until i saw a DR s report on him!, and it would be my doctor!
RMZ819
1/24/2011 12:37pm
Milsaps pissed away what could of been a great career. The kid had excuse after excuse. I don't think he has gone Reed and pulled out the Epstein Barr Virus yet. you never know that one might be coming real soon. After that he will have to get into inventing them.

Time will tell.

hasko158
1/24/2011 12:42pm
Even Ezra Lusk, who is working with him said, the hardest thing is getting him to want to ride. He just doesn't have the passion, its just all he knows how to do and is getting by on natural talent. Not sure if he is still married, but Britney is supposedly what drove him away from his family. He was spending all his money on her and it pissed Coleen off.
mxb2
1/24/2011 12:44pm
hasko158 wrote:
Even Ezra Lusk, who is working with him said, the hardest thing is getting him to want to ride. He just doesn't have the passion, its...
Even Ezra Lusk, who is working with him said, the hardest thing is getting him to want to ride. He just doesn't have the passion, its just all he knows how to do and is getting by on natural talent. Not sure if he is still married, but Britney is supposedly what drove him away from his family. He was spending all his money on her and it pissed Coleen off.
That must be some good shit !
Indy mxer
1/24/2011 12:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
Karma wrote:
yup that good ole gravy train, what did he lose? a kidney, half a spleen or something last year, and before that he fractured his neck...

Thtas not really the point im seeing from this post......If you listened to the pulpmx show when J Bone was on there he didnt sound too...
Thtas not really the point im seeing from this post......If you listened to the pulpmx show when J Bone was on there he didnt sound too stoked on Davi. If he is that badly banged up the why would he knowingly sign on with another high profile team just to cash their checks? IMO that would further tarnish his current status much like it has. If he was that slammed and purposly signed w/ JGR to cash checks that isnt good business and it will come around to bite him.....I mean, they fired Hansen for not putting in effort why wouldnt they do the same to Millsaps.

Now on the flip side why would JGR sign him if that was the case? Maybe they were told otherwise that "Hey I am 110% and feel better than I ever have and Im riding great!!" Much like every rider says just before the season begins. I dont know who is fooling who here, maybe Gibbs thought they saw potential in him and thought they could extract that rare brilliance he exhibits a few times a year or maybe they were lied to ...nobody knows for sure except the people that know people that cant say on here, JGR, and Davi.

I guess for anyone that has rooted for him its frustrating to see what he is capable of yet only show it enough times a year to get a job the next year. A lot of guys on here will point out that he won a race last year and the years before etc.....which is true and there is no reason he cant continue to do so but year in and year out he has a few stellar races and a lot of bad ones.....comparing apples to apples dont mention "Hey a top 15 finish is more than ANY of us can do" which is 100% true but Davi gets paid A LOT of money to be a top 5 guy .... a top 15 is remarkable for a privateer or rookie etc....but Millsaps is not in that group he is a step above that and should be showing it yet it is sporatic ..... and disappointing.
Well said!!
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
1/24/2011 1:05pm
The hasn't even been riding that long, give him a break. Let him race into shape, give at least till outdoors before the linch squad breaks out geez
Mstock
1/24/2011 1:11pm
Maybe Milsaps has switched his emphasis to the outdoor title? Sorry.....had to do it. lol
mxb2
1/24/2011 1:13pm
LOL, good one Mstock!
CRFracer117
Fantasy
3773rd
1/24/2011 1:25pm
Really there is no excuses, freakin Lance Armstrong lost half of his man hood and came out as one of the badest dudes on a road bike. I called the Milsack excuses before he landed the ride at JGR. Sad to see his second rate team mate on same equipment doing better, not to take anything away from Brayton but he has no championships or wins but is for sure giving himself some job security for next year.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
1/24/2011 1:47pm
Really there is no excuses, freakin Lance Armstrong lost half of his man hood and came out as one of the badest dudes on a road...
Really there is no excuses, freakin Lance Armstrong lost half of his man hood and came out as one of the badest dudes on a road bike. I called the Milsack excuses before he landed the ride at JGR. Sad to see his second rate team mate on same equipment doing better, not to take anything away from Brayton but he has no championships or wins but is for sure giving himself some job security for next year.
It was 5 years after Lance lost his ball that he won the Tour de France. Davi hurt himself at the end of last year. Not a good comparison.
sfairbro
1/24/2011 1:58pm
I think he needs to go back to his original camp and have his mom kick his a$$.

Post a reply to: Ok, so what's Milsaps excuse...

The Latest