Observations From Spain. Stark Test Ride & MXGP...

Zoom
Edited Date/Time 6/1/2022 9:19am
Well, I can't say anything about the Stark test ride until June 10....

Toured the Stark factory and was quite impressed. Spent some time in Barcelona and loved it! Then over to Madrid for MXGP. Getting my credentials was one of the most unusual experiences ever.

We set the GPS to the address for the track and when we arrive its a high end shopping mall! As we are walking into the mall, there are a couple of people walking out of the mall with snowboards and wearing snowboard gear complete with helmets! We go into the mall and head towards the area to pick up our credentials. When we arrive we see an indoor ski slope next to the MXGP credentials area. I was like, what???? It was way to cool!!!

We get our credentials and head over to the track. Its in a field across a hill from the mall. Found out they only use it once a year for MXGP. The dirt reminded me a lot of Freestone, but the track had a some elevation compared to Freestone. There was a version of Larroco's Leap. Pretty massive. Most of the 450's were hitting it. Only saw a 250 clear it a couple of times.

Race action was great with the MXGP class having the closest battles. Watched Courtney Duncan sweep the Womans class. Had not see her ride since she was in the States several years ago. EMX 125 was awesome. They also had a Mini E class. Looked they were on a big wheel edition. So cool to watch those kids rip and still be able to have a conversation trackside when they came by.

Vialle was unstoppable in the MX2 class. Soooo smooth and fast. Flawless. Started inside the top 5 and made his way to the front with big leads both motos. Insiders mentioned that he and his family are planning on racing in American soon.

Was surprised how close the top 5-6 where in the premier class. They all seemed so close on speed, it was a matter of making the least mistakes and that was Renaux. This was kinda cool, I posted the finishline whip by Renaux after his first moto win on my IG story and he reshared it. The Spanish fans were very passionate in their support of Prado. Very close 3rd the first moto. Was leading the second moto early and slowly gapping the field, but got cross rutted around the 10 minute mark. They continued to wave their flags and blow their horns every time he came around.

As a trainer I'm always studying riding styles and techniques. I also put on a Starts and Sprints class in Texas that focuses on starts. Was interesting to see the top 250 and 450 riders still starting with their left foot up. This is something that Musquin and Roczen did for several years after they came to the states and only switch to two feet down the last couple of years. Also noticed feet on the pegs standing up in almost every deep rutted turn. Something that US riders are doing more and more of.

Didn't think I would run into any other Americans because of the opening round of the AMA Pro Motocross Series. Then ran into the Beasley's from Budds Creek. Had some great conversations with them!

More on the Stark test ride June 10...

|
troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
6/1/2022 9:11am
Sounds like a great trip! I was pumped for you when i heard about the Stark deal, looking forward to your feedback on it.
Zoom
6/1/2022 9:15am
troymoto2 wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! I was pumped for you when i heard about the Stark deal, looking forward to your feedback on it.
Hey whats up Troy!!! Hope you are doing well!
troymoto2
Fantasy
74th
6/1/2022 9:32am
troymoto2 wrote:
Zoom wrote:
Hey whats up Troy!!! Hope you are doing well!
All good bud! I mean I'm not getting flown to Spain for a MXGP and test rides on spaceships, but no complaints!
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/1/2022 9:39am
Toured the Stark factory?

The Shop

Zoom
6/1/2022 10:09am
early wrote:
Yes
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/1/2022 10:45am
early wrote:
Zoom wrote:
Yes
Nice, cant wait to hear a full report.

Post a reply to: Observations From Spain. Stark Test Ride & MXGP...

The Latest