Ohlins upgrade - 2021 KX450

seanvd
Hi guys. I am looking at buying a ohlins shock, I can get a good price from Itlay. My question is around setup. I need ot set up for a A rider, 95kg with gear. Does anyone who have bought ohlins before have any advice or knowledge about the setup, other than springs? I have heard they have different shim stacks like a C50 stack or a harder C70 stack etc. I am not after a soft trial bike or a bike that feels great at 75% speed, for that the stock suspension is perfect.
|
9/5/2022 4:30am
seanvd wrote:
Hi guys. I am looking at buying a ohlins shock, I can get a good price from Itlay. My question is around setup. I need ot...
Hi guys. I am looking at buying a ohlins shock, I can get a good price from Itlay. My question is around setup. I need ot set up for a A rider, 95kg with gear. Does anyone who have bought ohlins before have any advice or knowledge about the setup, other than springs? I have heard they have different shim stacks like a C50 stack or a harder C70 stack etc. I am not after a soft trial bike or a bike that feels great at 75% speed, for that the stock suspension is perfect.
Unless you have a tuner that has tons of testing time with an Ohlins shock on a KX 450 and extensive notes, you’d be better off buying an A kit shock from someone who does and having it set up for your ability and size. The hours of testing and development are a big part of what you are paying for when you get your bike revalved.
Talisker
9/5/2022 4:33am
Unless you are a pro and have very specific needs, I’d send the stock stuff to Enzo.

Post a reply to: Ohlins upgrade - 2021 KX450

The Latest