Ok.... can we go to a full season of Triple Crowns already?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2019 8:51 PM

I would be all for 17 rounds of this.

Great TV cadence, phenomenal racing, and 2/3 of the night isn’t watching guys who won’t qualify for the main.

All 17 rounds?

View Results

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/19/2019 10:10 PM

100%

|

1/19/2019 10:11 PM

I hear you, but man would it be stressful as a racer! But this format consistently produces great racing no doubt.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/19/2019 10:11 PM

Dude. Those commercial breaks though!

|

1/19/2019 10:12 PM

I think more than 3 but not all

|

1/19/2019 10:21 PM

I think 3 heats each class and get rid of the LCQs

|

1/19/2019 10:24 PM

I’m in for 5 or 6! Awesome racing tonight!!

|

1/19/2019 10:27 PM

Yes. Full season.

Also, when ricky called the “mains” a “moto” by mistake, it felt so right. I still like matthes’ idea of gangbangs over anything else.

|

1/19/2019 10:27 PM

snackfedbear wrote:

I think 3 heats each class and get rid of the LCQs

What about other guys trying to get into the 22 rider mains?

|

1/19/2019 10:28 PM

I kinda feel the excitement isn't there. Like there's no build up to the mains. The racing is great though. I like it with just 3 rounds.

|

1/19/2019 10:33 PM

I like the format and I think it’s definitely a nice change of pace, I was excited for it going into today... But there’s just something missing for me without the 20 minute + 1 all-or-nothing main event where my adrenaline spikes right before the gate drop. I didn’t get that from the three race format tonight.

For me, three rounds of this is fine. I would be bummed about having any more than five.

|

1/19/2019 10:33 PM

Not all of them, a couple more rounds would be cool at select tracks.

NASCAR has short tracks and super speedways to mix things up. Supercross can mix it up with the format, I like it.
Provides a different kind of racing entertainment for the fans.

|

1/19/2019 10:34 PM

Fuck to the no

Might as well cancel privateers forever. Send El Chupacabra packing too.

It's just too frantic, too stressful, and too confusing in the long haul. It's like cayenne pepper: a pinch is exciting, but that doesnt mean you want to pour the whole bottle down your throat.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

1/19/2019 10:39 PM

I know some former racers have proposed 2 x 20 minute motos for both classes. I still love that idea. Simple for uninitiated viewers to understand and maintains good symmetry between MX and SX.

|

1/19/2019 10:55 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

I know some former racers have proposed 2 x 20 minute motos for both classes. I still love that idea. Simple for uninitiated viewers to understand and maintains good symmetry between MX and SX.

This is cool, even if it was two 15’s plus a lap I’d be good with it over the current 3 x 12

|

1/19/2019 11:01 PM

APerry151 wrote:

I like the format and I think it’s definitely a nice change of pace, I was excited for it going into today... But there’s just something missing for me without the 20 minute + 1 all-or-nothing main event where my adrenaline spikes right before the gate drop. I didn’t get that from the three race format tonight.

For me, three rounds of this is fine. I would be bummed about having any more than five.

I feel the same way. I like it but it doesent replace a normal main. I still miss 20 lap mains over the timed main.

|

1/19/2019 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2019 11:03 PM

Yeah no for sure! It’s a sweeet format
Edit: my opinion may be biased because I fucking love cayenne pepper

|

1/19/2019 11:06 PM

It does get rid of the leader checking out and everyone settling in. That being said the mains are good too for some late charges too. Idk I like having both. Supercross is getting better and better. Riders have to move up to the right classes, better tracks, triple crown. I know as racers we have a soft spot for mx, but sx is where dirt bike racing is at its highest level. Its all about casual fans, thats how you fill stadiums and tv time is with looots of them. 30 min motos dont speak to casual fans that much so the better they can make sx, the better it is for everyone when the sport has more fans/exposure.

|

1/19/2019 11:06 PM

I like it better. Every race matters and it shakes things up.

|

1/19/2019 11:10 PM

they should settle on 2 @ 15 min ea and call them Motos.

|

1/19/2019 11:16 PM

JJO741 wrote:

So coop settling in to 3rd was exciting? The entire last race is almost always a snooze Fest. First two are entertainin usually. Exception as always is the 250s, somehow they almost always produce better individual races, while the 450s ( maybe) have a more interesting championship battle.

|

1/19/2019 11:17 PM

1st Main, 2nd Main, 3rd Main. Sounds dumb.

At one point tonight RC referred to the 3rd 450 Main as "the 3rd Moto", and you know what, that sounded normal. Call them Motos.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/19/2019 11:18 PM

mx617 wrote:

So coop settling in to 3rd was exciting? The entire last race is almost always a snooze Fest. First two are entertainin usually. Exception as always is the 250s, somehow they almost always produce better individual races, while the 450s ( maybe) have a more interesting championship battle.

I personally prefer theee races for each class vs 2 heats, Las, and mains.

|

1/19/2019 11:23 PM

I love it. Maybe not a whole series of this format (although I wouldn’t mind) but at least half the series would be cool. Every race counts and I like that! It kind of reminds me of this thing called motocross...

But main 1, main 2, and main 3 sound so lame. At least officially call them motos.

|

1/19/2019 11:27 PM

JJO741 wrote:

mx617 wrote:

I feel you. Id much rather watch 2 lcq’s instead of 2 more mains... Stupid logic alert! Like this format malfunctioned peoples brains so much they forget we have 2 heats per class and 2 lcqs where the exact same thing happens and the races dont even count but we still watch those...

|

1/19/2019 11:45 PM

drt410 wrote:

I feel you. Id much rather watch 2 lcq’s instead of 2 more mains... Stupid logic alert! Like this format malfunctioned peoples brains so much they forget we have 2 heats per class and 2 lcqs where the exact same thing happens and the races dont even count but we still watch those...

The difference is the buildup and overall flow of the event. Traditional format the excitement comes at the end of the night, triple crown the excitement comes at the start of the night. I'd rather finish strong.

|

1/19/2019 11:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2019 11:47 PM

C.Worthy wrote:

I love it. Maybe not a whole series of this format (although I wouldn’t mind) but at least half the series would be cool. Every race counts and I like that! It kind of reminds me of this thing called motocross...

But main 1, main 2, and main 3 sound so lame. At least officially call them motos.

The motocross comparison is somewhat valid, but not quite the same since the overall in mx (at the pro level) is entirely meaningless to the championship. All points are awarded per moto, so yes every race really counts to the end result. Triple crown feels like a watered down version of that to me. But I get what you're saying.

|

1/19/2019 11:48 PM

Photo
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/19/2019 11:53 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

What about other guys trying to get into the 22 rider mains?

ok maybe not drop the lcq but definitely 3 heats

|

1/19/2019 11:53 PM

Bracket style. Only 10 riders on the gate for the final race.

|