Oh yes he did - KR air forks

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2016 10:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2016 11:24 AM

Just bashed them hard: "got worse and worse as Moto went on".

|

7/9/2016 10:58 AM

His excuses get worse and worse as the years go on

|

He had to blame something

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

Got to have something to blame.

|

7/9/2016 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2016 11:00 AM

Waaaah! His forks didn't seem to be a problem for him at any of the other races this year... Is this the start of the patented Roczen second half of the season fade?

|

7/9/2016 10:59 AM

oh Kenny and excuses ...dont go there , fix the problem and win moto 2

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/9/2016 11:01 AM

Nothing better than watching someone that is not intimidated and wants to win at all costs. Tomac was incredible!

|

7/9/2016 11:01 AM

Hmmm... and Cooper Webb switched from spring forks, back to air (KYB PSF1, same as Kenny) and won the last two races...

|

7/9/2016 11:02 AM

PTECH wrote:

Waaaah! His forks didn't seem to be a problem for him at any of the other races this year... Is this the start of the patented ...more

Logic, isnt it great. I feel the 2nd moto will tell alot

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

7/9/2016 11:02 AM

In all Fairness the Forks L@@ked Awful like PoGo sticks at the End of the Race...

|

7/9/2016 11:03 AM

I wonder if those low stiction seals let some sand into the fork internals?

|

Wow that surprised me. I expected him to say Tomac was just going quicker than he would be comfortable at so he backed it off to have save points.
He's probably right about the air forks, the internal pressure must be immense at those temperatures and at a track like that (that they don't have any data from doing 35min motos). But blaming it on only the bike like that is pretty lame

|

There is no need for Ken to make excuses. He is dominating so far this year. It was still a great ride, and that is all he needs to do from here on out to win the Championship. Good ride for Ken.

|

7/9/2016 11:04 AM

I figured he'd have an excuse & the fanboys will have even more. Kenny is one of my favorite riders, but I'd like him to man up when he loses.

|

7/9/2016 11:06 AM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

I figured he'd have an excuse & the fanboys will have even more. Kenny is one of my favorite riders, but I'd like him to ...more

I concur. Love watching him ride, race and his social media keeps it fun. I cringe when he is interviewed following a sub par (for him) ride.

|

"It sure is fun to have fun!"

7/9/2016 11:07 AM

It is well documented that air forks get stiffer as they get hotter, towards the later part of a moto. Think Jackhammers! I'm sure the suspension companies are working on this. Nothing new.

|

7/9/2016 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2016 11:19 AM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

I figured he'd have an excuse & the fanboys will have even more. Kenny is one of my favorite riders, but I'd like him to ...more

This. Cocky when he wins, excuses when he loses.

|

7/9/2016 11:10 AM

Honestly, the pressures inside a shock bladder changes much more than a PSF1 fork does during a long moto...

|

7/9/2016 11:10 AM

For a moment there I thought he was about to cry on the podium.

|

7/9/2016 11:11 AM

Have to figure he must've felt something if he said he did, but also have to keep in mind Tomac is super f*****' fast at Southwick.

|

Just your average moto genius.

7/9/2016 11:14 AM

I only watched a small part of the race, 2 laps of so before Rozen passed Bogle and 30 seconds or so after Tomac passed Roczen. That was the Tomac of last year. I think Eli just got over the fear of falling again. Watch out, it might not be over. Roczen is one DNF away from it being a race again.

|

7/9/2016 11:16 AM

Geez with all this technology you think they could build a stabilizing blow-off one-way check valve that once air pressures reach a certain point at some part of the travel or maybe is a linear set up that it would maintain consistent pressure they got to be at least using nitrogen right?

|

7/9/2016 11:19 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Geez with all this technology you think they could build a stabilizing blow-off one-way check valve that once air pressures ...more

One problem is when the system blows off. Some might simply say "He likes it at 32 PSI, make it blow off at 34PSI"... But the pressure rises as the fork goes through the stroke and compresses the chamber (changing the volume)... so the number would have to based off bottoming or near bottoming.

|

7/9/2016 11:19 AM

PTECH wrote:

Waaaah! His forks didn't seem to be a problem for him at any of the other races this year... Is this the start of the patented ...more

Do you even follow motocross? He literally failed to finish a moto at GH because one part of his air forks went out (Yes i know that the RCH team put it on, not KYB, but still)

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

7/9/2016 11:20 AM

One other note: RCH had Showa spring forks on his bike during outdoors last year... Ken Roczen tested KYB's PSF1 forks during the off-season and asked RCH to buy those for him...

|

7/9/2016 11:32 AM

ML512 wrote:

Hmmm... and Cooper Webb switched from spring forks, back to air (KYB PSF1, same as Kenny) and won the last two races...

There is no point trying to use reason and logic mate, many people want air forks to fail since they can't get past the dogma of the only solution to a problem they can think of.

|

7/9/2016 11:34 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

There is no point trying to use reason and logic mate, many people want air forks to fail since they can't get past the dogma ...more

I just like posting the facts. laughing

|

7/9/2016 11:36 AM

Don't be like Reed Kroc!!!

|

7/9/2016 11:37 AM

ML512 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

There is no point trying to use reason and logic mate, many people want air forks to fail since they can't get past the dogma ...more

ML512 wrote:

I just like posting the facts. laughing

Some people on vital dont like facts and truth. Ruins the excuse,conspiracy theory.

|

7/9/2016 11:45 AM

Roczen needs to eat a hamburger and a slice of pizza and just admit that he was tired.

|