Oakley Proven VS Oakley Crowbar

Edited Date/Time 6/5/2012 3:40pm
How is the size (frame) of the Proven goggle compared to the Crowbar?
About the same or is the Proven a lot smaller like the O-frame?
I´m about to order a load of new goggles and DONT like the smaller frame ones (like scott voltage, oakley o-frame etc)
I do like the Crowbar, but Proven has a better prize tag.
Please help.
|
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
6/5/2012 6:46am
If you didn't know already, you're going to get a wide range of opinions on this.

You'd be better off to go to a dealer, put on your helmet, and try a couple pairs.

Then buy at least one pair at the dealership to pay them back for the privilege of getting the first-hand accurate info you need.

H
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
6/5/2012 6:48am
Just take your helmet with you to an oakley store and try them both. I only had the crowbar and it was big for vision but hot and not much ventilation.
6/5/2012 6:51am
Trust me, i would, but the closest dealer who actually stocks Crowbar is about 4hours from home, and i still havent found a single dealer that stocks Proven. Welcome to Sweden.

And i know opinions differ, but if the Proven frame is bigger, smaller or about the same size as a Crowbar, that cant differ too much in what people think?
Fearo
6/5/2012 7:06am
The proven frame is bigger than the o-frame. I'd say it's about the same as the crowbar. I like the Proven way better because the frame is a lot more flexible (like the O-frame) than the Crowbar. The Crowbar frame is very rigid which is good if it matches the shape of your face perfectly but otherwise the Proven fits a lot better in my opinion.

The Shop

Hman144
Fantasy
713th
6/5/2012 7:13am
Ah, Sweden. Didn't catch that.

Okay, new plan.

Move to USA. Then see above.

H
6/5/2012 7:29am
Crowbar frame and O-Frame are pretty much the same size, it's just the extra "wings" on the Crowbar that make them look bigger. O-Frame tearoffs almost fit crowbars so the lense is just a smidge bigger like 1 millimeter or so on the Crowbar.
mmcmx
6/5/2012 12:52pm
I'd say that the proven is smaller but I prefer the proven.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/5/2012 1:11pm
i have run both, and prefer the proven, they are a bit bigger than the o-frame, and also i am not a big fan of the crowbars outer wings as they do not seem to seal dust as well,

only problem I have with the proven's is getting roll off lenses,
dehner47
6/5/2012 2:42pm
buy one of each, try em out. then send back the one ya dont like and order a fuck ton of the one ya want. dealer wont be upset since you buying a bunch of goggles at once
cmess77
6/5/2012 3:34pm
I'm an Oakley nut, and the exterior of the framer of the Proven is going to be bigger than the O Frame, yet still a little smaller than the Crowbar due to the outriggers of the Crowbar. The lens will be essentially the same size as the Crowbar, just more square. The frame will also be more flexible on the Proven. I sense a big difference between the outrigger styles and the not outrigger styles, and prefer the prior, however you can't know for yourself until trying them. If I had to say though, I think you would like the Proven's just fine.

Post a reply to: Oakley Proven VS Oakley Crowbar

The Latest