Oakland Track map

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2022 7:07 PM

Another track with two sets of whoops, which I’m a fan of.
Not a fan of all the 90’ turns though.

A1 has been run and won, bring on round 2!

Photo

|

1/12/2022 7:16 PM

A couple of things I'm curious about:
1) I wonder if an old school 'speed bump' on the start straight would separate the guys a bit off the start, or if it would just move the carnage closer to the gate?
2) I wonder if they'll jump the start straight coming out of the bowl turn inside the sand turn or just do 2 singles?

|

1/12/2022 7:32 PM

Sully wrote:

1) I wonder if an old school 'speed bump' on the start straight would separate the guys ...more

I think that’s going to be made to double

|

1/12/2022 8:28 PM

Friese for FFL. Lock.

|

1/12/2022 8:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2022 8:37 PM

I think so too, as that has been the case in the past.

If my memory serves me right these are eventful obstacles, for example:

Last year ZachO holeshot'ed and was passed by Roczen in this type of doubles over the start straight and on the following lap AC tried to pass him the same way but ZachO parked him and AC couldn't jump and lost time and positions. There were other passes in this section that day.

In 2019, Forkner was chasing Sexton and tried to pass him after jumping a double over the start straight but ended aggravating his knee injury and dropping out of the season.

There are other good examples I know of but can't remember right now. Oakland's track delivers.

|

1/12/2022 8:53 PM

Sully wrote:

1) I wonder if an old school 'speed bump' on the start straight would separate the guys ...more

1) I think the old bump just adds potential for more carnage.
2) It looks like the first and second time they cross the start straight, it’s not set up to double, but the third crossing definitely is. At least by the track map.

|

1/13/2022 7:00 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/13/2022 7:04 AM

that sand section is going to be fun.

|

The Journey is the Destination

1/13/2022 7:29 AM

Photo
|

1/13/2022 8:30 AM

I dont see the double out of the sand being possible, but I've been wrong quite a few times

Photo
Also hoping the holeshot signage isn't here to open up more options. Could potentially land on or over the table

|

1/13/2022 9:59 AM

Shenzi wrote:

that sand section is going to be fun.

I hope that is Sarcastic? Sand And Rhythm sections don't belong on the same track

|

1/13/2022 10:25 AM

Are they going to add a triple or leave it without one?

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

1/13/2022 10:34 AM

USA wrote:

No triple but i guess the double across the start is the same length or more

|

1/13/2022 10:41 AM

USA wrote:

gt757 wrote:

Yeah, I agree that it looks that way. Pretty cool if so, I can't remember the last time there wasn't a standard triple, although a part of me thinks it wasn't that long ago

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

1/13/2022 10:58 AM

Another track where the field will be stretched out by 20 seconds in the first lap.

|

1/13/2022 11:10 AM

The two big doubles are cool if they end up being anything like the ones a couple years ago.

|

1/13/2022 1:53 PM

Some old skool garage art for you Oakland / Nor Cal folks. Would like to find one from the Coliseum!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154671923651?hash=item24032a41c3:g:-dYAAOSwVTJheXlR

Photo
|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/13/2022 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2022 1:57 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo

Say hello to jumpers. Interesting race ahead.

|

1/13/2022 4:21 PM

USA wrote:

gt757 wrote:

USA wrote:

Yeah, I agree that it looks that way. Pretty cool if so, I can't remember the last time there wasn't a standard triple, ...more

I think they did it at a race in 2019. If memory serves me correctly they had 2 doubles across the start straight that were the same 65 feet as the triples.

|

1/14/2022 9:20 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

1/14/2022 9:27 AM

chasetwo79 wrote:

I think they did it at a race in 2019. If memory serves me correctly they had 2 doubles across the start straight that were ...more

There was supposed to be a double across the start at Giants stadium in 2019 but it was too long and ended up being single single. That's where forkner ended his season, right in front of where I was sitting.

|

1/14/2022 10:33 AM

USA wrote:

Yeah, I agree that it looks that way. Pretty cool if so, I can't remember the last time there wasn't a standard triple, ...more

chasetwo79 wrote:

I think they did it at a race in 2019. If memory serves me correctly they had 2 doubles across the start straight that were ...more

early wrote:

There was supposed to be a double across the start at Giants stadium in 2019 but it was too long and ended up being single ...more

I remember that. I think they should have left it as a double tho. If I remember correctly, which often isn't the case, it was a double for press day and the 450's were having to push to get over it and the 250s had no shot. Would of been cool to see who had the balls to do it during the race.

|

1/14/2022 10:35 AM

Photo
Photo

I am trying to figure out where that double on the last pic is on the track map. Can someone help me out.

|

1/14/2022 10:46 AM

LouisianaMotocross wrote:

I remember that. I think they should have left it as a double tho. If I remember correctly, which often isn't the case, it was ...more

It was also very windy that day which have caused a track change.

|

1/14/2022 11:08 AM

Photo
Photo

I am trying to figure out where that double on the last pic is on the track map. Can someone help me out.

Photo
|

1/14/2022 12:14 PM

Kenny going for the Mario look?

|

1/14/2022 1:00 PM

Photo
Photo

I thought that originally, but I think you would see the start or whoops in the pic.

|

1/14/2022 5:45 PM

Photo
|

1/14/2022 5:53 PM

Lookin like a great track... in that old dump of a stadium.

|

1/14/2022 5:58 PM

Will much sand get dragged onto the start straight? Would make that left side much less favorable.

|