Ok Flo sucks too.

Hammer 663s
7/24/2022 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 8:26pm
Sorry yet another thread on this. No not that Flo but I’m down for that at least.

Spent all day Saturday at Washougal. Awesome day with great weather and racing, and a huge crowd. Just sat down to watch replays after a busy day working on bikes in the shop.

Fvcking 480p quality. Almost unwatchable. 250 moto 1 started 15 seconds into the moto. No lead in, no nothing just right into the race well after the gate drop.

Oh and now “no input signal” and it freezes.

I fvcking love this sport. It’s my #1 passion. DC you are fvcking us with this shit. Yeah I know Washougal is in the woods. Record it local and give us something decent. This is a joke.
|
Hammer 663s
7/24/2022 9:22pm
I’m turning it off and heading to the shower. The feed is such poor quality it’s not worth watching. Tried YouTube too and it’s the same 480p crap that is
pixelated and goes blurred every thing they change cameras. Just shit.
CraigCrashes
7/24/2022 9:38pm
Best season of racing in years. Worst coverage ever.

And DC is no where to be found. Lol classic
KTMBRO362
7/24/2022 9:45pm
They also need to change the picture that you see when clicking on the video, they currently give too much away.
bvm111
7/24/2022 10:13pm

The Shop

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/24/2022 10:19pm
FFS...give us a warning with a pic like that. I can't imagine waking up next to that every morning.

bvm111
7/24/2022 10:22pm
sorry….how bout this flo?

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/24/2022 10:24pm
I'd hit that....

Laughing
gerg
7/24/2022 10:26pm
480p a little optimistic I think.
Dirt.Squirt
7/24/2022 10:48pm
We lucked out and our satellite provider has MAV. Been watching qualifying, all 4 motos and occasionally the PulpMX broadcast. Could you possibly switch providers? It is a hassle but so worth it imo
Racerx969
7/24/2022 11:47pm
What in the world is going on. Washougal practice was unwatchable. The quality was atrocious. Decided to wait until today to watch the replay. 250 moto 1 missed the start, quality was awful, and they went to commercial with 2 laps left. Jesus. I am paying for this absolute garbage. WTF. The commercials are perfect quality however. Podium speeches lips don’t match audio. Unbelievable.

Ok. So far, 450 moto one is looking much better. Plessinger with a rider profile only to get interrupted with a comcast commercial? Holy hell. And the 450 moto gets interrupted by the same stupid commercial which goes back in time to earlier in the race. Amateur hour. Unreal.

Villopoto has been fantastic.

Not a full lap into first 250 moto. Another commercial.
What the hell is happening.
Great conversation about the Nations following Chuck Sun… let’s go to commercial. Two laps to go… another commercial.

450 moto four minutes in another commercial. Are they doing this to make fans angry? Jesus! Again! Eli and Chase going at it… let’s go to commercial with 4 minutes left. 2 laps to go… another commercial. God damn.
Another commercial at the finish. What is going on. Dungey gets an interview. Let’s have another commercial and not hear what he has to say.

And I am paying for this.
motokiwi
7/25/2022 12:19am
Instead of bitching - that ultimately comes down to your inability with tech decisions (wet-ware issue) - go with motoworldtv.com you fuckin n00bs - problem solved
tek14
7/25/2022 12:53am
Watched MXGP (MX2,MXGP and EMX races) from Lommel. Perfect without commercials, not missing starts or replays. 19-rounds plus support classes. Costs 130 dollars per year.
How fking hard it can be to match that?
Layton
7/25/2022 4:16am
Racerx969 wrote:
What in the world is going on. Washougal practice was unwatchable. The quality was atrocious. Decided to wait until today to watch the replay. 250 moto...
What in the world is going on. Washougal practice was unwatchable. The quality was atrocious. Decided to wait until today to watch the replay. 250 moto 1 missed the start, quality was awful, and they went to commercial with 2 laps left. Jesus. I am paying for this absolute garbage. WTF. The commercials are perfect quality however. Podium speeches lips don’t match audio. Unbelievable.

Ok. So far, 450 moto one is looking much better. Plessinger with a rider profile only to get interrupted with a comcast commercial? Holy hell. And the 450 moto gets interrupted by the same stupid commercial which goes back in time to earlier in the race. Amateur hour. Unreal.

Villopoto has been fantastic.

Not a full lap into first 250 moto. Another commercial.
What the hell is happening.
Great conversation about the Nations following Chuck Sun… let’s go to commercial. Two laps to go… another commercial.

450 moto four minutes in another commercial. Are they doing this to make fans angry? Jesus! Again! Eli and Chase going at it… let’s go to commercial with 4 minutes left. 2 laps to go… another commercial. God damn.
Another commercial at the finish. What is going on. Dungey gets an interview. Let’s have another commercial and not hear what he has to say.

And I am paying for this.
The actual Mavtv show was nothing like that. There was one commercial per race. It appears that flo racing is putting the other commercials in there.

Oh and the quality of the picture was awesome too.
zippytech
7/25/2022 6:00am
I canceled it too. Guess I will just watch clips off YouTube.
WW444
7/25/2022 6:16am
Is it just me or is the Flo app and also the MavTV app very difficult to find the actual race? They have so much content on these apps that it makes it hard to find the race even when its live. NBC sports app was the last app that ran the nationals that actually ran smooth in my opinion.
7/25/2022 6:47am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 6:47am
What did it for me was when there was an ad for a Buick Enclave that had the action still playing shrunk down in the PIP, but the PIP was also showing an ad for something else, lol. It’s ads all the way down, fellas.
toroP
7/25/2022 6:52am
No, no, Vital has taught me that I’m the problem.
We all need to own our incompetence.

Pit Row

TXDirt
7/25/2022 6:54am
What did it for me was when there was an ad for a Buick Enclave that had the action still playing shrunk down in the PIP...
What did it for me was when there was an ad for a Buick Enclave that had the action still playing shrunk down in the PIP, but the PIP was also showing an ad for something else, lol. It’s ads all the way down, fellas.
Either DC doesn’t know how bad it’s gotten or he just doesn’t care.

Either way, pretty sad.

We have had Peacock and flawless viewing for several years.

Then a complete and utter failure this year. And yeah, the ad within an ad. Feels scammy and dirty. Like the viewers are just whipping boys and will pay whatever and view whatever is shown. Treat Mx fans like we all wear a dunce cap.

Sorry. I’m not that desperate to watch.
theraptur712
7/25/2022 7:02am
Different providers get different ads too. With Suddenlink that last couple of laps they almost went to commercial but held off so we could finish the RACE. Then immediately to commercial...3 of them in fact.

And yeah the vid quality S.U.C.K.E.D.
DC
7/25/2022 7:08am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 7:10am

No, I am right here. I have done everything I can to get it fixed. I am not a streaming service, I am helping put on the races, and to your point, we're seeing some of the best racing in years. The path we tried when NBC Sports and peacock went away failed on the streaming front and now this new platform is trying to get it right. I saw it it freeze at the start of the first 250 moto and I just can't do anything about it when I'm on the other side of the country working at another race track. It came back on halfway through the first lap, but yes, we all missed the start.

I am sorry it's not working the way we thought it would when the season started.

DC
Racer X

WhipMeister
7/25/2022 7:13am
I record from MavTV on Fubo.tv streaming. Been flawless. They have CBS Sports for MXGP, too, Plus NFL Red Zone. Best streaming service for people who are coming from a linear cable/sat setup like Uverse or Direct.
skidsteer16
7/25/2022 7:14am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 7:14am
It is unbelievable how garbage the broadcast and re-airs on Flo are right now.

Honest to god... I think the local high school A/V club could put together a better production if given the chance.

What the hell is happening that 3 weeks in they still have audio issues at every commercial (that we weren't supposed to have), errors in going to commercial, black screens, picture and picture showing an earlier part of the race when they go to commercial, terrible quality stream at times, etc. etc.

It's absolutely nuts! Pinch

For the love of god bring back Peacock!!!
Hammer 663s
7/25/2022 7:22am
DC wrote:
No, I am right here. I have done everything I can to get it fixed. I am not a streaming service, I am helping put on...
No, I am right here. I have done everything I can to get it fixed. I am not a streaming service, I am helping put on the races, and to your point, we're seeing some of the best racing in years. The path we tried when NBC Sports and peacock went away failed on the streaming front and now this new platform is trying to get it right. I saw it it freeze at the start of the first 250 moto and I just can't do anything about it when I'm on the other side of the country working at another race track. It came back on halfway through the first lap, but yes, we all missed the start.

I am sorry it's not working the way we thought it would when the season started.

DC
Racer X

Sorry DC for blaming you. Had a few beers last evening and ranted on. I get we are a Small sport that the big networks could care less about so we took what we could get. Still frustrated with the poor video and bad production. Hopefully next year is better.
ondarvr
7/25/2022 7:23am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 7:24am
To those that say "it worked for me, just get a different provider". I unplugged years ago, no cable (not available), no satellite (far too expensive), and the apps from Mav and Flo don't work with some technology. And the only way to know which provider it may work with is to subscribe to each one and see if it works on Saturday. I checked the other programming on both Mav and Flo during the races when I was either getting no feed, or terrible quality. All other programming was perfect and much better quality, it appeared only MX was a problem.

If Mav or Flo told us how to jump through the hoops to get a good streaming experience it may not have been such a fiasco. It seems like they just took our money, laughed, and said "figure it out yourself".
Bjorn645
7/25/2022 7:28am

DC wrote:
No, I am right here. I have done everything I can to get it fixed. I am not a streaming service, I am helping put on...

DC
Racer X

Could the global community of MX fans not crowdfund something that is simple, ad free and makes us happy and saves you from dealing with rabid vital posters (of which I am 1 when it comes to this because its been really bad this year).

could mxsports not set up some sort of fund where we the actual fans can contribute to a streaming service that we want? Somebody posted on another thread some start up costs that seemed to go well into the millions - not sure if true/accurate but at this point Id pay $200 per year for a crisp, simple stream with no ads and less midrace BS interviews. Just a simple reliable stream. Just put Weigandt in the commentary booth with a case of Redbull to commentate and when there isnt racing just turn off the camera and mute until the next moto. The podium interviews, midrace team manager chats - all of that I dont need. That can be recorded and uploaded to RacerX on the sunday/monday etc - I just wanna see live HD motocross racing with 0 fluff.
TbonesPop
7/25/2022 7:37am
I record from MavTV on Fubo.tv streaming. Been flawless. They have CBS Sports for MXGP, too, Plus NFL Red Zone. Best streaming service for people who...
I record from MavTV on Fubo.tv streaming. Been flawless. They have CBS Sports for MXGP, too, Plus NFL Red Zone. Best streaming service for people who are coming from a linear cable/sat setup like Uverse or Direct.
This is what we do too. Its been 100% perfect. I tried the MavTV app, but ended up just watching it on Fubo and its been great.
bvm111
7/25/2022 7:44am
i’m more concerned that no one has figured out that Honda has copied the theme song for Magnum PI for the CRF250 commercial… The original magnum not that crap they came out recently with a female higgy baby!

Oh wait we can’t talk about commercials or the mob will loose their mind!

TXDirt
7/25/2022 7:47am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 7:49am

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

Bjorn645 wrote:
Could the global community of MX fans not crowdfund something that is simple, ad free and makes us happy and saves you from dealing with rabid...
Could the global community of MX fans not crowdfund something that is simple, ad free and makes us happy and saves you from dealing with rabid vital posters (of which I am 1 when it comes to this because its been really bad this year).

could mxsports not set up some sort of fund where we the actual fans can contribute to a streaming service that we want? Somebody posted on another thread some start up costs that seemed to go well into the millions - not sure if true/accurate but at this point Id pay $200 per year for a crisp, simple stream with no ads and less midrace BS interviews. Just a simple reliable stream. Just put Weigandt in the commentary booth with a case of Redbull to commentate and when there isnt racing just turn off the camera and mute until the next moto. The podium interviews, midrace team manager chats - all of that I dont need. That can be recorded and uploaded to RacerX on the sunday/monday etc - I just wanna see live HD motocross racing with 0 fluff.
I hope you are joking. MX Sports, DMG, and the nationals is a multi million dollar venture. They got shit so locked down teams can’t even sell jerseys or shirts.

But you want the consumer to crowd fund a streaming platform for poor Davey?

It’s not like buying uniforms for the little sisters of the poor sports team.

The investments needed to have your own streaming platform needed to start happening a decade ago.

This group has milked the nationals for decades. Same tracks, same payouts, same production team. Same everything.

It’s called resting on your laurels and they have done it for years and years.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but that’s the reality. That’s why you have vulture companies like Flo Sports step in to stream and then rape the customer on the cost and provide a subpar streaming experience. Because there are NO other options.

Post a reply to: Ok Flo sucks too.

The Latest

The Latest