Oh yeah no doubt anymore something wrong Tomac-here’s why

kpiper
3/30/2019 10:31pm
Eli is a good guy. Just because he is struggling with his riding right now does not mean he deserves some of the comments here about him.

All athletes struggle at times. He is the winningest SX rider the last two years and has three wins this year which is second most.

Clearly, his issues right now seem mental. He proved at Detroit and Daytona he could dominate and he did not show signs of fatigue at those races. So how to explain that the last three races it seems like he can't ride even ten minutes without fading? Not flowing, holding on too tight, trying too hard, feeling pressure, etc. All those things can explain what we are seeing. He still has the speed to be in front.

Not everyone can handle the pressure like RC, RD, RV2 etc. Heck, they all quit right around the point Tomac is at right now because of the pressure. Personally, I give the guy some slack. I raced for many years and you always have times that you struggle. He is still dammed good!

This won't be an easy quick fix for Eli. The best route may be a different team and he may have already decided that part. I just hope he does not decide to retire early like so many seem to do. When he is on I think he is the most exciting rider we have.
milliebays
3/30/2019 10:44pm
drt410 wrote:
The fact that James from a non biased 3rd party perspective was saying how Tomac is like the fastest guy hes ever seen, but he gets...
The fact that James from a non biased 3rd party perspective was saying how Tomac is like the fastest guy hes ever seen, but he gets in his own head and it screws him up is telling. His 2nd half of the 17 sx season showed it when he dominated... but still lost to Dungey. His beginning of the 15 mx season winning by 1:20 over Dungey shows the guy is out of this world fast and that may have been fastest ever... but his head sabotages his body. Its the craziest thing Ive ever seen, the guy has the talent to be the greatest of all time, but he sabotages himself.

I know you cant take meds but I think he has generalized anxiety disorder- that brings some of the awkwardness, but also panic attacks and it seems like when something happens he panics, this spikes your heart rate, and would drain his body of oxygen drastically dropping his cardiovascular performance in half. This is why the sport is so tough though, to be great you need your physical conditioning to be world class, preparation, skill, and mental toughness all need to be at the top of human performance and if 1 is not you wont be one of the best ever. You can still be successful, but you need all to be clicking to be one of the best ever.
Gopd points.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/30/2019 11:07pm
Goes to Honda with Kenny. Stamp it. Jk I wish that would be awesome
I would like to see him back on a Honda but it's unlikely Honds will write two Big Cheques to have them two together.
3/30/2019 11:21pm
Here's a scenario to cheer up Tomac fans. RBKTM has the #1 and #2 guys in points...who are also at each other's throats. Musquin literally threatened retaliation against his teammate on the podium tonight.

If Musquin and Webb replicate the Roczen/Webb incident and take each other out, guess who's in the cat-bird seat Ricky always tells us about? Shocked

The Shop

FlaNard
3/30/2019 11:44pm
That was rough to watch.
3/31/2019 12:20am
Here's a scenario to cheer up Tomac fans. RBKTM has the #1 and #2 guys in points...who are also at each other's throats. Musquin literally threatened...
Here's a scenario to cheer up Tomac fans. RBKTM has the #1 and #2 guys in points...who are also at each other's throats. Musquin literally threatened retaliation against his teammate on the podium tonight.

If Musquin and Webb replicate the Roczen/Webb incident and take each other out, guess who's in the cat-bird seat Ricky always tells us about? Shocked
I can see the two ktm riders cleaning the other one out, but it would probably only affect one of them from a points perspective. Thought it would happen sooner to be honest.
3/31/2019 3:39am
500guy wrote:
Do we know for a fact that He wasn't having a Mechanical issue or something Physical ? I agree something is wrong, but lets not just...
Do we know for a fact that He wasn't having a Mechanical issue or something Physical ?

I agree something is wrong, but lets not just throw him under the bus without real info.
level wrote:
Good point. I was just about to say that. The rest of the night will be telling for me to see if was a bike issue...
Good point. I was just about to say that. The rest of the night will be telling for me to see if was a bike issue first moto.
So after that first race you have come to the conclusion that Tomac is on purpose putting in " Bad rides",...
Now 500guy states a couple of other factors that could explain Tomacs first race problems and now you think that is a good point,.. What is your point.. ? Tomac is not winning, he is not stamping his authority.
Do you really think his old man would approve of his bad rides?.Eli 's a great rider,whatever's going on with him i hope he gets it sorted out.
3/31/2019 3:43am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 3:46am
drt410 wrote:
The fact that James from a non biased 3rd party perspective was saying how Tomac is like the fastest guy hes ever seen, but he gets...
The fact that James from a non biased 3rd party perspective was saying how Tomac is like the fastest guy hes ever seen, but he gets in his own head and it screws him up is telling. His 2nd half of the 17 sx season showed it when he dominated... but still lost to Dungey. His beginning of the 15 mx season winning by 1:20 over Dungey shows the guy is out of this world fast and that may have been fastest ever... but his head sabotages his body. Its the craziest thing Ive ever seen, the guy has the talent to be the greatest of all time, but he sabotages himself.

I know you cant take meds but I think he has generalized anxiety disorder- that brings some of the awkwardness, but also panic attacks and it seems like when something happens he panics, this spikes your heart rate, and would drain his body of oxygen drastically dropping his cardiovascular performance in half. This is why the sport is so tough though, to be great you need your physical conditioning to be world class, preparation, skill, and mental toughness all need to be at the top of human performance and if 1 is not you wont be one of the best ever. You can still be successful, but you need all to be clicking to be one of the best ever.
Thumbs up,

People here can't see past the bike, the MX dream, the lifestyle etc.

Some guys have huge egos that feel disgusted by losing a race other don't, Tomac strikes me as a man who's too smart to be riding supercross as an adult, he doesn't have the ego like the others either.

This is a random guess so take it for a grain of salt, I think he's either over it or burnt out, he doesn't want to disappoint his fans nor his team and cracks and sabotages himself under this pressure of his fans and team.

He's not riding for himself, that's the main problem, there's a different between "Oh I better do well because my boss might sack me" to "I better win because Webb will laugh and think I'm shit and laugh at me, Ill smoke the cocksucker"

People just assume that these dudes have the best job in the world and they're lucky because they "talented" and should give their souls up to please their fans, the only riders who succeed in this trade are the ones who do it for their own ego and absolute fear of losing, not everyone has that, if people had the same mindset as Stewart/RC/Herlings for example there would be A LOT more faster guys out there.

Tomac is kinda like a better version of Josh Hansen, all the talent in the world but does not want it enough which is completely fine and understandable.

Just wait for the MX where Tomac loves to use his momentum by swinging wide around corners WOT, that's his natural groove that's where he feels less pressure thats when he will get results and possibly the championship.

3/31/2019 4:34am
Pembroke36 wrote:
This is what I have been wondering. If a long term employee like Mike and a rider have an issue, reassign Mike to some other position...
This is what I have been wondering. If a long term employee like Mike and a rider have an issue, reassign Mike to some other position till the rider leaves. Rider careers are very short with a company by comparison. Sucks it worked out this way IF that is what even happened. Even worse is Tomac leaves after this year.
Maybe Kawi plans on keeping Tomac for a while. Wink
3/31/2019 4:38am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 5:55am
dimetime wrote:
Wow. Ok guys, so happy to know you all are the gatekeepers of "real" fandom. You toddlers demand people enjoy the sport your way or the...
Wow. Ok guys, so happy to know you all are the gatekeepers of "real" fandom.

You toddlers demand people enjoy the sport your way or the highway huh?

So sorry but l get to decide that shit.
Bandwagon fanboy. Get lost. Go cheer for Webb. He’s your winner now.
3/31/2019 4:43am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 4:44am
dimetime wrote:
Wow. Ok guys, so happy to know you all are the gatekeepers of "real" fandom. You toddlers demand people enjoy the sport your way or the...
Wow. Ok guys, so happy to know you all are the gatekeepers of "real" fandom.

You toddlers demand people enjoy the sport your way or the highway huh?

So sorry but l get to decide that shit.
Double post
3/31/2019 5:46am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 5:48am
100% mental. End of story! He should be waxing everyone. Between the ears is his biggest competitor.

Although comparing him to josh Hansen is a strrrrrrreeeeeeetttttch.
3/31/2019 5:48am
Head case. And Im a big fan.. Was.
Way to stick by your guy.
KYFHO699 wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking...you’re not a “big fan” if you can’t stick with the guy through thick and thin. Frustrating to watch at times I...
Exactly what I was thinking...you’re not a “big fan” if you can’t stick with the guy through thick and thin. Frustrating to watch at times I agree, but nonetheless I’m personally am a fan. Lot’s of tools on here seem to jump ship and start rooting for the current guy who is winning (bandwagon riders).
Tool?? FU dude I choose my riders to cheer for, usually who tries the hardest, never quits or comes back from adversity. I owe nobody my loyalty who I don't know and especially to someone in entertainment/sports. Thats the purpose of being a fan of a sport. You self ritchious asshole!
3/31/2019 6:02am
KYFHO699 wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking...you’re not a “big fan” if you can’t stick with the guy through thick and thin. Frustrating to watch at times I...
Exactly what I was thinking...you’re not a “big fan” if you can’t stick with the guy through thick and thin. Frustrating to watch at times I agree, but nonetheless I’m personally am a fan. Lot’s of tools on here seem to jump ship and start rooting for the current guy who is winning (bandwagon riders).
IDG bandwagon fans. One of the biggest thrills of being a fan is seeing your guy weather the adversity and the obstacles and come back for...
IDG bandwagon fans. One of the biggest thrills of being a fan is seeing your guy weather the adversity and the obstacles and come back for the podium/win/championship/whatever. Yeah, it's frustrating AF being a Tomac fan right now, but dropping him completely just bc of an off season is pretty weak. Always rooting for the winner is boring, lame, and takes the thrill/risk out of being a sports fan.
Hey buddy, Im a fan of the sport, how much loyalty do I owe a guy that could less about people he dont know(like anyone). I pull for guys that best suit the things I stand by, and in the world of entertainment that changes. I come to vital to see what most people are feeling and never criticize anyone for their feeling. Then you have your self ritchious virtue signaling "tools" on here who spend more time criticizing posts than adding a comment.
Mxracer6y
3/31/2019 6:12am
What do you mean the first ?? It’s been done quite a few times....
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/31/2019 6:18am
Tool?? FU dude I choose my riders to cheer for, usually who tries the hardest, never quits or comes back from adversity. I owe nobody my...
Tool?? FU dude I choose my riders to cheer for, usually who tries the hardest, never quits or comes back from adversity. I owe nobody my loyalty who I don't know and especially to someone in entertainment/sports. Thats the purpose of being a fan of a sport. You self ritchious asshole!
It's......"righteous"
bama205
3/31/2019 6:25am
LoudLove wrote:
Tomac has grown weary of the SX/MX lifestyle. He's a talented rider who would rather spend his time doing something else. He lacks the hatred of...
Tomac has grown weary of the SX/MX lifestyle. He's a talented rider who would rather spend his time doing something else. He lacks the hatred of losing, which is a prime mover with many champions across a vroeity of competitive endeavors. His near decade-long tenure on the circuit has simply exhausted him mentally and physically. Complexity understandable.
Mxracer6y wrote:
He told you this? You know him personally eh?? How about you put a disclaimer at the bottom of your post that says "I have no...
He told you this? You know him personally eh??

How about you put a disclaimer at the bottom of your post that says "I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm gonna pretend I do anyways!
It’s a forum on the net. Isn’t that a given?
3/31/2019 6:39am
Plus why is Joey in the pc rig and Eli in the Kawi rig? At A1 this year i noticed they split the team in half...
Plus why is Joey in the pc rig and Eli in the Kawi rig?
At A1 this year i noticed they split the team in half. Eli had his own crew chief and Joey had his own.
What happened after MEC ?
Joey is not in the PC rig as of a few hours ago. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/30/335128/s1200_IMG_0773.jpg[/img]
Joey is not in the PC rig as of a few hours ago.

The race day interviews ive seen from Joey, after the race. Are all in the Pro Circuit semi.
Wiff3
3/31/2019 6:56am
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi knows he's leaving after this year, and just aren't building him the bike he wants so they don't have to pay him the big win and champoinship bonuses?
davistld01
3/31/2019 7:00am
Tomac is what’s wrong with Tomac. He will never win a championship. Stamp it. He’s too mental, and if he has to work too hard, he folds.
3/31/2019 7:00am
Wiff3 wrote:
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi...
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi knows he's leaving after this year, and just aren't building him the bike he wants so they don't have to pay him the big win and champoinship bonuses?
are you serious ? Shocked
3/31/2019 7:06am
KYFHO699 wrote:
IDG bandwagon fans. One of the biggest thrills of being a fan is seeing your guy weather the adversity and the obstacles and come back for...
IDG bandwagon fans. One of the biggest thrills of being a fan is seeing your guy weather the adversity and the obstacles and come back for the podium/win/championship/whatever. Yeah, it's frustrating AF being a Tomac fan right now, but dropping him completely just bc of an off season is pretty weak. Always rooting for the winner is boring, lame, and takes the thrill/risk out of being a sports fan.
I hear you there. As a Dungey fan, it was incredibly frustrating to see RV get the best of him. But Dungey kept at it, and took over when RV retired. It was awesome to see Dungey get three sx titles in a row.
3/31/2019 7:09am
WCRider wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/31/335189/s1200_Sans_titre.jpg[/img]

Looks like mom let the cat out of the bag. Not gelling with the new bike yet. Hopefully it works good for him outdoors.
level
3/31/2019 7:09am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 7:10am
Look my goal was to never bash Tomac. I will always and I mean always be a fan of Tomac. I got caught up in the racing at the moment and the things I were seeing were so far out of character for Tomac it had me baffled and I mean baffled.

He said he didn’t feel like himself the first few Moro’s but then we hear from family it’s the bike it and then a mechanic up and quits. It leaves us fans speculating which is what fans do.

The people that run the board are in tight with the riders and community so they get offended with fan comments at times but we are just home watching on tv.
3/31/2019 7:10am
davistld01 wrote:
Tomac is what’s wrong with Tomac. He will never win a championship. Stamp it. He’s too mental, and if he has to work too hard, he...
Tomac is what’s wrong with Tomac. He will never win a championship. Stamp it. He’s too mental, and if he has to work too hard, he folds.
BS. Nobody collapses that bad under pressure and he doesn’t have championship pressure. He’s out of it.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
3/31/2019 7:10am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 7:22am
Wiff3 wrote:
It looks like he's fighting the bike in the turns and through the whoops. Aren't those the 2 places he's usually killing it? Any chance Kawi...
Totally agree. He seems to fight too much with the bike. Maybe that's why he seems so tired at the end of the main and get arm pump.

The last two years, he was strong in turns and whoops. This year, most of the time, he is bad.
bents
Fantasy
909th
3/31/2019 7:13am
When Tomac lifted at the finish line to allow Marv to get past him, I immediately thought that he did so to give Marv the extra point or two because he would much rather see Marv win than Cooper! I can't imagine anyone in that 450 class is happy that Coop has not gone away and has full control of the series-I'm sure they are all super pissed. No one will come out and say it, but...
Wiff3 wrote:
WCRider wrote:
Totally agree. He seems to fight too much with the bike. Maybe that's why he seems so tired at the end of the main and get...
Totally agree. He seems to fight too much with the bike. Maybe that's why he seems so tired at the end of the main and get arm pump.

The last two years, he was strong in turns and whoops. This year, most of the time, he is bad.
I couldn’t believe how much time he was losing in some corners. Seemed like he couldn’t even get the bike in a damn rut at times. Hard to watch.
Wiff3
Wiff3 wrote:
are you serious ? Shocked
Did I break a rule? He's suddenly not the fastest guy in the turns, square's most of them instead of railing them, and looks bad in the whoops. He didn't forget how to do those things.

Are questions out of the question now?

Post a reply to: Oh yeah no doubt anymore something wrong Tomac-here’s why

The Latest