Oceano Dunes/Pismo Beach.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2017 8:12 PM

Looks like an effort is underway to shut this area down.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoCalDSRiders/permalink/1526593447383998/

Wonder what Govenor Moonbeam will do.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

8/1/2017 8:46 PM

They already shit down from like pole 6 to Devils slide over the fucking snowey plover. They keep trying and loosing in court.

|

8/1/2017 8:54 PM

Take take take is the motto of Sacramento.

|

8/2/2017 8:59 AM

Remember when they shut down 40,000 square acres in Glamis because they thought it was endangering a plant? We got the area reopened and the dumbass thistle thrived from the seeds being spread.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

8/2/2017 10:01 AM

They shut down over 80% of pismo in the early 1980s. Over some dumb ass bird called a snowy plover. The tree huggers have been fighting for years to get the other 20%. Those dunes bring a lot of money to the area.

|

8/2/2017 10:03 AM

That's why those dunes are still open, not much money in plover viewing.

|

8/2/2017 11:03 AM

cali11 wrote:

They shut down over 80% of pismo in the early 1980s. Over some dumb ass bird called a snowy plover. The tree huggers have been fighting for years to get the other 20%. Those dunes bring a lot of money to the area.

There was plenty of good riding there in the early 80's Bruh. You're off by a decade.

|

8/2/2017 11:26 AM

i have an idea. whatever plant or animal is in danger, just decimate it, problem solved.

|

8/2/2017 1:07 PM

I feel very fortunate to have raced a few WORCS races there a few years ago. Great fun. Camping in the RV right on the beach!

I've been racing since the 80's.... can't believe how much riding spaces are now gone.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

8/2/2017 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 1:51 PM

I live two blocks away from the entrance to the dunes.... this was on the news a few weeks ago:

http://www.ksby.com/story/35936887/group-to-sue-state-parks-over-snowy-plover-deaths-at-oceano-dunes

These people really need to get a hobby.

|

8/2/2017 1:57 PM

Moparmotel wrote:

I live two blocks away from the entrance to the dunes.... this was on the news a few weeks ago:

http://www.ksby.com/story/35936887/group-to-sue-state-parks-over-snowy-plover-deaths-at-oceano-dunes

These people really need to get a hobby.

...they do have a hobby, suing to rid the state of underprepared and disorganized off roaders...

|

8/2/2017 2:49 PM

Hallzilla wrote:

There was plenty of good riding there in the early 80's Bruh. You're off by a decade.

Didn't Union Oil have some part in closing the south part of the dunes back in the day? I seem to remember something along those lines..

|

8/2/2017 3:29 PM

cali11 wrote:

They shut down over 80% of pismo in the early 1980s. Over some dumb ass bird called a snowy plover. The tree huggers have been fighting for years to get the other 20%. Those dunes bring a lot of money to the area.

Hallzilla wrote:

There was plenty of good riding there in the early 80's Bruh. You're off by a decade.

avidchimp wrote:

Didn't Union Oil have some part in closing the south part of the dunes back in the day? I seem to remember something along those lines..

That sounds familiar. Riding Gorman Saturday morning, Interested ? We can talk avid / moto shop.

|

8/2/2017 5:40 PM

Some people who live on the mesa behind the dunes don't like the sand. The dunes were created by centuries of wind. It gets windy. They moved there knowing this. But of course it's the paddles throwing sand for miles that get sand in their eyes.

The bird thing has been going on for over 30 years. These birds should be good to go after all the beach and dunes that are human free now. They need all the dunes to survive.

Such a shame.

|

8/4/2017 8:27 AM

Hallzilla wrote:

That sounds familiar. Riding Gorman Saturday morning, Interested ? We can talk avid / moto shop.

If I don't go up to my place in Arrowhead today I might cruise out and spectate. Currently letting some injuries heal up.

|

8/4/2017 9:41 AM

avidchimp wrote:

Didn't Union Oil have some part in closing the south part of the dunes back in the day? I seem to remember something along those lines..

Hallzilla wrote:

That sounds familiar. Riding Gorman Saturday morning, Interested ? We can talk avid / moto shop.

avidchimp wrote:

If I don't go up to my place in Arrowhead today I might cruise out and spectate. Currently letting some injuries heal up.

Arrowhead Sweet ! PM me if you don't

|

8/4/2017 10:53 AM

cali11 wrote:

They shut down over 80% of pismo in the early 1980s. Over some dumb ass bird called a snowy plover. The tree huggers have been fighting for years to get the other 20%. Those dunes bring a lot of money to the area.

Hallzilla wrote:

There was plenty of good riding there in the early 80's Bruh. You're off by a decade.

Isn't that what I posted?

|