Official Word on Stewart?

RedRum666
1/11/2016 9:50am
davistld01 wrote:
I didn't see James riding cautiously, or "hoping for a top 5"...I saw him very focused, but not taking any chances that might put him on...
I didn't see James riding cautiously, or "hoping for a top 5"...I saw him very focused, but not taking any chances that might put him on the dirt. There's no doubt in my mind that, if the incident with Dungey hadn't occurred that Stewart would have been pushing for the lead before the end of the next straight. But...stuff happens, and it did. I hope he comes back for SD, but ONLY if he's 100%. No shame in sitting a race out because of the after effects of getting your bell rung...and it's a whole lot safer for other riders on the track as well.
exactly!... i was stoked on how patient and smooth he seemed to be...Barcia was going backwards soon....JA was the guy I was concerned about...he was on it...but looked on edge .... I think James, Jason and Dungey would have started pulling out from the others once they got past Barcia
RedRum666
1/11/2016 9:53am
seth505 wrote:
Right in front of me I saw Stewart wheelie whoops (at frightening speed), clip a few tuff blocks then scrub a triple. My jaw was open...
Right in front of me I saw Stewart wheelie whoops (at frightening speed), clip a few tuff blocks then scrub a triple. My jaw was open going "ooooooOOOOO!"

I think you must have misted a few things like that!
Did you catch Reeds near disaster in the whoops during the Heat race.....He was hauling and He clipped some blocks and lucky for him avoided certain pain....those dudes are nuts..of course he was complaining they were too small...
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/11/2016 10:06am
seth505 wrote:
Right in front of me I saw Stewart wheelie whoops (at frightening speed), clip a few tuff blocks then scrub a triple. My jaw was open...
Right in front of me I saw Stewart wheelie whoops (at frightening speed), clip a few tuff blocks then scrub a triple. My jaw was open going "ooooooOOOOO!"

RedRum666 wrote:
Did you catch Reeds near disaster in the whoops during the Heat race.....He was hauling and He clipped some blocks and lucky for him avoided certain...
Did you catch Reeds near disaster in the whoops during the Heat race.....He was hauling and He clipped some blocks and lucky for him avoided certain pain....those dudes are nuts..of course he was complaining they were too small...
Ya, crazy! He was damn fast in the whoops, Reed looked pretty damn solid overall actually.
RangerLee
1/11/2016 10:51am
I am not seeing how people stated he gained a bunch of weight. In the broadcast (which they are using to say so) he was wearing chest armor under his shirt. That right there makes anyone look bigger.

Look at his face, chin and neck area. If he was "fat" or gained a bunch of weight, it would show there clear as day.

He is fine in that regard.

I will be very surprised if he is back from a concussion after just a week, he needs his brain to heal.

The Shop

JQ
1/11/2016 11:53am
After the race Mike Webb said Stewart would miss at least the next race. So that's his championship over....
Gringoe
1/11/2016 12:02pm
pecu_83 wrote:
Concussions tend to build up. To more concussions you´ve had the easier it is to get a new one and the effects grow stronger and last...
Concussions tend to build up. To more concussions you´ve had the easier it is to get a new one and the effects grow stronger and last longer each time. Sad

I think stewarts concussion toll is about maxed out. I do not want to see him end up like Michael Schumacher (F1 driver whos in coma because hit his head while skiing).

Broc Hepler knows about concussions, his past Where are they now? interview was a good one.

I am a Bubba fan (and fan of almost every rider out there) I would like to see him do good, but I dont want to see him injuring himself time and again and maybe getting brain damage. His crash really wasn`t that hard and it knocked him out cold, I dont think he can take much more hits to the head.
There was an interview he did a few years back, in his JGR days I believe that said he's only had 2 concussions up to that...
There was an interview he did a few years back, in his JGR days I believe that said he's only had 2 concussions up to that point. If we want to talk about maxed out concussions, TP takes the cake.
2 concussions before he turned pro maybe..

He got knocked out on tv 3 times before like 07
IceMan446
1/11/2016 12:11pm
seth505 wrote:

That was the opening lap right?

I saw that in a shot the telecast and god damn, I said this dude came to race this weekend.
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
1/11/2016 12:32pm
pecu_83 wrote:
Concussions tend to build up. To more concussions you´ve had the easier it is to get a new one and the effects grow stronger and last...
Concussions tend to build up. To more concussions you´ve had the easier it is to get a new one and the effects grow stronger and last longer each time. Sad

I think stewarts concussion toll is about maxed out. I do not want to see him end up like Michael Schumacher (F1 driver whos in coma because hit his head while skiing).

Broc Hepler knows about concussions, his past Where are they now? interview was a good one.

I am a Bubba fan (and fan of almost every rider out there) I would like to see him do good, but I dont want to see him injuring himself time and again and maybe getting brain damage. His crash really wasn`t that hard and it knocked him out cold, I dont think he can take much more hits to the head.
There was an interview he did a few years back, in his JGR days I believe that said he's only had 2 concussions up to that...
There was an interview he did a few years back, in his JGR days I believe that said he's only had 2 concussions up to that point. If we want to talk about maxed out concussions, TP takes the cake.
Gringoe wrote:
2 concussions before he turned pro maybe..

He got knocked out on tv 3 times before like 07
Or maybe he was just saying 2 concussions that he can remember.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/11/2016 1:36pm
IceMan446 wrote:
That was the opening lap right?

I saw that in a shot the telecast and god damn, I said this dude came to race this weekend.
yup!
JBods
1/11/2016 2:29pm
RangerLee wrote:
I am not seeing how people stated he gained a bunch of weight. In the broadcast (which they are using to say so) he was wearing...
I am not seeing how people stated he gained a bunch of weight. In the broadcast (which they are using to say so) he was wearing chest armor under his shirt. That right there makes anyone look bigger.

Look at his face, chin and neck area. If he was "fat" or gained a bunch of weight, it would show there clear as day.

He is fine in that regard.

I will be very surprised if he is back from a concussion after just a week, he needs his brain to heal.
I don't think he's fat, I just think he's not where we wants to be. We know he had issues with his pre-season training, in 2014 he looked like he was as light as a feather. Check the picture at the top of this article http://www.cyclenews.com/2014/01/article/supercross-james-stewart-prime…

Post a reply to: Official Word on Stewart?

The Latest