Official JH84 Callout Thread

Jasper125
10/15/2018 7:59am
Perhaps a European can chime in on this one but I have a legitimate question. I know, from living in the states, that the most hailed...
Perhaps a European can chime in on this one but I have a legitimate question. I know, from living in the states, that the most hailed name regarding dirt bike racing is Ricky Carmichael. What about across the pond? Is Stefan Everts more talked about than RC in regards to legacy? Reason I ask, is if the legacy of Stefan Everts is more coveted by the Europeans than what RC has done then I see zero reason why Herlings would want to move over here to race. I would understand, 100%, his motivation to want to surpass what Everts has done..........BUT, if more Europeans know who RC is and view him as a more dominate and accomplished racer than Everts then I would think trying to go after that GOAT status would be more of a priority vs racking up MXGP titles and to do so, he would have to come here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see him abandon the all time MXGP quest to come here and try to clean house. Tomac has been pretty verbal in a few interviews since MXON basically calling them out for only riding one discipline. Agree with it or disagree but Herlings seems like a pretty fierce and emotionally charged competitor and I don't see those remarks sitting too well with him.

Eli also made the comment that his showing at Red Bud added 2 or 3 more years onto his career. Does that mean he wants to do a couple seasons of the GP's? Either way, I have the utmost respect for every single one of these guys and am enjoying the competitiveness of it all. It's a good time to be a moto fan.
Herlings does not give 2 shits about what Tomac says. And this topic makes no sense everyone knows Herlings means FMOTP in Motocross
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
10/15/2018 8:07am
Herlings is the best MX racer right now, period.

He doesn’t need to ride under the circus tent to be considered the best MXer.
Moto96
10/15/2018 8:08am
FMOnTP is Raikkonen and Jeff Ward
FMOffTP is Bob Hannah. Who is a roughly a couple hundred MPH faster than the 2 dudes above.

cameron96
10/15/2018 8:11am
Math

Supercross popularity > mx popularity worldwide
Therefore
Supercross fmotp > mx fmotp

untill MX surpasses SX in viewership, attendance then SX remains the top level worldwide

I feel the gap from SX to MX in popularity has been shrinking over the last few years tho

The Shop

ti473
10/15/2018 8:15am
Why is this thread not in the Dumbgeon yet??
magoo1982
10/15/2018 8:42am
KB221 wrote:
not butthurt I am Canadian Douchebag called me a retard IF You want to be named FMOTP you need to beat down the best in supey...
not butthurt

I am Canadian

Douchebag called me a retard

IF You want to be named FMOTP you need to beat down the best in supey and moto, Am I wrong?
Maybe some riders don't want to take chance of extra injury from someone doing bonehead move in supercross . Maybe they consider it boring and not interested in riding that type track .Hell even as an amateur rider, when tracks started going to short motos on little man made sx style tracks in my area most guys lost interest in moto and started racing off road races .
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/15/2018 8:47am
RG1 wrote:
He already has the title FMOTP, and he's already the highest paid rider in the world anyway. He doesn't give a shit about Supercross and nor...
He already has the title FMOTP, and he's already the highest paid rider in the world anyway. He doesn't give a shit about Supercross and nor should he
HenryA wrote:
Hmmm...what sources do you have that Herlings is the highest paid rider?
RG1 wrote:
Someone who runs a team in GP's and therefore would know what people are getting paid, told us at MXdN that he is the highest paid...
Someone who runs a team in GP's and therefore would know what people are getting paid, told us at MXdN that he is the highest paid rider in the world. By quite some margin as well
His base pay is up there around top three in the game but once you pencil in gear and personal deals...there are three riders I can think of who are making more. Add in bonuses...I think he’s sitting about third again. Straight from the horses mouth of someone who’s been riding for the same manufacture as him, their bonus program isn’t nearly as high as US Nationals and Supercross. He average base pay in MXGP is pretty strong though. Gear deals for US riders is higher as well. Riders such as Ken Roczen, Eli Tomac, and Jason Anderson are pulling in quite a bit more on gear. There’s probably four other riders in Herlings range of gear pay, including Barcia. Tomac and Roczen’s year deals are mental though...
RangerLee
10/15/2018 8:47am
Kill this thread.

99% of all dirt bike riders never rode or will ride super cross.

Herlings is the fastest racer out there. Want to prove him wrong, go beat him where he races. It was not just him that made our team look B class, we were 6th!!! Our fastest outdoor rider could only pull a 4th as his best finish.

US riders are not going to compete to be the best outdoor racers anymore. Aside from our split season, we will not look good at the MXoN either as it is so long after they stop racing.

Get over it, JH can talk all the shit he wants because he backs it up.

Please kill this thread.
10/15/2018 11:03am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 11:07am
Lets face it , we did what everybody expected Team USA to do at MXON .. Tongue

Herlings is FMOTP outdoors in 2018 ...just check the numbers and tell me who has won more in outdoors

brimx153
10/15/2018 11:18am
fanger wrote:
Mx and sx are raced on the same machines, saying they’re two different sports is ridiculous. Saying herlings is the fastest man on the planet when...
Mx and sx are raced on the same machines, saying they’re two different sports is ridiculous. Saying herlings is the fastest man on the planet when he has only ever competed in mx is ridiculous. Saying Tomac is the fastest man in the planet when he has his insane sx and mx races is ridiculous.

Saying anybody is the fastest on the planet without a series in doors and out doors that everyone competes in is ridiculous. One off races prove nothing.

Until we have a series that is fair and run over a season we’ll never know who is the fmop.
RG1 wrote:
People called Stewart the FMOTP and he only raced outside of America about 4 times in his entire career. Tomac is the best America has and...
People called Stewart the FMOTP and he only raced outside of America about 4 times in his entire career. Tomac is the best America has and Herlings has beaten him 7 out of 8 times they've raced, all on US soil, and he's completely dominated in Europe. That's enough for me
Yep . And it was only supercross he was .In motocross RC had more speed than him
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
10/15/2018 11:29am
KB221 wrote:
not butthurt I am Canadian Douchebag called me a retard IF You want to be named FMOTP you need to beat down the best in supey...
not butthurt

I am Canadian

IF You want to be named FMOTP you need to beat down the best in supey and moto, Am I wrong?
Here is presumably an adult human being explaining or justifying initiating and pursuing a discussion with the words "douchebag called me a retard". Let that sink in for a moment.
Paul333
10/15/2018 11:43am
Absolutely moronic thread/topic. Herlings has ZERO need to prove anything to Americans. He just won the MX1 title and smoked us on our home soil. Supercross should and probably does mean nothing to him. Twenty minute motos, tracks that are basically pavement hard, and consist of nothing more than dangerous whoop sections / Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump. Hint: That isn’t as challenging as two 30+2 motos on a rough real Motocross track. Yes he has to travel to the Third World and race on a few fairground level tracks but that’s Youthstreams fault not his.

jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
10/15/2018 12:05pm
KB221 wrote:
not butthurt

I am Canadian

MPJC wrote:
Here is presumably an adult human being explaining or justifying initiating and pursuing a discussion with the words "douchebag called me a retard". Let that sink...
Here is presumably an adult human being explaining or justifying initiating and pursuing a discussion with the words "douchebag called me a retard". Let that sink in for a moment.
Who also said he doesn’t do social media on a social media page...
The kid is making it embarrassing to be Canadian today!
10/15/2018 1:02pm
KB221 wrote:
I believe he can, but it doesn't come automatically
agree , Tomacs SX titles show it doesnt
FlaNard
10/15/2018 1:20pm
He is the fastest motocross racer in the world and not by a little bit. I think he's comfortable with his seat at the table.
Arofin
10/15/2018 1:46pm
Tomac got his ass handed at the Nations, a week later he needs his rookie friend to let him by for the win and still you...
Tomac got his ass handed at the Nations, a week later he needs his rookie friend to let him by for the win and still you guys try to find a reason to call out Herlings...
This says it all....
Lucifa.
10/15/2018 1:50pm
KB221 wrote:
If you want to be FMOTP (period) then come on over and dominate supercross. Its not about money for you at this point, its about legacy...
If you want to be FMOTP (period) then come on over and dominate supercross. Its not about money for you at this point, its about legacy, get it done while you are on top of your game cause it doesn't last long.
JH is the FMOTP (MX) currently. Both him and Tomac have their AMA and GP tittles for the year and JH has beaten Tomac in the last two races they squared up against.

Those are the facts and thats how it is.

Now if JH wants to claim that he's the FMOTP (SX) he'll need to beat Anderson, the current reigning AMA SX champ.

I doubt he currently wants to be the FMOTP in SX as thats not his discipline and he's contracted to racing MXGP.

Who knows, maybe in the future he'll come to the US but until then, these threads of come race SX are pointless.
Rs444
10/15/2018 2:07pm
KB221 wrote:
not butthurt

I am Canadian

Yes u are wrong. You dont have to compete in the ping pong world championship in order to be the best tennisplayer right?, so why the fuck would you have to race supercross in order to be the best motocross racer out there?. And for the last time sx is small, a tiny tiny part of mx. Sure sx is big as fuck in the states and america is a big Country but america is still Only one Country out of ca 260 in the world and and in 99.9% of these countries Sx is non existant no matter how cool you think sx is.
Torco1
10/15/2018 2:21pm
RG1 wrote:
He already has the title FMOTP, and he's already the highest paid rider in the world anyway. He doesn't give a shit about Supercross and nor...
He already has the title FMOTP, and he's already the highest paid rider in the world anyway. He doesn't give a shit about Supercross and nor should he
HenryA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Someone who runs a team in GP's and therefore would know what people are getting paid, told us at MXdN that he is the highest paid...
Someone who runs a team in GP's and therefore would know what people are getting paid, told us at MXdN that he is the highest paid rider in the world. By quite some margin as well
So, "someone" who runs a team in the GP's knows the salary of all the mx riders in the world? Makes sense. Whistling
Torco1
10/15/2018 2:26pm
HenryA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
His base pay is up there around top three in the game but once you pencil in gear and personal deals...there are three riders I can...
His base pay is up there around top three in the game but once you pencil in gear and personal deals...there are three riders I can think of who are making more. Add in bonuses...I think he’s sitting about third again. Straight from the horses mouth of someone who’s been riding for the same manufacture as him, their bonus program isn’t nearly as high as US Nationals and Supercross. He average base pay in MXGP is pretty strong though. Gear deals for US riders is higher as well. Riders such as Ken Roczen, Eli Tomac, and Jason Anderson are pulling in quite a bit more on gear. There’s probably four other riders in Herlings range of gear pay, including Barcia. Tomac and Roczen’s year deals are mental though...
What's wrong with you?? Don't go throwing around facts to try and ruin someone's crazy fantasy.
10/15/2018 2:50pm
Remember Herlings and the gp guy came to the usa and beat them. If any call out are made it should be for the usa riders to go try win in Europe.
10/15/2018 3:08pm
KB221 wrote:
If you want to be FMOTP (period) then come on over and dominate supercross. Its not about money for you at this point, its about legacy...
If you want to be FMOTP (period) then come on over and dominate supercross. Its not about money for you at this point, its about legacy, get it done while you are on top of your game cause it doesn't last long.
Wow this is the stupidest post ever posted on vital.

He literally was going 3-5 seconds a lap faster than our guy.

Mud, sand, hardpack, supercross it doesn’t matter that’s rediculous.

Jasper125
10/15/2018 3:22pm
RG1 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
His base pay is up there around top three in the game but once you pencil in gear and personal deals...there are three riders I can...
Torco1 wrote:
What's wrong with you?? Don't go throwing around facts to try and ruin someone's crazy fantasy.
Only diffrence is that Honda tried really hard to buy Herlings away from KTM and Paulin already got a million base salary a year. KTM gave Herlings a big raise due to his loyalty to KTM for signing till 2020. Herlings also since MX2 has a bonus program setup for championships and not race wins. Ktm even gave him a bonus when he rode with a broken femur in Mexico even though he wasn't supposed to get a bonus because he didn't get the championship. I'm not saying you're wrong but i think his pay is higher as you might think.
magoo1982
10/15/2018 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 3:24pm
Remember Herlings and the gp guy came to the usa and beat them. If any call out are made it should be for the usa riders...
Remember Herlings and the gp guy came to the usa and beat them. If any call out are made it should be for the usa riders to go try win in Europe.
100% RIGHT !!!!!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/15/2018 3:24pm
Blinded Tomac super-fans are the social justice warriors of mx.
OldHalfway
10/15/2018 3:27pm
I have never been a fan of Herlings. Was pulling and hoping AC222 could have pulled out another title this year. That being said, Herlings is absolutely amazing. Earned the title and respect. If you watched the GPs this year you know. If you didn't and are not able to reckon that no one outside of the US gives a flying eff about supercross and think it holds any relevance to him being the fastest outdoors, then please come here and start another thread about him for the 3% of people that didn't watch the GPs and agree with you.
RG1
10/15/2018 10:44pm
HenryA wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
So, "someone" who runs a team in the GP's knows the salary of all the mx riders in the world? Makes sense. Whistling
He would have some idea yes. He has to sign riders each year, he has to know what people make and what they want. Maybe he isn't bang on, but I'm sure he's in the ball park. If ML has an idea what the top guys are making then why wouldn't a team manager?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
10/15/2018 10:48pm
tempura wrote:
Since when has supercross been Motocross? And why does he need to dominate supercross to be named FMOTP at Motocross?
KB221 wrote:
How can you have 2 FMOTP on a dirtbike?
If that is the case, guess Herlings needs to race some Flat Track, Enduro. Extreme Enduro, throw in a little desert racing.

Idiot

Post a reply to: Official JH84 Callout Thread

The Latest