Oh yeah RC reads vital for sure

level
4/7/2019 10:01am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 7:42am
Just saw on twitter. We fans do bitch a lot and me included for sure but we are fans that’s what we do. Lol. We are on the outside looking in and this is our place to vent at times but apparently the insiders know what we say for sure and it seems they don’t like the fans much either.

|
slipdog
4/7/2019 10:07am
Didn't those guys race like 15yrs ago?
disbanded
Fantasy
1914th
4/7/2019 10:08am
I wonder what his username is on here
Crush
4/7/2019 10:14am
Is Vital classed as social media?
Brad460
Fantasy
773rd
4/7/2019 10:18am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 10:20am
I think every weekend we should have one of the resident VitalMX complainers be the guest announcer...imagine how terrible these know-it-all’s would be?

The Shop

4/7/2019 10:21am
Crush wrote:
Forums are not considered social media... but I think it's easier than saying "love all the positive vibes on the forums"... Would be too much of a nod to Vital... Unless he's taking an equal amount of heat on ThumperTalk lol
Crush
4/7/2019 10:23am
Crush wrote:
Forums are not considered social media... but I think it's easier than saying "love all the positive vibes on the forums"... Would be too much of...
Forums are not considered social media... but I think it's easier than saying "love all the positive vibes on the forums"... Would be too much of a nod to Vital... Unless he's taking an equal amount of heat on ThumperTalk lol
I can’t imagine he’s not getting shit about it. It almost seems like the awkwardness is transferring to Ralph now too...
orange_44
4/7/2019 10:23am
Well they are pretty terrible. 52 minutes before Daniel Blair’s piece on Forkner Kawasaki confirmed that he was out of the race but those 3 nitwits report that there’s a “possibility” he may still line up. Are these idiots held under a rock before the race starts?

Another thing, Ralph is saying how great it is that Sexton made up all those points and how happy he should be that he’s only 3 down. He failed to mention how if knucklehead Cooper didn’t take him out he could possibly be tied with Forkner. It’s like they have blinders on.
gt80rider
4/7/2019 10:25am
If we wanted a not so accurate crystal ball in the booth we would have one there... RC is the problem here.... We get to watch him really suck at something he has no talent for every Saturday night..... And he blames it on the consumers that he is trying to help sell bikes too... Lmao... The goat's legacy gets more tarnished by the minute....
mikec265
4/7/2019 10:32am
I don't have any problems with anyone on the mic. Didn't have a problem with Emig either. Some people on here could hit the lottery and immediately be upset over it.
Doddy
4/7/2019 10:37am
Crush wrote:
Forums are not considered social media... but I think it's easier than saying "love all the positive vibes on the forums"... Would be too much of...
He's taking heat from every corner of the internet I visit. I feel like Vital has the most people defending him it seems...
On Thumpertalk(rarely visit) someone even calls him "Fat Ricky". It's terrible guys.....

Just about every dirtbike site/forum I read anything from agrees with these 2 things: Ricky is bad, and 98% of us(riders) don't give 2 sh!ts about NASCAR. People are really heated over this stuff.... Oh and theories of what is going on with Tomac is just epic...

4/7/2019 10:40am
Crush wrote:
Probably gets a lot of BS on instagram. If you think vital is bad... IG is 10 times worse, easily.
Premix
4/7/2019 10:41am
Rick? Rick? Ya there Rick?
loftyair
4/7/2019 10:43am
he's the goat at mx racing. Not anything else. I don't listen much to mx, they do it for the casual or even first time viewers. In other words, he's not talking to us 'smart' vitalers. There job is media, not experts.
4/7/2019 10:50am
Crush wrote:
Probably gets a lot of BS on instagram. If you think vital is bad... IG is 10 times worse, easily.
Yeah, read some IG and YouTube comments and it's basically 95% Dumbgeon content...
level
4/7/2019 11:15am
I for one have bashed the announcing at times but in general it’s not all bad. People do use the internet to bash others and it’s something we could work on for sure me included.

As I get older and wiser I understand that a bit more. I think Ricky just needs to realize it’s the internet and people are dicks. Doesn’t mean they feel like that all the time. It has to be tough though not to feel offended. I probably would.
Brad460
Fantasy
773rd
4/7/2019 11:19am
Very likely some of the same folks complaining on here are the exact same people on IG doing the same...regardless its the same class of people.
KHI Guy
4/7/2019 11:21am
Why do people get so upset about RC's commentary ability? I tune in to watch the race, not listen to the announcers. If they say something useful or insightful during the night, then great. If not, then who cares? Jeez....Huh

Personally, I don't think he's that bad.
121ANM
4/7/2019 11:25am
Ah it’s just ol rick fishing for love from the nut huggers
MikeyB35
4/7/2019 11:39am
Only a fool would disrespect the Goat.
level
4/7/2019 11:41am
There is definitely some work to be done. Just like he got better at riding a bike they can all get better at announcing.

Have some meetings. Get together. Discuss what’s working and what’s not. Take some of the criticism you are hearing from fans and see if there is something to what they are saying. Ignore the mean stuff from people just typing and venting from emotion and anonymity.
Hank_Thrill
4/7/2019 11:50am
Brad460 wrote:
I think every weekend we should have one of the resident VitalMX complainers be the guest announcer...imagine how terrible these know-it-all’s would be?
Seriously! RC and Ralph do not have easy jobs. This isn’t like another sport where the camera crew just follows a ball around. Yet, when someone crashes completely unexpectedly people on here have a meltdown because it wasn’t caught live.

I think the amount of complaining on here is more proportionate to the mental health of the poster than it is the announcing crew. If the people here let announcing from a dirt bike race affect their mood enough to post about it, I really can’t imagine how much self-inflicted emotional suffering these people go through on a daily basis staying hyperfocused on the things that don’t go their way in life.

We need to have a gratitude thread about each race to offset the amount of negativity here. We have live racing, ways to interact with our favorite riders via social media, an abundance of motocross content for free on the internet. There’s a lot to be grateful for as a fan of the sport.
aeffertz
4/7/2019 11:58am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 12:01pm
I wouldn’t be surprised if he does but I think he’s referencing Twittwr and Instagram. He’s catching a lot of heat there.
GODZILLA
4/7/2019 12:01pm
I'm always amazed when, sitting on my couch at the other end of the world, I clearly hear the roar of the crowd when something happens ontrack, see some guy going down ten places in the on screen rankings, and nobody notices, neither the TV producer nor Ricky and Ralph...
Real strange.
swizcore
4/7/2019 12:02pm
KHI Guy wrote:
Why do people get so upset about RC's commentary ability? I tune in to watch the race, not listen to the announcers. If they say something...
Why do people get so upset about RC's commentary ability? I tune in to watch the race, not listen to the announcers. If they say something useful or insightful during the night, then great. If not, then who cares? Jeez....Huh

Personally, I don't think he's that bad.
I generally agree. I don’t expect much from them so I consider it a gift if they do provide valuable insight. The bar hasn’t been high for years.
Tarz483
Fantasy
344th
4/7/2019 12:07pm
Crush wrote:
Are vital and thumper talk tho only 2 ?
I do consider vital social media personally, and i would guess that a lot of the riders do look on here from time to time.
NV825
Fantasy
2686th
4/7/2019 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2019 12:13pm
I understand it's a hard job, but RC is still painful to listen to because he constantly stumbles on his points when he has to explain something on the spot. RC and Blair should switch because it would give RC more time to formulate what he wants to explain and relieve the pressure to constantly be talking or ready to talk at all times. It will never happen because of egos, but Blair is very witty and could fill that role much better.
downard254
4/7/2019 12:12pm
Crush wrote:
I think we are un-social media.Tongue

Post a reply to: Oh yeah RC reads vital for sure

The Latest