Ok, now Gajser...

Rumors are getting stronger every week around this kid. Coming sooner than expected...
|
kongols
9/14/2016 1:08am
USA next year? So he wants mx2, mxgp and US National title in a consecutive years? Tough task and never been done before.
greg570
9/14/2016 1:12am
kongols wrote:
USA next year? So he wants mx2, mxgp and US National title in a consecutive years? Tough task and never been done before.
Why not...go for it Tim...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/14/2016 1:26am
I'm still betting GPs for one more year before coming over full-time... I wouldn't doubt him hitting the first few rounds of Supercross as a warm up. But around the GP pits this weekend, it sounded likely for him to stay under the Gariboldi tent for one more year... We shall see though, weirder things have happened.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/14/2016 1:27am
Also, I believe the US HRC team is making their announcement at the end of the month...

The Shop

9/14/2016 1:47am
ML512 wrote:
Also, I believe the US HRC team is making their announcement at the end of the month...
Gajser to US Nationals

Roczen to GPs

?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/14/2016 1:49am
ttproducts wrote:
Gajser to US Nationals

Roczen to GPs

?
Please tell me you're joking... Pinch
RG1
9/14/2016 1:51am
I thought I remember seeing somewhere that Gajser had signed a deal to stay under the Gariboldi Honda tent for 4 more years? Did anyone else see that or am I just dreaming it?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/14/2016 1:52am
RG1 wrote:
I thought I remember seeing somewhere that Gajser had signed a deal to stay under the Gariboldi Honda tent for 4 more years? Did anyone else...
I thought I remember seeing somewhere that Gajser had signed a deal to stay under the Gariboldi Honda tent for 4 more years? Did anyone else see that or am I just dreaming it?
According to Gajser himself, in multiple interviews, it was a long-term contract with HRC Honda. Which opens up his options a bit...
9/14/2016 2:01am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 2:03am
ttproducts wrote:
Gajser to US Nationals

Roczen to GPs

?
ML512 wrote:
Please tell me you're joking... Pinch
It's a question but...

Herlings is going to MX1 and, no matter what the 'conversations' on here might be, all things equal he will win in 2017. In my opinion there are just two guys who could stop that on the GP tracks; Tomac and Roczen.

Take Roczen out of the US Nationals and Gajser's job would be easier (but still difficult it has to be said).

If I had Honda's money to spend it's what I'd be doing.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/14/2016 2:10am
ttproducts wrote:
It's a question but... Herlings is going to MX1 and, no matter what the 'conversations' on here might be, all things equal he will win in...
It's a question but...

Herlings is going to MX1 and, no matter what the 'conversations' on here might be, all things equal he will win in 2017. In my opinion there are just two guys who could stop that on the GP tracks; Tomac and Roczen.

Take Roczen out of the US Nationals and Gajser's job would be easier (but still difficult it has to be said).

If I had Honda's money to spend it's what I'd be doing.
That makes no sense... Because of the schedule, Ken can't do Supercross if he does GPs, which kills Honda's chance at a Supercross title. Tim Gajser has never dealt with the tracks, schedule, and heat in our Narional series... His chance of winning a title in his first year could be somewhat low. However, he's quite dialed in on the GP tracks and series right now. Ken Roczen is switching brands and may struggle with the new bike, so throwing him back into a series, schedule, and team he's never been a part of to race GPs would be a tough go as well.

Basically, you'd kill the chance of winning any of those titles! Now if you leave Kenny here and Gasjer in the GPs for next year, they have a more legitimate chance at winning a title, if not a few...
9/14/2016 2:34am
Honda isn't about to play roulette with their riders when they already have the best legitimate shot in both titles, just because Gasjer wants some stupid record. Roczen would also have the biggest say in swapping series as his stock his way higher in value and achievement
9/14/2016 2:51am
Honda isn't about to play roulette with their riders when they already have the best legitimate shot in both titles, just because Gasjer wants some stupid...
Honda isn't about to play roulette with their riders when they already have the best legitimate shot in both titles, just because Gasjer wants some stupid record. Roczen would also have the biggest say in swapping series as his stock his way higher in value and achievement
I agree, what Roczen wants is probably the key and staying where he is makes all the sense.

What if he wants to put the FMOTP question to bed once and for all?

What if Honda want to dig a bit harder at KTM?

What if there's been some secret SX testing and Gajser is a demon at it?

What if Honda's money men are saying that globally, MX results sells more bikes than SX results?

None of us knows and the sensible money is on ML512's version for sure.
DeStouwer
9/14/2016 2:58am
Honda isn't about to play roulette with their riders when they already have the best legitimate shot in both titles, just because Gasjer wants some stupid...
ttproducts wrote:
I agree, what Roczen wants is probably the key and staying where he is makes all the sense. What if he wants to put the FMOTP...
I agree, what Roczen wants is probably the key and staying where he is makes all the sense.

What if Honda's money men are saying that globally, MX results sells more bikes than SX results?

Keep on dreaming.
kongols
9/14/2016 3:04am
ttproducts wrote:
I agree, what Roczen wants is probably the key and staying where he is makes all the sense. What if he wants to put the FMOTP...

Sippin`that old scotch, eh?
9/14/2016 3:15am
ttproducts wrote:

kongols wrote:
Sippin`that old scotch, eh?
Lol. Roczen wants that SX title, the cash that comes with it, then a few more. His other goal is to buy 4 x Audi R8's
a22
9/14/2016 3:53am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 3:54am
Lol. Roczen wants that SX title, the cash that comes with it, then a few more. His other goal is to buy 4 x Audi R8's
How many is Barcia on though now? His 4th or 5th? Think Kenny may actually need 5 or 6 more to top that. Laughing
Those boys don't hang around.
51xc
9/14/2016 4:02am
honestly, why would he wait if he really wants to give it a try? he is on his a game right now. and if it doesn't pan out with sx, he still can go back and go for another gp title. He won't get slower by racing in the usa I guess.
mmcmx
9/14/2016 4:33am
Sooner or later the best riders will end up racing SX all year long.
davistld01
9/14/2016 5:13am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 5:16am
a22 wrote:
How many is Barcia on though now? His 4th or 5th? Think Kenny may actually need 5 or 6 more to top that. :laugh: Those boys...
How many is Barcia on though now? His 4th or 5th? Think Kenny may actually need 5 or 6 more to top that. Laughing
Those boys don't hang around.
If that's true...with Barcla's results, JGR's investment amount vs. bang for the buck return is at an all time low with him onboard.

Cool car though...
olds cool
9/14/2016 5:41am
Then there's also the possibility that Tiga gets ground up and spit out in the meat grinder aka supercross and his whole year is fubarred. Of course, that's not what I'm hoping for but it is a possibility.
FastGzus
9/14/2016 5:56am
ttproducts wrote:

Sensible, smart, logical money is on ML version
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/14/2016 6:55am
olds cool wrote:
Then there's also the possibility that Tiga gets ground up and spit out in the meat grinder aka supercross and his whole year is fubarred. Of...
Then there's also the possibility that Tiga gets ground up and spit out in the meat grinder aka supercross and his whole year is fubarred. Of course, that's not what I'm hoping for but it is a possibility.
Not that unlikely
Or he gets injured
The odds that he does good and doesn't get injured in the whole sx season aren't that good IMO.

I'm just hoping he does the right thing, whatever it is
davistld01
9/14/2016 7:19am
Talent of Tim's level coming to America will do nothing but make the racing more exciting...and I'm always about that!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
9/14/2016 7:36am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2016 7:37am
You know, I was very curious to see how Gajser would react to getting stomped by Eli two weeks straight. He now sees exactly how big of a challenge it is to come race the americans on their tracks, and he could react in one of two ways. Either it will make him re-think his desire to move to America, or it is going to fire him up even more to take on the challenge. Many promising Euro riders have elected to stay back (not faulting them), and many more have come over and failed.

If he still decides to come over and play at the big boy table, HUGE respect for the kid.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/14/2016 8:09am
mmcmx wrote:
No, that will never happen. You would be asking everyone to leave their home's and pack it to America. There will always be a big majority of MX2 world champions that will use that to get them into the AMA and then there will be the guys that stay. The guys that stay are the ones that keep us bench racing forever.
TeamGreen
9/14/2016 8:22am
mmcmx wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
No, that will never happen. You would be asking everyone to leave their home's and pack it to America. There will always be a big majority...
No, that will never happen. You would be asking everyone to leave their home's and pack it to America. There will always be a big majority of MX2 world champions that will use that to get them into the AMA and then there will be the guys that stay. The guys that stay are the ones that keep us bench racing forever.
You're assuming that SX stays in the USA...

Have you been paying attention lately?
Gukamonster
9/14/2016 9:00am
kongols wrote:
Two guys did that "non consecutively"
JMB: 1988 (125GP), 1989 (250GP), 1991 (SX, 250MX, 500MX)
Albertyn: 1992 (125GP), 1993 & 1994 (250GP), 1999 (250MX).

Gajser could use another year in MXGP and to get ready for SX. I don't like his chances of beating Herlings but who knows. A straight jump in 450SX with no experience usually doesn't go well (Albertyn) but Bayle did good fast. An MXGP champ is not eligible for 250SX.
Question
9/14/2016 9:01am

I have no clue about what he does next year, I just hope we will see him soon in the US.

The thing, if he really want to race (some?) SXs next year, either he should move immediately to Cali or Florida at a top rider facility, either he should sign up (and get lots of money) to race every SX in Europe and Australia to get ready, or both.

Just saying, because the gap between a top 5 and the LCQ last spot is not big, and if he wants to get a chance to avoid the usual rookie season injuries he should go progressively.
Question
9/14/2016 9:15am
kongols wrote:
Two guys did that "non consecutively" JMB: 1988 (125GP), 1989 (250GP), 1991 (SX, 250MX, 500MX) Albertyn: 1992 (125GP), 1993 & 1994 (250GP), 1999 (250MX). Gajser could...
Two guys did that "non consecutively"
JMB: 1988 (125GP), 1989 (250GP), 1991 (SX, 250MX, 500MX)
Albertyn: 1992 (125GP), 1993 & 1994 (250GP), 1999 (250MX).

Gajser could use another year in MXGP and to get ready for SX. I don't like his chances of beating Herlings but who knows. A straight jump in 450SX with no experience usually doesn't go well (Albertyn) but Bayle did good fast. An MXGP champ is not eligible for 250SX.
True about Bayle, he did good fast, but he was also crazy "focused" on SX since maybe 1987-88. I think it was his life time goal since his early teenager years, a period he spent a ton of hours on the bike. In Bercy, in 1988, for instance he only lost a main to Johnson, Ward, and all the big names just because he stalled the bike. He had already a few podium finishes and french SX titles too.

87, where Bayle won a heat and finished I believe on 1 podium out of 3 or 4 mains:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkkWWFKW-4
in english Smilehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8-G2JzO_4

88: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB05uVCyOYU

He was prepared, that is why the transition went more smoothly than for many other euro transfers, that he finished on the podium once of twice in SX US in his first part time year in 89, etc. I hope Gajser will do good, so he should not wait A1 to get his feet wet !

Post a reply to: Ok, now Gajser...

The Latest