Ok I'm starting to lose faith in mookie.

djc
H has shown really good speed and before Atlanta has literally crashed every race. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt becaus he is obviously better than his results but now enough is enough he needs to get it together already
|
ctbale
2/26/2017 9:24pm
The guy is dam fast. just needs to smooth it out a little. Love to see him get a holeshot and see how long he can hang on!
2/26/2017 10:28pm
He's always had problems keeping on two wheels. Even last year when he won the title he seemed to fall a lot. He would just have good starts and the talent wasn't there in the 250 class like it is in the 450s. I'll give him a bit of time, remember he's a 450 rookie and he has the speed for sure. I think outdoors will be a bit more friendly to him as long as he gets in shape.
olds cool
2/26/2017 10:35pm
Results may not be where he wants them to be yet but from what I could tell last night in ATL, he and Mr Reed have the highest entry speed going into the whoops. Dude was killing them whoop-de-doosie thingies.

The Shop

philG
2/27/2017 12:39am
What did you expect ... for me he is doing all he can... its a true representation of what winning a class that only has half the riders in is.
jsleeds
2/27/2017 1:24am
I think mookie gets worn out mentally. He needs to be more calm whilst riding. An Alden baker type influence would benefit him greatly
Jmicmoto13
2/27/2017 4:17am
olds cool wrote:
Results may not be where he wants them to be yet but from what I could tell last night in ATL, he and Mr Reed have...
Results may not be where he wants them to be yet but from what I could tell last night in ATL, he and Mr Reed have the highest entry speed going into the whoops. Dude was killing them whoop-de-doosie thingies.
Was he not a freaking rocket ship through the whoops? I was blown away with his speed in that section.
2/27/2017 5:48am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 5:49am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Was he not a freaking rocket ship through the whoops? I was blown away with his speed in that section.
From what I saw in qualifying and even the night show, the bigger riders like Mookie, AC, Deano etc had a much easier time blitzing (not exactly a breaking news concept I know).. The biggest exception to that being Chad - not a big dude but he was just absolutely crushing them
Dtat720
2/27/2017 5:52am
Mookie needs to quit riding with the "world is against the stewarts" mentality. The chip on his shoulder that hes been slighted is killing him. Let it go, just race.
olds cool
2/27/2017 5:53am
olds cool wrote:
Results may not be where he wants them to be yet but from what I could tell last night in ATL, he and Mr Reed have...
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
It was as if he and Reed were already a gear higher than everyone else exiting the right hander before the whoops. Such a short run-up / approach but a huge difference in entry speed. Those two were committed!
Jmicmoto13
2/27/2017 5:55am
Yeah Chad had it dialed. Tomac never really got it figured out though. Looked terrible in the first heat with his back end squatting and bouncing everywhere. Main he was doing the jump method mostly but the rear end looked better. Looked like he had never ridden compared to Malcolm.
Racer111
2/27/2017 6:11am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 6:14am
Until Mookie gets super serious and drops about 20 pounds, he's going to get the results you're seeing. At the end of 2000, RC decided to get serious and lose weight and hire a strength and conditioning coach. After that, he never lost another SX title.
hasko158
2/27/2017 6:15am
Dtat720 wrote:
Mookie needs to quit riding with the "world is against the stewarts" mentality. The chip on his shoulder that hes been slighted is killing him. Let...
Mookie needs to quit riding with the "world is against the stewarts" mentality. The chip on his shoulder that hes been slighted is killing him. Let it go, just race.
I agree. I have seen that he doesn't mention JS all of the time anymore which is a step in the right direction. JS has had his career, Mookie needs to just focus on himself. And not being able to consistently be top 10, maybe the teams were on to something with not signing him.
agn5009
2/27/2017 6:23am
He's had issues with crashes/mistakes his entire career. I don't think anyone has ever doubted his speed and abilities, he just can't put it all together.
Starcrossed
2/27/2017 6:29am
Dtat720 wrote:
Mookie needs to quit riding with the "world is against the stewarts" mentality. The chip on his shoulder that hes been slighted is killing him. Let...
hasko158 wrote:
I agree. I have seen that he doesn't mention JS all of the time anymore which is a step in the right direction. JS has had...
I agree. I have seen that he doesn't mention JS all of the time anymore which is a step in the right direction. JS has had his career, Mookie needs to just focus on himself. And not being able to consistently be top 10, maybe the teams were on to something with not signing him.
He hasn't mentioned anybody because he hasn't had an opportunity yet. When they finally do stick a mic in his face, he'll probably mention James. I haven't seen any interviews with him this year, pre or post race. Have I missed something?
aharper33
2/27/2017 6:32am
I dont know how to say it but at least he is trying. I guess I would rather see a guy crash trying to improve his position (kind of a crash or win mentality) than someone that just rides around trying not to crash.
2/27/2017 7:04am
The way he started out in the heat race vs the semi and main, it was like two totally different riders were on the bike.
JSmith
2/27/2017 7:25am
6 rounds in, and only in the top 10 once. I am not a hater, but I expected better from a 250SX champion. 9 more races to improve.

Anaheim 2 - 18th
Phoenix - 14th
Oakland - 17th
Arlington - 10th
Minneapolis - 11th
Atlanta - 15th
Ted722
2/27/2017 7:33am
JSmith wrote:
6 rounds in, and only in the top 10 once. I am not a hater, but I expected better from a 250SX champion. 9 more races...
6 rounds in, and only in the top 10 once. I am not a hater, but I expected better from a 250SX champion. 9 more races to improve.

Anaheim 2 - 18th
Phoenix - 14th
Oakland - 17th
Arlington - 10th
Minneapolis - 11th
Atlanta - 15th
Same here. Seems like my Mookie Fever got a cold.
jj welks
2/27/2017 7:35am
Dtat720 wrote:

2/27/2017 7:52am
agn5009 wrote:
He's had issues with crashes/mistakes his entire career. I don't think anyone has ever doubted his speed and abilities, he just can't put it all together.
Sorry are you talking about:

Barcia
Canard
Bogle
Weimer
Baggett
Brayton
Grant
Wilson
Tickle
or
Mookie?

oh, and how long has it taken Seely to get to where he's at this season?
The list of riders who have done worse Than Mookie in their rookie 450 season, even on Factory Equipment is long long long long... This thread is full of worthless crap from know-nothings.

Dtat720: Chip on his shoulder???? are you a moron? he's one of the funniest, fun-loving guys out there. What planet are you on? Sounds like you're not actually paying attention to what is going on, more like just imagining it in your own mind and injecting your bias.
DEMONDAVE
2/27/2017 7:52am
JSmith wrote:
6 rounds in, and only in the top 10 once. I am not a hater, but I expected better from a 250SX champion. 9 more races...

Anaheim 2 - 18th
Phoenix - 14th
Oakland - 17th
Arlington - 10th
Minneapolis - 11th
Atlanta - 15th
Ted722 wrote:
Same here. Seems like my Mookie Fever got a cold.
figure in the riders out injured in the already stacked field and then think about where his average finish would be .
mookie fever got more than a cold LOL.
FARANG
2/27/2017 7:53am
I think he's doing ok. Pretty much what I expected in such a stacked field. I said he'd do well to get top 10 coming off a long break and he's got that once out of 6 attempts - not too bad considering, but then I never over-rated him like a few on here.

Looks like he has the speed but fades in the long main. Not seeing huge improvements week on week either so maybe he's settling into being a mid pack guy?

hvaughn88
2/27/2017 7:54am
I guess I'm an idiot, because I think he's actually doing pretty well. Rookie in the 450 class on his own program...not too shabby, IMO. Does he need to stay off the ground? Well sure. But results-wise, I think he's doing just fine.
Dtat720
2/27/2017 7:55am
agn5009 wrote:
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Sorry are you talking about: Barcia Canard Bogle Weimer Baggett Brayton Grant Wilson Tickle or Mookie? oh, and how long has it taken Seely to get...
Sorry are you talking about:

Barcia
Canard
Bogle
Weimer
Baggett
Brayton
Grant
Wilson
Tickle
or
Mookie?

oh, and how long has it taken Seely to get to where he's at this season?
The list of riders who have done worse Than Mookie in their rookie 450 season, even on Factory Equipment is long long long long... This thread is full of worthless crap from know-nothings.

Dtat720: Chip on his shoulder???? are you a moron? he's one of the funniest, fun-loving guys out there. What planet are you on? Sounds like you're not actually paying attention to what is going on, more like just imagining it in your own mind and injecting your bias.
Have you missed his instagram posts? Im not imagining anything. Maybe you are, but i can say that hes got a chip on his shoulder about being shunned on a ride and he clearly feels its about him and his family, not his ability. A kindergarnter can read his posts and understand that
2/27/2017 8:10am
djc wrote:
H has shown really good speed and before Atlanta has literally crashed every race. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt becaus he is...
H has shown really good speed and before Atlanta has literally crashed every race. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt becaus he is obviously better than his results but now enough is enough he needs to get it together already
You realize this is first season in the 450 class? Jesus give him some time
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
2/27/2017 8:13am
I am happy he is out there and he is giving 110%.

Go Malcom!
2/27/2017 8:13am
He hasn't mentioned anybody because he hasn't had an opportunity yet. When they finally do stick a mic in his face, he'll probably mention James. I...
He hasn't mentioned anybody because he hasn't had an opportunity yet. When they finally do stick a mic in his face, he'll probably mention James. I haven't seen any interviews with him this year, pre or post race. Have I missed something?
He's in a bunch of TWMX videos on YouTube.
p0wn
2/27/2017 8:15am
I think he's doing awesome. Didn't know he was riding for sure this year, scraped a deal together and has shown great speed. He'll pull it all together, probably not this year but in the near future y'all will be riding his nuts again.

Post a reply to: Ok I'm starting to lose faith in mookie.

The Latest