Observations from racer x (Webb vs BamBam)

1/26/2018 8:06am
The only black eye received from this scuffle was Yamaha. How embarrassing. I understand there is pressure, temper and egos but when you're a highly paid professional who, like it or not, is a role model for millions of little kids, you simply don't act like that. Especially in public. Wait until you're in private.
1/26/2018 8:21am
bball35 wrote:
Wrong. His rookie season was in 99 when he was the #9. It was a total disaster and he did not win a race. He dropped...
Wrong. His rookie season was in 99 when he was the #9. It was a total disaster and he did not win a race. He dropped back down to 125s for outdoors and he did win the title. His first win was Daytona in 2000.
My bad, I just looked it up. You're right. I was thinking he rode outdoors on the 250 before he rode SX. Good memory
bball35
1/26/2018 8:23am
My bad, I just looked it up. You're right. I was thinking he rode outdoors on the 250 before he rode SX. Good memory
Haha. Only a good memory when it comes to motocross races. I don't think I've missed watching a supercross since 1998. I only wish I was great at memorizing useful information.
deluxeman
1/26/2018 8:25am
bball35 wrote:
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There...
I remember a young Ricky Carmichael struggle for a couple years in the big bike class before going on a tear in his third season. There is still hope.
A couple years? He won a SX in his rookie season and the outdoor title. Yeah he struggled but not like Coop. I think he probably...
A couple years? He won a SX in his rookie season and the outdoor title. Yeah he struggled but not like Coop. I think he probably as already signed with KTM and wrote off 2018. Probably riding around trying not to get hurt, collecting paychecks
Do you really believe what you type? Why would KTM sign a guy and let him ride another brand of bike and potentially beat their guy or get injured? Why would Yamaha hire a rider that is already contracted with another brand? None of this makes any sense.

The Shop

agn5009
1/26/2018 8:45am
seth505 wrote:
Neither does KTM
MX Guy wrote:
Be ready for mxb2 to ask you to cite your source
You're acting like this is a sure thing and it's not. Cooper is NOT signed with KTM right now. Is he in talks? Possibly. You're taking an internet rumor to heart. Do you think KTM is dumb enough to sign someone to a contract almost one year ahead of time in a sport where a rider is one small mistake away from a career ending injury? Sure, they may be willing to take that chance on guys like RC, RD, RV, KR or ET. No ones taking that chance on a guy who has proven he's nothing more than a 10th place guy.

This is almost as dumb as the guy who said Cooper isnt really trying on his Yamaha because he's waiting to get on the KTM.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
1/26/2018 9:48am
Karma might be suggesting its Cooper's turn to pit under the EZ UP at the back of the rig..
1/26/2018 11:15am
deluxeman wrote:
Do you really believe what you type? Why would KTM sign a guy and let him ride another brand of bike and potentially beat their guy...
Do you really believe what you type? Why would KTM sign a guy and let him ride another brand of bike and potentially beat their guy or get injured? Why would Yamaha hire a rider that is already contracted with another brand? None of this makes any sense.
Uhhhh they sign him for the next year to lock him and his talents up? Webb could have a contract for 2019 and there is nothing Yamaha can do, it's just like Roczen in 2016, he was signed with Honda for the next year way before supercross ever ended.

*Whether Webb is signed with KTM I don't know but your post shows you don't follow the sport too closely.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/26/2018 11:45am
agn5009 wrote:
You're acting like this is a sure thing and it's not. Cooper is NOT signed with KTM right now. Is he in talks? Possibly. You're taking...
You're acting like this is a sure thing and it's not. Cooper is NOT signed with KTM right now. Is he in talks? Possibly. You're taking an internet rumor to heart. Do you think KTM is dumb enough to sign someone to a contract almost one year ahead of time in a sport where a rider is one small mistake away from a career ending injury? Sure, they may be willing to take that chance on guys like RC, RD, RV, KR or ET. No ones taking that chance on a guy who has proven he's nothing more than a 10th place guy.

This is almost as dumb as the guy who said Cooper isnt really trying on his Yamaha because he's waiting to get on the KTM.
Dude I don't give a flying f*** if you believe it or not, I really don't. The deal is signed, he's going to KTM whether you like it or not. As I told mxb2, believe or don't, watch it come true regardless.
mxb2
1/26/2018 11:52am
agn5009 wrote:
You're acting like this is a sure thing and it's not. Cooper is NOT signed with KTM right now. Is he in talks? Possibly. You're taking...

MX Guy wrote:
Dude I don't give a flying f*** if you believe it or not, I really don't. The deal is signed, he's going to KTM whether you...
Dude I don't give a flying f*** if you believe it or not, I really don't. The deal is signed, he's going to KTM whether you like it or not. As I told mxb2, believe or don't, watch it come true regardless.
Nobody is saying it did or didnt happen. Its not official, contracts end oct 1. And alot can happen before then. I also saw on the internet that suzuki was making a new rm125, still waiting. If he goes to ktm, you win the internet. Like alot of people posted it.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/26/2018 12:14pm
agn5009 wrote:

MX Guy wrote:
Dude I don't give a flying f*** if you believe it or not, I really don't. The deal is signed, he's going to KTM whether you...
mxb2 wrote:
Nobody is saying it did or didnt happen. Its not official, contracts end oct 1. And alot can happen before then. I also saw on the...
Nobody is saying it did or didnt happen. Its not official, contracts end oct 1. And alot can happen before then. I also saw on the internet that suzuki was making a new rm125, still waiting. If he goes to ktm, you win the internet. Like alot of people posted it.
His contract ending 10/1 is not a valid reason as to why he hasn't signed a new contract already.
hamncheeze
1/26/2018 12:18pm
One thing with Cooper that isn't getting talked about much is that he apparently had a pretty big get-off a couple weeks before A1 and injured his ankle. On the RacerX Fantasy pod Perebijnos was mentioning this.

Any chance that things at factory Yamaha are not being run that well? Webb is obviously struggling this season, as he did last season. But Reed never seemed to really get on well in his 2 years, and by the end of 2017 he was pretty much publicly bashing Yamaha. There are a lot of old faces over there, McCarty, Guerra, Perry et al. Even Matthes has alluded to Yamaha maybe being a bit set in their ways. But then we have Barcia praising them and giving JGR a backhanded slap in the press conference post-A1 so who knows? I honestly think Matthes' has it correct "These riders are fragile little flowers...."

Anyway I fully expect to see Cooper at KTM in 2019. The only thing his current form is doing is saving KTM some salary money.
mxb2
1/26/2018 12:21pm
MX Guy wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Nobody is saying it did or didnt happen. Its not official, contracts end oct 1. And alot can happen before then. I also saw on the...
MX Guy wrote:
His contract ending 10/1 is not a valid reason as to why he hasn't signed a new contract already.
Ok man. Lol.You win .
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/26/2018 12:32pm
mxb2 wrote:
Ok man. Lol.You win .
The real question I have

What happens to the other Yamaha spot since Davi is probably retired after SX? Barcia and Plessinger become the gnarliest Yamaha team ever?
Stoneface
1/26/2018 2:19pm
From MXA,
HomeHome Page
RUMORS, GOSSIP & UNFOUNDED TRUTHS: BOGLE’S BACK & MOOKIE GETS TO STAY

Last updated Jan 26, 2018

HOT HEADS, FAT HEADS AND A TEAM YAMAHA MANAGEMENT NIGHTMARE

Cooper Webb and Justin Barcia got into an altercation following the last lap of the Anaheim II Supercross. They ended up wrestling around in the Yamaha pit and rolled under the truck before Yamaha personnel could separate them. It was a typical factory rider fight—a lot of shoving, posturing and pushing, but very little in the way of actual fisticuffs.

You would think that these two racers would have empathy for each other. They have been in the same boat. Barcia was on top and then suffered a couple years of injuries and lackluster performances. Webb was a dominant 250 rider, but hasn’t done much since moving to the 450 class. Now, as teammates, Barcia is on the rise and Webb in floundering.

They could help each other, but as Barcia came from the back of the pack in moto three last week, he got brake checked by Webb—and ended up ramming Webb’s rear wheel. Barcia thought it was a deliberate move by Webb to take him out, as Webb was hanging on by a thread to the top ten (and might well have thought that it wouldn’t look good if Barcia went by him on the last lap). But, Barcia went by him anyway.

Now the team has to live with the scrutiny of the public and press to go along with the sight of their two riders wallowing around under the truck.

gt80rider
1/26/2018 3:29pm
MX Guy wrote:
KTM is now hiring mid packers??

News to me...
kongols
1/26/2018 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 4:14pm
mxb2 wrote:
Some people like facts,not internet rumors.
You said there is no way any of Stewarts will ever be on a factory team, let alone JGR. Remember?
I got slaughtered here for suggesting RV to GP`s , 7 or 8 months before it was official.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
1/26/2018 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 5:01pm
gt80rider wrote:
KTM is now hiring mid packers??

News to me...
Where were you when they signed Tickle?

Edit: better yet, where were you when they signed Trey?
Lightning78
1/26/2018 6:27pm
It’s funny and almost ironic in a way that Barcia followed the same path and fell off when he went to yamaha 450’s so to speak and the Webb with almost the same trajectory is struggling like Barcia did .... now its ironically come full circle and Barcia is killing it again and back on Yamaha... any one see the odd correlation here? Both had eerily similar 250 careers and were touted as the next big thing when they moved up save for Barcias short stint on the Honda 450 its like history repeating itself and both were or are cocky hotheads.

Almost like Weege’s transfer of power theory
willie838
1/26/2018 8:49pm
JeepnMike wrote:
My prediction, Cooper will be taking Tickle's spot on KTM next year. He's just currently misguided Smile
a lot of signs point to that......

but he's going to eat humble pie when he gets their offer, because it should probably be about 40 percent of what yamaha paid him.

do you think he can play nice with the mandatory aldon bootcamp?

do you think he can find the heart to hack it down there with them?

---------
mxb2
1/26/2018 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 8:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
Some people like facts,not internet rumors.
kongols wrote:
You said there is no way any of Stewarts will ever be on a factory team, let alone JGR. Remember? I got slaughtered here for suggesting...
You said there is no way any of Stewarts will ever be on a factory team, let alone JGR. Remember?
I got slaughtered here for suggesting RV to GP`s , 7 or 8 months before it was official.
Yep and i came back and admitted being wrong. Guess you missed that. Also people said bubba was racing,. Where did they vanish to?
Kanewel433
1/29/2018 11:12am
agn5009 wrote:
Hey looooser, where'd you get that big boy KTM ride you big old dork!!! Just busting your balls. I don't know why anyone would "pick on...
Hey looooser, where'd you get that big boy KTM ride you big old dork!!!

Just busting your balls. I don't know why anyone would "pick on him."

I would hate it if KTM picked Webb up. I would much rather see them take a chance on a guy like Savatgy or Ciancarillo next year. Webb doesn't really have that "red bull" type of image either. I may be crazy, I just don't see it happening.
I have heard the rumors/prediction of Webb going to KTM but I agree that he just doesn't fit their image.
I also don't think he would gel well with Aldon's training program. Cooper has said numerous times before that he hates training and prefers to ride as much as possible. The strict Baker's Factory program doesn't sound like his cup of tea.

I would much rather see Adam Cianciarulo go to KTM in place of Canard (now that they have an open spot).
drt410
1/29/2018 11:37am
Webb "10th place guy" is too busy fartin around with privateers on his factory yamaha to be duking it out with top 3 riders in the pits. Stay in yo lane lil man you should be showing up to the races in a van. Soon, soon you will.
Hasletjoe
8/14/2018 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 2:36pm
Never been a fan of Bam Bam myself. To say his results have been impressive would be a stretch. Never really ever contended for a 450 title. Best he gets is when others are out, he got a 3rd in 2016 450 MX, 2015 he was 4th. To his credit, he can not beat those not on the track (hence, he has never beaten me!). This year was his first time in the top ten 450 SX coming in a solid 10th. Yes he has had injuries and what not. Barcia is best case fourth behind Tomac, Roczen, Musquin. Doubt he can handle Jason Anderson either.

With some new blood coming up, Zach, Plessinger to name a couple. He likely will not ever see a 450 crown. He is 26 and not getting any younger. His clean up early in season and humility didn't last. I can not see him being a future championship contender at the top level.

Cooper is another laborious dissertation...for another time! I am old and slow, need a shot of bran flakes

I am pretty sure DeCoster knows a bit more than me since I have seen more blue flags than checkers.........

Post a reply to: Observations from racer x (Webb vs BamBam)

The Latest