Official MXoN entries

RG1
9/23/2019 3:22am
agn5009 wrote:
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will...
Watson beat Coldenhoff, Martens, Dewulf etc en route to winning the Red Bull Knockout which is probably the hardest sand race in the world. He will be perfectly fine at MXdN. Will he take top 5? Probably not. But I would guess top 10s in his motos is attainable.
H9 wrote:
Hardest sand race to win is Le Touquet, most prestigious as well😘👍
Well he won Le Touquet as well so he has that covered Grinning
9/23/2019 5:50am
I am a Nathan Watson-fan, but you can't compare Le Touqet (and those other beachraces) to the Nations in Assen. Le Touqet is an 3 hour during enduro race, in Assen you need to go full throttle for about 35 minutes against guys like Herlings, Prado and Anderson. That's really something else.
I hope Nathan does well, but I am affraid he will not have enough speed.
RG1
9/23/2019 6:00am
I am a Nathan Watson-fan, but you can't compare Le Touqet (and those other beachraces) to the Nations in Assen. Le Touqet is an 3 hour...
I am a Nathan Watson-fan, but you can't compare Le Touqet (and those other beachraces) to the Nations in Assen. Le Touqet is an 3 hour during enduro race, in Assen you need to go full throttle for about 35 minutes against guys like Herlings, Prado and Anderson. That's really something else.
You’re right, 100%. It will be a massive change to what he has been used to the last few years of his career. But he’s in great shape and will have a very good bike. I think his speed laptime wise will be pretty good, but his biggest challenge will be early race intensity
agn5009
9/23/2019 6:02am
I am a Nathan Watson-fan, but you can't compare Le Touqet (and those other beachraces) to the Nations in Assen. Le Touqet is an 3 hour...
With the 450 class essentially being split in half (MX1 and open) I honestly believe Watson can take a top 10 in his class. There are a lot of top individual riders not racing from both sides of the pond. Watson is still a really good motocross rider and a phenomenal sand rider. He will be just fine. He certainly won’t be one of those guys getting lapped 4 times and getting in the way. He deserves to be out there.

The Shop

9/23/2019 6:11am
I hope he does well too, he's a nice guy and the Brits have had enough bad luck the last years at the Nations
9/23/2019 7:08am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2019 7:09am
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be on the same pace as Herlings, Prado and those guys but if he can get a couple of solid top 15 finishes he'll be worth the pick. It's not like he's never ridden MX before. He got 11th overall at his last MXGP at Assen.
9/23/2019 7:19am
Considering Watson being superfit and used to long races, why don't they let him ride the open class and Simpson MXGP? Doesn't make sense to me
9/23/2019 7:31am
Considering Watson being superfit and used to long races, why don't they let him ride the open class and Simpson MXGP? Doesn't make sense to me
I know! I don't get it either.
DeStouwer
9/26/2019 12:36am
Gota Otsuka will race for Japan in the MX2-class instead of Chihiro Notsuka.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/27/2019 8:11am
Team Luxembourg

Looks like Tijay Heinen is out for the weekend.

Post a reply to: Official MXoN entries

The Latest