Official Lake Elsinore Grand Prix thread

11/10/2019 7:36am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2019 12:47pm
The other thread seemed to disappear...but how is everybody's Elsinore weekend going? I didn't like the track as much this year. I wish more of it was in the sandy bottom by the lake. It was so dusty up in the hills. I actually saw one guy ride off the side of the mountain. It looked bad.

I was the only guy in my mini bike class and got third on my 250f. I'll be on my three wheeler today.
|
xrmark
11/10/2019 7:45am
Had to work yesterday so didn’t get to make it down for the racing. Could see the dust from miles away! I heard there was one water truck and they watered once all day. Sounds about right for the promoters who are putting it on. At least the water jump looked better this year! Hitting pala today and hopefully make it back in time to watch the mushman. I have a buddy racing a 250x today in the 3wheeler class!
Alex.434
11/11/2019 11:30am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2019 11:40am
Good god the dust was insanity this year and many laps you literally couldn't see the ground for most of the lap. That's not fun and was super sketchy. Track was shorter for sure with the removal of the sand section. The water jump was identical to last year, and just like last year, I overjumped it to flat the first lap and thought I was dead. I'd come up to it in 3rd gear, basically idling, and just give it a tiny blip. Ridiculous how slow you had to go off it.

Once again I double flatted. This year had HD tubes with 16psi. Rear flat 1.5 laps in, had to ride from the water jump to the pit area with a rear flat. That was unfun. 5 laps later front flat. This time I rode 1.5 laps WITH the front flat. Just crossed start finish and decided to pull over and see if it was actually flat, it was, I was so damn mad I rode a full lap on the front flat, including hitting the jump.

Both times did full wheel swaps with a mousse-equipped 450L that the team had in the pits. I will not do this race ever again without mousse... my wife saw 7 bikes pull out of the Mushman with flats where she was watching and the SLR team saw 6 more over where they were.

I did the Mushman 100 on a 2020 450RX pitted with the SLR Honda team. Article will be up on DirtRider.com at some point.

PS: Made a point to wheelie down Main Street every single lap. May not be the fastest, but I'm here for the fans. Even got a free Coors Light out of it after the checker from a stoked fan. Niiiice.

PSS: Watched some of the trikes on Sunday, you guys are bloody nuts.

Photos: Jean Turner
casper
11/11/2019 11:57am
The dust was too much! Some spots you couldn't see the front of your bike from the silt sand pockets. My lungs are still hurting today from breathing all of it in. When I left around 4:00, the dust cloud from the race was so bad, people were slowing down on the 15 freeway because it looked like fog.

Besides that, at least this year we were able to get our results in a timely manner.

Does anyone know if and of the photo venders have pics from the race online to order?

11/12/2019 7:27am
casper wrote:
The dust was too much! Some spots you couldn't see the front of your bike from the silt sand pockets. My lungs are still hurting today...
The dust was too much! Some spots you couldn't see the front of your bike from the silt sand pockets. My lungs are still hurting today from breathing all of it in. When I left around 4:00, the dust cloud from the race was so bad, people were slowing down on the 15 freeway because it looked like fog.

Besides that, at least this year we were able to get our results in a timely manner.

Does anyone know if and of the photo venders have pics from the race online to order?

The company is called Mad Moose Media, they have website. Try contacting them there. I don't think they actually list their photos online because it is so easy to just steal them, but try sending them an email.

The Shop

11/12/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2019 7:40am
Heading to work yesterday was though, I was limping around all day. My buddy was probably in worse shape. He rode his atc 175 in the three wheeler class, it had no suspension besides just the rubber from the tires. He might have had some liquid courage to help him with that. I'll post a video of him almost dying below.

The dust was unreal. It was slightly better on Sunday. I felt bad for the guy that was right behind me for a lot of the three wheeler race. I was usually alright after the first lap because we would be spread out enough by then. Here are some Mad Moose pictures, I really hope they do something about that dust and include more of the lower sandy sections next year. It was pretty disappointing to see the track like that. This is our third year in a row, I would hate to pull the plug on a really fun weekend, but it was so scary at points, and I heard that the guy who rode off the side of the mountain right next to me ended up in really bad shape with a laceration to his spleen and a few broken ribs.

Jason_Ashton
Fantasy
3935th
11/12/2019 8:18am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/12/384539/s1200_JAK_0938.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/12/384540/s1200_JAK_0956.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/12/384541/s1200_GAR_8781_dust.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/12/384542/s1200_d_93.jpg[/img] Mad Moose Media gets a lot of my money. I love the pictures.

Mad Moose Media gets a lot of my money. I love the pictures.
And that is why we take so many pictures of you.

Glad you enjoy them.
FiendzCC
11/12/2019 11:44am
I raced Sunday. Was leading my class feeling really good, came off the ridge line heading back to the street and noticed I had a front flat. 5-10 seconds later I crashed my f*cking brains out in the biggest/longest front end wash out I've ever experienced. I tried so hard to save it, seemed like it was in slo-mo. My shoulder came out of socket and I mangled my other wrist. Ended up DNF'ing like a dweeb.

I'm just thankful it happened right before the street, I'll take a 4th gear wide open in the dirt crash over 5th gear on the asphalt. They actually stopped us on the course on the 2nd lap because of a huge crash on the ridge (looked like 5 or 6 riders), that dust mixed with the rock beds were claiming guys like crazy.
Stuntman949
11/13/2019 8:12am
Dust or not, I'm really sad I missed this race. Although I heard registration was a cluster, I will give props where props are due. After I got hurt, I was able to give my races to my buddy. They simply transferred his info over and away he went. No money grab there!

Stoked to see you guys had a seemingly good time and I hope this race is around for generations to come.
11/13/2019 4:51pm
Dust or not, I'm really sad I missed this race. Although I heard registration was a cluster, I will give props where props are due. After...
Dust or not, I'm really sad I missed this race. Although I heard registration was a cluster, I will give props where props are due. After I got hurt, I was able to give my races to my buddy. They simply transferred his info over and away he went. No money grab there!

Stoked to see you guys had a seemingly good time and I hope this race is around for generations to come.
Registration wasn't bad for me. I just tried to be smart about it. I wasn't going to stand in line for an hour when they were backed up. They delayed practice an hour, but they got the races off in pretty good time.

They were actually smart about the scoring for the Buddy race this year too. We ended up having to quit early though because of a flat tire.

Post a reply to: Official Lake Elsinore Grand Prix thread

The Latest