Official Eli Tomac Idiotic Opinion Thread

Nighttrain
1/7/2018 10:47am
Juice_Mann wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of hateful comments towards Tomac this morning. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan and regardless of what really happened...
I've been seeing a lot of hateful comments towards Tomac this morning. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan and regardless of what really happened to him last night we all need him to figure his shit out. Like it or not he's the only guy out there I can see challenging Musquin at this point. If his shoulder is truly injured then we as fans are all fucked because this season just got a whole lot less interesting after one race.
Well said, Juice-Mann. When healthy Tomac is a key animator of any SX or MX race he’s in. The 2017 SX season would have been a lot less interesting without Tomac’s chase of Dungey for the overall. Let’s hope he hasn’t re-injured one of his shoulders.
1/7/2018 10:58am
Kawasaki just needs to pay somebody to stay back at the rig and be available for anything that they might need to grab.

"Paging gopher one, Eli's pants are falling down, bring zip ties."

The Shop

brocster
1/7/2018 11:14am
Do you ever ride with your pants unbuckled and unzipped (broken)? Thought so... now STFU
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/7/2018 11:35am
brocster wrote:
Do you ever ride with your pants unbuckled and unzipped (broken)? Thought so... now STFU
Yep, u can stop...
motoxparks
1/7/2018 12:00pm
Everyone hates on him. I feel bad for the dude. Works his ass off, is the fastest and finally gets the start. Did everything exactly the way he didn't do them in years passed. Then some shit like this happens to him. I hope he wins this thing just to shut everyone up.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/7/2018 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 12:13pm
WCRider wrote:
he was leaving every one else behind. Mm won but, eh, he didn’t look to hot . Smooth but that’s about it. Tomac was smoking them...
he was leaving every one else behind. Mm won but, eh, he didn’t look to hot . Smooth but that’s about it. Tomac was smoking them. He just needs to fix some big things (lol) Lap timing talk.
Bro .....from the moment i watched him in qualifying practice he looked like muff cabbage. He made a multitude of mistakes like over cooking a few...
Bro .....from the moment i watched him in qualifying practice he looked like muff cabbage. He made a multitude of mistakes like over cooking a few corners and almost sliding out, leg dabs that if were a hairline longer theyre twisting his knee, over jumping everything landing almost in the transitions, and more than a few times his bike trajectory over jumps looked sketched out and way off the normal smoothness youd see from a top professional. He was pushing out of his comfort zone and Roczen ripped off a faster lap time, the fastest w/o looking out of control at times like Eli did. Matter of fact it looked like Ken may have been in Eli's head from the way Eli was riding.....to me it looked like he wasnt comfortable 100% of the time and was hastily pushing w/o considering to back it down to stay in control. This is what I saw from practice on through the night.

If anyone reads too far into what im saying you can take it any way you want but the crash didnt surprise me and at the same time i wasnt expecting him to crash. What ensued with the rolling around and stopping to take his time and fix his pants, all of it was very strange.
ktmwoods wrote:
^^^ agreed 100%
Eli is not "light" on the bike, He is a brute, he comes from the hood, he has a primitf side and i love it, no faking cool attitude, Eli is just 100% natural, il smell the pure spirit of MX like the oldschool badass rider's. Same with his riding,
You will ALWAYS see him make mistakes cuz sometimes that's the price for pinned a trottle as only he can.

She is a beast who is afraid of herself

Why do you think he ride with a full waffle grip ?

U don't win Daytona twice in a row being lucky.

He has the faults that go with his qualities, that's it. Enjoy that fck beast, That beast is badly paid, it's sad.
Robgvx
1/7/2018 12:13pm
brocster wrote:
My pants came undone during a race once. The zipper broke and the press stud too. (There was no belt thing back then). It's was really awkward but I just pulled them back up as often as I could. I certainly never considered pulling out.

Still won the race. True story. Fox and Hounds, Newbury, 1981 or 1982.
JRT812
1/7/2018 12:17pm
Saving himself for the Des Nations.
jeffro503
1/7/2018 1:31pm
brocster wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
My pants came undone during a race once. The zipper broke and the press stud too. (There was no belt thing back then). It's was really...
My pants came undone during a race once. The zipper broke and the press stud too. (There was no belt thing back then). It's was really awkward but I just pulled them back up as often as I could. I certainly never considered pulling out.

Still won the race. True story. Fox and Hounds, Newbury, 1981 or 1982.
Rob , with all due respect ( and believe me I admire your accomplishments ).....Riding an outdoor track and dealing with what you dealt with that day 35 years ago , was not the same thing as what a rider on an indoor SX track of 2018 is like. Every few seconds in an SX race has do or die consequences and timing is everything. If your pants are hanging off your ass , with no real time to pull them up , and removing your hands to do so....on an SX track , you're just asking to wad yourself.

There is no break on an SX track in which to do so safely for the last 12+ mins on one of these tracks.

Besides that point....I also think with his shoulder getting banged up , pain started to set in and he thought it might be a good idea to pull off. Put those two things together on an SX track , and I think Eli made the right call. Obviously for him , it was.
Robgvx
1/7/2018 2:02pm
I agree on the difference with an SX track and trying to pull pants up. However, call me old fashioned, but injured shoulder or not, if I could physically still ride the bike (which Tomac could - he rode back to the pits) I would have finished the race. At walking pace if need be.

It's a championship. One more point could mean everything at the end.
mac3-d
1/7/2018 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 2:13pm
I thought he had a touch of concussion ,stumbling when he got off the ground,& not being able to zipper his pants in a hurry & then the pain kicking in after a few laps for shoulder or arm .
I hurt my shoulder at an enduro once only to ride on and the pain kicked in 15 minutes later it turned out I'd broken my clavicle (collar bone)
Just hope he's good to go next week.
agn5009
1/7/2018 2:15pm
WCRider wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/735133973319117/videos/860056800826833/
Wait, so you're saying tomac is really talented and fast on dirt bikes??? No way!!!

Tomac flubbed. Again. It took him how long to get his pants taken care of? He was shaking like a leaf while trying to get them secured. Tomac has all time great speed. But at this point in his career he is not an all time great racer. I don't care what anyone says, Tomac has not shown he's mentally strong at this point in his career.
jeffro503
1/7/2018 2:35pm
Robgvx wrote:
I agree on the difference with an SX track and trying to pull pants up. However, call me old fashioned, but injured shoulder or not, if...
I agree on the difference with an SX track and trying to pull pants up. However, call me old fashioned, but injured shoulder or not, if I could physically still ride the bike (which Tomac could - he rode back to the pits) I would have finished the race. At walking pace if need be.

It's a championship. One more point could mean everything at the end.
I get ya Rob. I wish he would of finished too , but I ( like most other's on here ) aren't really sure why he pulled off. I'll leave my judgement aside until we hear something official.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/7/2018 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 3:16pm
agn5009 wrote:
Wait, so you're saying tomac is really talented and fast on dirt bikes??? No way!!! Tomac flubbed. Again. It took him how long to get his...
Wait, so you're saying tomac is really talented and fast on dirt bikes??? No way!!!

Tomac flubbed. Again. It took him how long to get his pants taken care of? He was shaking like a leaf while trying to get them secured. Tomac has all time great speed. But at this point in his career he is not an all time great racer. I don't care what anyone says, Tomac has not shown he's mentally strong at this point in his career.
"But at this point in his career he is not an all time great racer. I don't care what anyone says, Tomac has not shown he's mentally strong at this point in his career."

Obv u right, no doubt on that. Wait until he's Marvin's age. He needs to be a bit more mature, he still for the moment a little bit too wild but i think he is on the good way.

Curious to see him at 27/28/29/30 years old if he can dodge bullets... He also needs a bit of luck and maybe, I mean maybe, get away a bit from his father for change his mind but I don't think that will happen.

I think it's possible that his father is one of the origins of his problem. Who knows.

The father-son relationship in motocross is not obvious especially when ur father has been a big stars. S72 can confirm me.

Everts had a similar problem.

86honda
1/7/2018 4:11pm
Oh so he hid his weed in his pants so not to pull a Millsaps? Hey 3 its legal in Cali. Try to keep up. "literally"
Rhino
1/7/2018 4:18pm
WCRider wrote:
he was leaving every one else behind. Mm won but, eh, he didn’t look to hot . Smooth but that’s about it. Tomac was smoking them...
he was leaving every one else behind. Mm won but, eh, he didn’t look to hot . Smooth but that’s about it. Tomac was smoking them. He just needs to fix some big things (lol) Lap timing talk.
Bro .....from the moment i watched him in qualifying practice he looked like muff cabbage. He made a multitude of mistakes like over cooking a few...
Bro .....from the moment i watched him in qualifying practice he looked like muff cabbage. He made a multitude of mistakes like over cooking a few corners and almost sliding out, leg dabs that if were a hairline longer theyre twisting his knee, over jumping everything landing almost in the transitions, and more than a few times his bike trajectory over jumps looked sketched out and way off the normal smoothness youd see from a top professional. He was pushing out of his comfort zone and Roczen ripped off a faster lap time, the fastest w/o looking out of control at times like Eli did. Matter of fact it looked like Ken may have been in Eli's head from the way Eli was riding.....to me it looked like he wasnt comfortable 100% of the time and was hastily pushing w/o considering to back it down to stay in control. This is what I saw from practice on through the night.

If anyone reads too far into what im saying you can take it any way you want but the crash didnt surprise me and at the same time i wasnt expecting him to crash. What ensued with the rolling around and stopping to take his time and fix his pants, all of it was very strange.
ktmwoods wrote:
^^^ agreed 100%
Emig was trying to sell it as it's giving him more lift over the next obstacle, which of course was overjumped as well.............and slower. Visually, AND on the clock.
1/7/2018 4:20pm
WCRider wrote:
"But at this point in his career he is not an all time great racer. I don't care what anyone says, Tomac has not shown he's...
"But at this point in his career he is not an all time great racer. I don't care what anyone says, Tomac has not shown he's mentally strong at this point in his career."

Obv u right, no doubt on that. Wait until he's Marvin's age. He needs to be a bit more mature, he still for the moment a little bit too wild but i think he is on the good way.

Curious to see him at 27/28/29/30 years old if he can dodge bullets... He also needs a bit of luck and maybe, I mean maybe, get away a bit from his father for change his mind but I don't think that will happen.

I think it's possible that his father is one of the origins of his problem. Who knows.

The father-son relationship in motocross is not obvious especially when ur father has been a big stars. S72 can confirm me.

Everts had a similar problem.

I like idiotic ideas. Here's one.

John Tomac was legendary on a bicycle, with timed runs, and he was alone during each run. He was in good shape and could concentrate on himself and his solo runs at the "races".

Eli trains in Colorado mostly alone from what I understand. He wears earplugs at the track. He was probably homeschooled. He hunts and kills.

How does this fit together, you ask? Maybe John trained Eli to be an awesome bicycle champion, but Eli misses the mark on dealing with things that are out of his control. In motocross you need mental strength for a much longer period and be able to maintain it while the other guys knock your ass around. He's been groomed to be in control of his environment, and to minimize distractions like any great racer but his Dad is John Tomac. John Tomac was the best in a specialized sport. John could afford to seek total control because he raced a stopwatch. The lifelong quest for total control is hurting Eli. No schoolmates bullying him, no sound from his competitors bikes, no one to beat him at the practice track, lives end when he says so, and lives out of the loop on purpose. Since he blocks out life's curveballs in general he implodes when something doesn't follow his plan. Maybe.
Gandorlf
1/7/2018 10:21pm
WCRider wrote:

Didn’t know you were Baker. Maybe Eli should hire you to teach him how to ride. Lmao...
sickboy3636
1/8/2018 5:03am
WCRider wrote:

Gandorlf wrote:
Didn’t know you were Baker. Maybe Eli should hire you to teach him how to ride. Lmao...
This is a riding/racing forum, where for the most part people discuss different aspects of racing.....and just so happens we just had a race. Were you surprised someone was critiquing what they saw on the track? Well if Eli isn't interested, maybe you could hire Lightning to help you understand how Internet forums work.
Kkawi
1/8/2018 5:14am
I like idiotic ideas. Here's one. John Tomac was legendary on a bicycle, with timed runs, and he was alone during each run. He was in...
I like idiotic ideas. Here's one.

John Tomac was legendary on a bicycle, with timed runs, and he was alone during each run. He was in good shape and could concentrate on himself and his solo runs at the "races".

Eli trains in Colorado mostly alone from what I understand. He wears earplugs at the track. He was probably homeschooled. He hunts and kills.

How does this fit together, you ask? Maybe John trained Eli to be an awesome bicycle champion, but Eli misses the mark on dealing with things that are out of his control. In motocross you need mental strength for a much longer period and be able to maintain it while the other guys knock your ass around. He's been groomed to be in control of his environment, and to minimize distractions like any great racer but his Dad is John Tomac. John Tomac was the best in a specialized sport. John could afford to seek total control because he raced a stopwatch. The lifelong quest for total control is hurting Eli. No schoolmates bullying him, no sound from his competitors bikes, no one to beat him at the practice track, lives end when he says so, and lives out of the loop on purpose. Since he blocks out life's curveballs in general he implodes when something doesn't follow his plan. Maybe.
I dont buy the part about hunting, RV hunts and he was very strong mentally but the rest is interesting... I dont know if its true but it seems like its a possibility... or maybe just a wild theory. I dont know and I'm not gonna pretend like I know what happened at A1 but I was definitley disappointed that he didnt try to scavenge some points.

If you guys remember he was standing up while riding and his pants werent continuing to fall down so it wasnt the pants thing
Crush
1/8/2018 5:15am
My opinion is I hope he gets his shit together because it'll be a boring season without him.
1/8/2018 5:21am
I think at this point, it's pretty obvious Eli has a focus problem. He makes so many mental errors that lead to mistakes, some big, some small. The talent and ability to ride with elite speed is one thing, the mind to do it consistently is another. Makes one appreciate the RD's, RV's, RC's (Wait a minute.... THERE's the problem! No "R" in Eli.... Wink )

TopJolr
1/8/2018 5:23am
Maybe Eli just had a random fall like the rest of us have had and he unfortunately fell on his shoulder(s) which we all know are compromised because of his injuries and when he got up he saw an actual dragon unclip his pants which made him freak out and..... I think this cookie I ate was laced with something.
sickboy3636
1/8/2018 5:31am
Crush wrote:
My opinion is I hope he gets his shit together because it'll be a boring season without him.
Well said. Thats the shitty thing, he has the speed, but to make it an interesting season is gonna be impossible if he's willing to pull off and dump a races worth of points. Although! Think of how many times he screwed the pooch last season, and he still found his way into the chase just from speed. With the new format, they are saying one or two bad races won't hurt near as much as they did last year.....so the new former might work well with Eli's head scratching inconsistency.
Acidreamer
1/8/2018 6:06am
I dont understand how people can say he pulled off because of his pants or doesnt have the mental strength to handle a race.

He rode outdoors with a broken front brake. He chased dungey down going wide open all last sx season. Hes a multi time champion.

Everyone is so critical of him yet instead of riding for factory kawasaki theyre being keyboard warriors with literally no idea what theyre talking about.

Lets wait for an official report.

Post a reply to: Official Eli Tomac Idiotic Opinion Thread

The Latest