Official MXoN entries

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/16/2019 5:39am
On the scale from 1 to fricken fricked how is the Swiss team feeling right now with Tonus possibly out? :( Guillod to 450 and Auberson...
On the scale from 1 to fricken fricked how is the Swiss team feeling right now with Tonus possibly out? Sad

Guillod to 450 and Auberson on 250? What are other possible solutions?

P.S. Now only team USA is scratchless team unaffected by injury or federation shinenigans.
crusty_xx wrote:
awfully closely to fricken fricked But he stood up and rode back to the paddock himself, so hopefully it's not that bad. Afaik it's not even...
awfully closely to fricken fricked
But he stood up and rode back to the paddock himself, so hopefully it's not that bad. Afaik it's not even sure yet whether or not he will line up tomorrow.
damn... Now it's official. It seems really bad with podium chances for swiss team.
It is? Broken hand, but I haven't heard that he is out. Although 2 weeks might be too much to ask to recover a broken hand.
We don't have any rider to replace him. Can put GVal on a 450 and add a 250 rider. But podium will be difficult (not that it would have been easy with Arnaud on the team).

Strijbos also crashed out of the GP this weekend. Seems like he's still going to be lining up for Belgium.

The race for P3 could be WIDE open this year. Even Spain could have a shot if Prado does very well in both motos
DeStouwer
9/17/2019 3:34am
crusty_xx wrote:
It is? Broken hand, but I haven't heard that he is out. Although 2 weeks might be too much to ask to recover a broken hand...
It is? Broken hand, but I haven't heard that he is out. Although 2 weeks might be too much to ask to recover a broken hand.
We don't have any rider to replace him. Can put GVal on a 450 and add a 250 rider. But podium will be difficult (not that it would have been easy with Arnaud on the team).

Strijbos also crashed out of the GP this weekend. Seems like he's still going to be lining up for Belgium.

The race for P3 could be WIDE open this year. Even Spain could have a shot if Prado does very well in both motos
Another option for Switzerland is to put Guillod on the Open bike and Mike Gwerder on the MX2. But I don't know how much experience Gwerder has on a fourstroke.

The Shop

philG
9/17/2019 4:18am
Motofinne wrote:
https://mxvice.com/117541/new-riders-team-great-britain

Nathan Watson MX1, Sterry MX2 and Simpson Open. UK with a fulltime enduro rider, just like France with Charlier at Matterly Basin.
Nathan is a decent sand rider too, podium if the stars align.
Last MXGP season he rode he was almost fastest in timed training, in Finland, ended up second behind Philip Bengtson.. Good choice under the circumstances.
Ray_MXS
9/17/2019 9:41am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2019 12:40pm
philG wrote:
Last MXGP season he rode he was almost fastest in timed training, in Finland, ended up second behind Philip Bengtson.. Good choice under the circumstances.
Agree Nathan is a very good pick.

On Filip Bengtsson, he hasn't raced MXGP for a few years but he's been killing it in the Swedish championship, winning the title (even had a broken collarbone mid-season) very convincingly over likes of Gole, Strijbos and Brylyakov. On sand he is just unbeatable in Sweden.

He's also riding a Husky 350 and has been pulling tons of starts over the JWR Yamaha 450s.

I have a feeling he can turn some heads at Assen, just like he did a few years ago on the KTM 350 in MXGP.
Nuffsaid
9/17/2019 10:34am
Respect for anyone competitive in the WESS series like Nathan
9/17/2019 9:53pm
Motofinne wrote:

Nathan Watson MX1, Sterry MX2 and Simpson Open. UK with a fulltime enduro rider, just like France with Charlier at Matterly Basin.
Nathan Watson should have been on the team anyway in my view, he's one of the best sand riders out there but I don't know why he's riding MXGP and Simpson Open as it should be the other way round.

With his proven stamina winning long beach races Watson would surely be the better pick for the back-to-back Open class races.
Bosco
9/18/2019 3:35am
Motofinne wrote:

I hope Nathan does well so that my claim to fame of catching him, passing him and putting 4 seconds into him in a race about 9 years ago holds more weight... Laughing
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/18/2019 7:45am
Well Switzerland is pretty much out of contention.
Neither Tonus nor Guillod are sure to race at the moment. Tonus broke his hand and Guillod injured his collarbone at the German ADAC last weekend.
If both do race, they will not be 100%. Keep in mind Guillod will have to race the 250 (support by 114 Honda), but without preparation time it will be hard to be competitive.

And Seewer cut his face twice at the China GP. Great weekend for the Swiss PinchDizzy
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/18/2019 7:52am
crusty_xx wrote:
Well Switzerland is pretty much out of contention. Neither Tonus nor Guillod are sure to race at the moment. Tonus broke his hand and Guillod injured...
Neither Tonus nor Guillod are sure to race at the moment. Tonus broke his hand and Guillod injured his collarbone at the German ADAC last weekend.
If both do race, they will not be 100%. Keep in mind Guillod will have to race the 250 (support by 114 Honda), but without preparation time it will be hard to be competitive.

And Seewer cut his face twice at the China GP. Great weekend for the Swiss PinchDizzy
A real bummer... They were in the best position to compete for a podium that I can ever remember.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
9/18/2019 8:16am
crusty_xx wrote:
Well Switzerland is pretty much out of contention. Neither Tonus nor Guillod are sure to race at the moment. Tonus broke his hand and Guillod injured...

Very disappointing, indeed!
After Team Germany fell apart, I thought at least the swiss team will do good this year and was looking forward to see them on the podium. But well, these hopes went south after last weekend.

Still not sure if I can make it in person to the race this year. And the fact that nearly all "good MX nations" have to send their B or even C team does not really pull me more into driving the 8 hours to Assen.
RG1
9/18/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2019 8:21am
crusty_xx wrote:

mxmasta wrote:
Very disappointing, indeed! After Team Germany fell apart, I thought at least the swiss team will do good this year and was looking forward to see...
Very disappointing, indeed!
After Team Germany fell apart, I thought at least the swiss team will do good this year and was looking forward to see them on the podium. But well, these hopes went south after last weekend.

Still not sure if I can make it in person to the race this year. And the fact that nearly all "good MX nations" have to send their B or even C team does not really pull me more into driving the 8 hours to Assen.
I’m not convinced that it’s going to be one of the classic Nations by any means, with the track and the number of riders out. But I always think it’s better to go and be disappointed than watch on TV and be gutted that you didn’t go. You never know what can happen at the Nations. If you can make it happen, you should do it
agn5009
9/18/2019 8:30am
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will be perfectly fine at MXdN. Will he take top 5? Probably not. But I would guess top 10s in his motos is attainable.
Nuffsaid
9/18/2019 8:57am
MXdN of “B” teams. Every top team except Netherland is gutted with injuries.
9/18/2019 9:10am
Nuffsaid wrote:
I wouldn't say Team USA were gutted with injuries but it's true of the others.
DeStouwer
9/18/2019 10:12am
Cyril Scheiwiller has been selected by the Swiss federation to replace Tonus. Personally I've never heard of him before.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
9/18/2019 11:00am
Nuffsaid wrote:
I wouldn't say Team USA were gutted with injuries but it's true of the others.
My country is sending out the best we got for battling sand...

The fact that sand in general is our kryptonite is something else to consider. Whistling Gotta pray either for complete mudder or sunday morning shocker B-final.
DeStouwer
9/20/2019 10:18am
After the injury of Arnaud Tonus, Kevin Strijbos will race his Wilvo Yamaha next weekend, instead of the JWR Yamaha.
Ray_MXS
9/20/2019 10:23am
DeStouwer wrote:
After the injury of Arnaud Tonus, Kevin Strijbos will race his Wilvo Yamaha next weekend, instead of the JWR Yamaha.
Ouch. Doesn't look good for JWR. I know Kevin has had trouble getting comfy on the bike but the JWR boys are really trying and is making big efforts to be a proper MXGP team. They are already there for Gole and Brylyakov
RG1
9/20/2019 10:57am
DeStouwer wrote:
Oh, that’s very good for Belgium. I kind of didn’t rate their chances too highly because Strijbos just hasn’t looked good on that bike at all. But with a Wilvo bike, they could be really strong
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/21/2019 9:26pm
Team Norway

Cornelius Tøndel is being replaced by Henrik Wahl.
Motofinne
9/22/2019 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2019 11:05pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
Ouch. Doesn't look good for JWR. I know Kevin has had trouble getting comfy on the bike but the JWR boys are really trying and is...
Ouch. Doesn't look good for JWR. I know Kevin has had trouble getting comfy on the bike but the JWR boys are really trying and is making big efforts to be a proper MXGP team. They are already there for Gole and Brylyakov
It's tough for a new team like JWR to sign a guy like Strijbos and make him happy. Lets remember that Strijbos has been on top level factory equipment all his life. The odds are against you.

But i hope they have learned a lot and come back stronger in 2020!

Belgium is the dark horse. I think that they will land on the podium if the riders perform as they should and who knows what could happen if Netherlands and USA has more than one bad moto.
Ray_MXS
9/23/2019 1:15am
Motofinne wrote:
It's tough for a new team like JWR to sign a guy like Strijbos and make him happy. Lets remember that Strijbos has been on top...
It's tough for a new team like JWR to sign a guy like Strijbos and make him happy. Lets remember that Strijbos has been on top level factory equipment all his life. The odds are against you.

But i hope they have learned a lot and come back stronger in 2020!

Belgium is the dark horse. I think that they will land on the podium if the riders perform as they should and who knows what could happen if Netherlands and USA has more than one bad moto.
Yeah we´re really hoping JWR figures it out for many reasons.

They are fielding a good bunch of bikes this year and the more rides the merrier.

Its also a Swedish team, which is unusual to have in the GPs, and that can be a great springboard for potential young Swedish talent which to be fair, has not been very prominent the last 10-15 years.
9/23/2019 1:15am
On instagram Kevin is argueing with one of the JWR sponsors, really pathetic. This guy claims Strijbos was changing things about the bike which made it...
On instagram Kevin is argueing with one of the JWR sponsors, really pathetic. This guy claims Strijbos was changing things about the bike which made it break down. Strijbos replies he should tell the truth and so on...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qlJdsIXzM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
There’s no denying, Kevin is a decent sand rider from that video.
9/23/2019 3:05am
''Drafted in as a late inclusion, 17-year-old Regan Duffy is set to represent Team Australia at the 2019 Motocross of Nations at Assen in the Netherlands! I've been such a big fan of this kid since he was on 65s, and I can't wait to see him race alongside Kyle Webster and Dean Ferris.''

H9
9/23/2019 3:12am
agn5009 wrote:
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will...
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will be perfectly fine at MXdN. Will he take top 5? Probably not. But I would guess top 10s in his motos is attainable.
Hardest sand race to win is Le Touquet, most prestigious as well😘👍
9/23/2019 3:16am
agn5009 wrote:
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will...
H9 wrote:
Hardest sand race to win is Le Touquet, most prestigious as well😘👍
He won at the WESS race at Hawkstone at the weekend.

Post a reply to: Official MXoN entries

The Latest