Official Motocross des/of Nations entries

DeStouwer
Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 6:20am
No Denmark, Slovenia, Russia, Slovakia, Norway, Latvia, Croatia, Finland, Poland or Hungary anymore. Good that Japan and Austria are back. Start your predictions for the A-Final!

Team France
1 Gautier Paulin (Husqvarna)
2 Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha)
3 Jordi Tixier (KTM)

Team The Netherlands
4 Jeffrey Herlings (KTM)
5 Calvin Vlaanderen (Honda)
6 Glenn Coldenhoff (KTM)

Team Great Britain
7 Tommy Searle (Kawasaki)
8 Ben Watson (Yamaha)
9 Max Anstie (Husqvarna)

Team Belgium
10 Clément Desalle (Kawasaki)
11 Jago Geerts (Yamaha)
12 Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha)

Team Switzerland
13 Valentin Guillod (KTM)
14 Killian Auberson (KTM)
15 Jeremy Seewer (Yamaha)

Team Australia
16 Kirk Gibbs (KTM)
17 Hunter Lawrence (Honda)
18 Mitchell Evans (KTM)

Team Italy
19 Antonio Cairoli (KTM)
20 Michele Cervellin (Yamaha)
21 Alessandro Lupino (Kawasaki)

Team Estonia
22 Tanel Leok (Husqvarna)
23 Hardi Roosiorg (KTM)
24 Harri Kullas (Husqvarna)

Team USA
25 Eli Tomac (Kawasaki)
26 Aaron Plessinger (Yamaha)
27 Justin Barcia (Yamaha)

Team Sweden
28 Filip Bengtsson (Yamaha)
29 Alvin Östlund (Yamaha)
30 Anton Gole (Yamaha)

Team Canada
37 Colton Facciotti (Honda)
38 Jess Pettis (Yamaha)

Team Republic of Ireland
43 Graeme Irwin (KTM)
44 Martin Barr (Husqvarna)
45 Richard Bird (KTM)

Team Portugal
46 Rui Gonçalves (Yamaha)
47 Diogo Graça (Suzuki)
48 Paulo Alberto (Yamaha)

Team Puerto Rico
49 Kevin Windham (Honda)
50 Ryan Sipes (Husqvarna)
51 Travis Pastrana (Suzuki)

Team Spain
52 José Butrón (KTM)
53 Jorge Prado (KTM)
54 Carlos Campano (Yamaha)

Team Germany
58 Ken Roczen (Honda)
59 Henry Jacobi (Husqvarna)
60 Maximilian Nagl (TM)

Team New Zealand
61 Cody Cooper (Honda)
62 Hamish Harwood (KTM)
63 Rhys Carter (Yamaha)

Team Czech Republic
64 Václav Kovář (KTM)
65 Martin Krč (KTM)
66 Martin Michek (KTM)

Team Brazil
67 Gustavo Pessoa (Kawasaki)
68 Enzo Lopes (Suzuki)
69 Fabio Santos (Yamaha)

Team Republic of South Africa
76 Michael Docherty (Husqvarna)
77 Bradley Lionnet (Yamaha)
78 Caleb Tennant (Husqvarna)

Team Ukraine
82 Dmytro Asmanov (KTM)
83 Dmytro Chernov (Husqvarna)
84 Volodymyr Tarasov (KTM)

Team Iceland
85 Einar Sigurðsson (Husqvarna)
86 Andri Snær Guðmundsson (Husqvarna)
87 Ingvi Björn Birgisson (Husqvarna)

Team Argentina
88 Joaquín Poli (Honda)
89 Julian Seibel (Honda)
90 Juan Pablo Luzzardi (KTM)

Team Philippines
115 Kenneth San Andres (Kawasaki)
116 Mark Reggie Flores (Kawasaki)
117 Carlo Rodríguez (Kawasaki)

Team Japan
118 Taiki Koga (Honda)
119 Haruki Yakoyama (Kawasaki)
120 Toshiki Tomita (Honda)

Team Mexico
121 Julio César Zambrano (KTM)
122 Arturo Humberto Fierro (KTM)
123 Félix Lopez Guttiérez (KTM)

Team Austria
124 Roland Edelbacher (KTM)
125 Marcel Stauffer (KTM)
126 Pascal Rauchenecker (Husqvarna)

Team Venezuela
127 Carlos Badiali (Yamaha)
128 Anthony Rodríguez (Yamaha)
129 Lorenzo Locurcio (Yamaha)

Team Guam
130 Brandon Scharer (Yamaha)
131 Cody Williams (Yamaha)
132 Sean Lipanovich (KTM)

Team Chili
133 Nicolás Aravena (Honda)
134 Javier Vásquez (Kawasaki)
135 Manuel Pavéz (Honda)

Team Guatemala
136 José Fernández (KTM)
137 Pablo Barrientos (KTM)
138 Jorge González (Honda)
|
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
9/10/2018 8:08am
Strongest teams are definitely USA, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Those I think are the top four. No idea in what order, but if I had to put my money on it I would go for the US of A.

A bit baised, but I hope the Dutchies wil get it, would be about time.
Spydee
9/10/2018 8:34am
A lot of pressure on the USA this time round. They'll probably nudge it. Obviously rooting for Team GBR, wouldn't be surprised if they reach the top 5.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/10/2018 8:53am
Team Guam vs Team Puerto Rico in B-Final fighting for the first spot
ATKpilot99
9/10/2018 9:09am
It's surreal looking at the Team Puerto Rico entry.

The Shop

9/10/2018 9:32am
Tanel Leok...............again!!
He's gotta receive some sort of special honor, I saw him on the entry list 2001 Namur and not sure if that was even his first time?!!!
Crazy thing is he could probably break into the top 10? With a bit of luck.
Rudicross
9/10/2018 9:52am
Strongest teams are definitely USA, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Those I think are the top four. No idea in what order, but if I had...
Strongest teams are definitely USA, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Those I think are the top four. No idea in what order, but if I had to put my money on it I would go for the US of A.

Germany stronger than Belgium?
Come on, Dutchie, you know better Cool
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/10/2018 10:19am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2018 2:49pm
Tanel Leok...............again!! He's gotta receive some sort of special honor, I saw him on the entry list 2001 Namur and not sure if that was even...
He's gotta receive some sort of special honor, I saw him on the entry list 2001 Namur and not sure if that was even his first time?!!!
Tanel was 15 when he first raced MXdN. I believe this is his 18th time in a row representing Estonia so 2000 was probably his first event. He's 33 now.

Hopefully Estonia has a few promising amateurs that will one day be able to represent their country. They can't keep sending Leok unless he's The Terminator.
jeffro503
9/10/2018 10:25am
I still don't get Team The Netherlands team , with Calvin Vlaanderen . South African , racing for the Netherlands. I get the whole dual citizenship thing , but it kinda open's a whole new can of worm's. I dig the hell out of Calvin , and am glad he's racing.....but why not for South Africa?
9/10/2018 10:43am
Tanel Leok...............again!! He's gotta receive some sort of special honor, I saw him on the entry list 2001 Namur and not sure if that was even...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Tanel was 15 when he first raced MXdN. I believe this is his 18th time in a row representing Estonia so 2000 was probably his first...
Tanel was 15 when he first raced MXdN. I believe this is his 18th time in a row representing Estonia so 2000 was probably his first event. He's 33 now.

Hopefully Estonia has a few promising amateurs that will one day be able to represent their country. They can't keep sending Leok unless he's The Terminator.
"The Terminator" I like that name for Leok, bearing in mind how many people were getting upset about being beaten by Estonia and most probably Tanel in a previous post LaughingWhistling
9/10/2018 11:24am
jeffro503 wrote:
I still don't get Team The Netherlands team , with Calvin Vlaanderen . South African , racing for the Netherlands. I get the whole dual citizenship...
I still don't get Team The Netherlands team , with Calvin Vlaanderen . South African , racing for the Netherlands. I get the whole dual citizenship thing , but it kinda open's a whole new can of worm's. I dig the hell out of Calvin , and am glad he's racing.....but why not for South Africa?
Apparently he fell out with the South African federation - see here https://exhaust.racerxonline.com/2018/08/14/why-the-dutch-can-win-the-m…
ayearinmx
9/10/2018 12:30pm
Here is a badass t-shirt I saw at the Latvian GP.... respect Tanel, respect

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/10/2018 12:34pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Here is a badass t-shirt I saw at the Latvian GP.... respect Tanel, respect [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/10/286421/s1200_IMG_3856.jpg[/img]
Here is a badass t-shirt I saw at the Latvian GP.... respect Tanel, respect

Amazing. Especially in a row.
Max Nagl also has done a lot. Definitely most of them until today, starting in 2005 or 2004
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/10/2018 12:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I still don't get Team The Netherlands team , with Calvin Vlaanderen . South African , racing for the Netherlands. I get the whole dual citizenship...
Dean Wilson rode for Canada and GB as well, if you have the passport for that country you can race,

did Calvin ever race for South Africa?
pkiczuk
9/10/2018 12:45pm
so reed didn't quite make the guam team either eh? I didn't have real expectations of it, but did think it would be cool to see him there
Moto96
9/10/2018 4:47pm
pkiczuk wrote:
so reed didn't quite make the guam team either eh? I didn't have real expectations of it, but did think it would be cool to see...
so reed didn't quite make the guam team either eh? I didn't have real expectations of it, but did think it would be cool to see him there
Deanos deal was a Crock. Maybe he never raced in Scotland? I dunno, but all this mix and match shit removes the whole damn point of Nation against nation and passports and dual citizenship be damned.

Reeds not an American by birth. Puerto Rico and Guam have nobody from either place. What if other countries like Canada or France started hiring non born and bred people? The race is becoming the Motocross of Musical Chairs.

France could get Musquin on one of its island territories teams and get a few others to race for France like we do for P.R. and Guam, and really confuse this whole mess.

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/10/2018 5:12pm
Moto96 wrote:
Deanos deal was a Crock. Maybe he never raced in Scotland? I dunno, but all this mix and match shit removes the whole damn point of...
Deanos deal was a Crock. Maybe he never raced in Scotland? I dunno, but all this mix and match shit removes the whole damn point of Nation against nation and passports and dual citizenship be damned.

Reeds not an American by birth. Puerto Rico and Guam have nobody from either place. What if other countries like Canada or France started hiring non born and bred people? The race is becoming the Motocross of Musical Chairs.

France could get Musquin on one of its island territories teams and get a few others to race for France like we do for P.R. and Guam, and really confuse this whole mess.

So you think only natural born citizens are a true representation of a Country? I agree the system seems to be flawed but I don’t agree that only natural born citizens should qualify.
Moto96
9/10/2018 6:18pm
Moto96 wrote:
Deanos deal was a Crock. Maybe he never raced in Scotland? I dunno, but all this mix and match shit removes the whole damn point of...

731chopper wrote:
So you think only natural born citizens are a true representation of a Country? I agree the system seems to be flawed but I don’t agree...
So you think only natural born citizens are a true representation of a Country? I agree the system seems to be flawed but I don’t agree that only natural born citizens should qualify.
It's nation against nation. It would be different if the guy moved to say the US as a toddler and never raced anywhere else, but when you grow up somewhere, race your whole life there, and then move to Europe(Reed), and race as an adult, and then move again, you've defeated the purpose of the race if you aren't racing for your home country.

You've just turned it into another race with dudes from wherever.

NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
9/10/2018 10:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
He planned to go racing for South Africa, but there were differences about him riding for the RSA flag in the GPs so he said F you guys and now races under the Dutch flag. He does hold a Dutch passport so he is eligible.
9/11/2018 12:06am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2018 2:49am
Strongest teams are definitely USA, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Those I think are the top four. No idea in what order, but if I had...

Germany could be strong IF Nagl is able to ride and is fit. I thought he had another surgery last week, so I'm not sure if he can even participate. And if he does, he didn't show much potential with the TM and without race rhytm I don't think he'll be able to even make top 15.
And for Jacobi, did he even had 1 weekend this year with 2 solid results? He always seems to crash or whatever....

To me USA and Netherlands are the two strongest teams. For 3rd place it will go between France and England I think. But hey it the Nations, strange results garanteed.

Edit: I forgot Belgium. They can fight for a podiumspot too
DeStouwer
9/11/2018 2:07am
Well, USA, France, Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Germany, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, Canada, Estonia, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Austria, Venezuela, Brazil, New Zealand and Czech Republic are certainties for the A-final according to me.

B-Final will go between Guam, Japan and Argentina I think.

Little prediction:
1. USA
2. Netherlands
3. Belgium
4. France
5. UK
RG1
9/11/2018 2:38am
1. USA
2. France
3. Netherlands
4. Belgium
5. GB

There are only really 3 contenders for the win for me and USA are the strongest of the 3 along with the Netherlands and France.

After that, it's going to be really close. Belgium, GB, Italy, Germany are all very close on paper and their won't be much difference between finishing 4th or 8th. One of those teams could even sneak onto the box
SD15
9/11/2018 4:28am
A huge bummer for Austria.
Sandner & Neurauter out with injurys.

Could've been a good year for us.
RG1
9/11/2018 4:31am
SD15 wrote:

Are you guys still sending a team?
DeStouwer
9/11/2018 5:17am
SD15 wrote:

RG1 wrote:
Are you guys still sending a team?
Bummer. They could still send Roland Edelbacher and Michael Kratzer if they want to. A young team that can get some experience.
SD15
9/11/2018 6:00am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2018 7:48am
I think so but I'm not 100% sure.

I think they will replace Sandner with Edelbacher and Neurauter with Johannes Klein
Rudicross
9/11/2018 7:43am
Hofer, Edelbacher, Sandner etc. Austria has a bright future ahead of them in the MXd(o)N)!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/11/2018 8:14am
SD15 wrote:

What happened? Did they get injured at Gaildorf last weekend?
That's a bummer. But Rauchenecker, Edelbacher and one more could be a decent team as well. Definitely A final

Post a reply to: Official Motocross des/of Nations entries

The Latest