Oakland Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

Related:
CPR
2/1/2020 10:29pm
Some of you may want to slow down on the Webb on fire talk.
Fact is Roczen dropped the anchor last lap for whatever reason and that made it look like Webb was hauling when he was just maintaining his speed.
jeffro503
2/1/2020 11:25pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Webb has a 250 outdoor title, I think that carries more weight then that world title.
In MX it most definitely does........but we are talking about SX here. AND.....Cooper also has two MX 250 titles. So your point is kinda moot at this point , don't you think? Both champions in their respected series. Why down play one , and not the other?

Point is.......everyone can cheer on their favorite rider , but why the need to slam another rider , while trying to make your favorite , look the best?
Crush
2/1/2020 11:28pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Webb has a 250 outdoor title, I think that carries more weight then that world title.
jeffro503 wrote:
In MX it most definitely does........but we are talking about SX here. AND.....Cooper also has two MX 250 titles. So your point is kinda moot at...
In MX it most definitely does........but we are talking about SX here. AND.....Cooper also has two MX 250 titles. So your point is kinda moot at this point , don't you think? Both champions in their respected series. Why down play one , and not the other?

Point is.......everyone can cheer on their favorite rider , but why the need to slam another rider , while trying to make your favorite , look the best?
250 world and 250 ama Mx title are about as equal, as can be, same with 450 GP and AMA
gregyou
2/1/2020 11:54pm
Bud I’m gonna say it. That was fitness and nothing less. If it was a triple Crown Kenny had it but webb ran him down. Sorry
1down5up wrote:
you all realize kenny is in week 2 of a flu.his performance tonight was above expectations ! his flu started the thursday before triple crown.
Yes sir I heard the rumor Kenny was sick all week. You realize Kenny’s my guy. I been rooting for him since he was in the...
Yes sir I heard the rumor Kenny was sick all week. You realize Kenny’s my guy. I been rooting for him since he was in the GPs. Just saying tonight fitness “flu” was the reason.
Kenny sick ? So what was the excuse when tomac ran him down when he got the hole shot and tomac started in 10th?
Always excuses with roczen

The Shop

teamddr
2/2/2020 2:05am
CPR wrote:
Some of you may want to slow down on the Webb on fire talk. Fact is Roczen dropped the anchor last lap for whatever reason and...
Some of you may want to slow down on the Webb on fire talk.
Fact is Roczen dropped the anchor last lap for whatever reason and that made it look like Webb was hauling when he was just maintaining his speed.
That’s my take on it
teamddr
2/2/2020 2:12am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 2:36am
mxjon454 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
In MX it most definitely does........but we are talking about SX here. AND.....Cooper also has two MX 250 titles. So your point is kinda moot at...

Don’t think he’s trying to slam a particular rider but just devalue the world championship
Anyway I stayed up way past bedtime to catch the SX and it didn’t disappoint
My take on it

Eli showed some character last night and dug deep
KR still might have some stamina’s issues
( sorry guys Webb had nothing for him to he blew up 3 laps from home )
What Ferandis had to listen to last night was out of order

Lastly every race was fantastic entertainment
2/2/2020 2:48am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 2:51am
toroP wrote:
Your thoughts on Ken’s 2 National titles?Wink
brapgod69 wrote:
That’s facts, but it’s February and we’re talking about SX.
toroP wrote:
Great point! Who’s the SX points leader?
philG
2/2/2020 5:25am
mxjon454 wrote:
Never go full retard.
KYFHO699
2/2/2020 8:05am
mxjon454 wrote:
Dumbest thing I’ve read on here in a while.
linker48x
2/2/2020 10:16am
it is very interesting to go to the live timing site and look at individual lap times for the 450 race. Roczen ran 58s and 59s then dropped into a series of 1:00s. However, in the last five laps, Roczen gave up five seconds to Cooper, with a 1:02 and his last lap of a 1:04. Webb did not speed up, he simply maintained his pace. There was no beast mode on Webb’s part, instead Roczen slowed down significantly on two bad laps and let him self be caught. The story Of the lap times is really, Cooper maintained his fast pace clear to the end, and Roczen didn’t.
kpiper
2/2/2020 10:19am
1) Except for A1 Eli has been the fastest guy IMO. So it is not surprising that he passed KR twice. The difference was he got a good start. If Eli had his normal 12-15th place start KR would have probably won leading every lap.

2) Cooper Webb is getting back to last year's form after his sickness. Watch for him to start winning again as soon as he starts pulling holeshots. That pass on KR at the end was masterful. KR is probably saying to himself, "How did he do that to me???" (Two years in a row!)

3) Adam will probably win a race soon. Just has to avoid the mistakes. Which is not always easy for him but will happen at some point.

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
2/2/2020 10:24am
Kenny is doing his one week he looks great and one week he looks good. Odd to see him struggle when these tracks break down considering how good he is outdoors. He never looked aggressive or that smooth, but he still landed on the box.
kpiper
2/2/2020 10:38am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 10:45am
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny is doing his one week he looks great and one week he looks good. Odd to see him struggle when these tracks break down considering...
Kenny is doing his one week he looks great and one week he looks good. Odd to see him struggle when these tracks break down considering how good he is outdoors. He never looked aggressive or that smooth, but he still landed on the box.
Almost seems like the late battle with Eli messed him up some allowing CW2 to catch up and surprise him at the end.

Cooper may not win the title as he is pretty far back in points but he is going to a factor Eli and Ken will have to deal with. Still plenty of time for him though if the other two have issues.
Raikzz
2/2/2020 11:05am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 11:06am
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny is doing his one week he looks great and one week he looks good. Odd to see him struggle when these tracks break down considering...
kpiper wrote:
Almost seems like the late battle with Eli messed him up some allowing CW2 to catch up and surprise him at the end. Cooper may not...
Almost seems like the late battle with Eli messed him up some allowing CW2 to catch up and surprise him at the end.

Cooper may not win the title as he is pretty far back in points but he is going to a factor Eli and Ken will have to deal with. Still plenty of time for him though if the other two have issues.
One bad race from either of them and the points are equal again, take a look at 250 class, both Ferrandis and Forkner have had a one bad night, but after Cooper also had some bad luck, all 3 are almost equal again.
hamncheeze
2/2/2020 11:40am
gregyou wrote:
Kenny sick ? So what was the excuse when tomac ran him down when he got the hole shot and tomac started in 10th? Always excuses...
Kenny sick ? So what was the excuse when tomac ran him down when he got the hole shot and tomac started in 10th?
Always excuses with roczen
This has always been my issue with Ken. I have massive respect for him and especially what he's overcome since January 2017. However, once he's back to winning and then doesn't win he often likes to throw an excuse. I remember in the 250 East series in 2012 he was "a bit sick" for 3 months. But for the most part it's the same for all of these guys, they have to build a wall of invincibility around themselves, so that if they have a bad day they can find something else to point to other than just not being good enough. It's a rare bird who just owns it when they have an off night or get punked in the last turn.
kpiper
2/2/2020 4:14pm
hamncheeze wrote:
This has always been my issue with Ken. I have massive respect for him and especially what he's overcome since January 2017. However, once he's back...
This has always been my issue with Ken. I have massive respect for him and especially what he's overcome since January 2017. However, once he's back to winning and then doesn't win he often likes to throw an excuse. I remember in the 250 East series in 2012 he was "a bit sick" for 3 months. But for the most part it's the same for all of these guys, they have to build a wall of invincibility around themselves, so that if they have a bad day they can find something else to point to other than just not being good enough. It's a rare bird who just owns it when they have an off night or get punked in the last turn.
Cooper does seem to own Kenny in SX as far as the mental game. Can't wait to see what happens between them next week. If you recall, a year ago when Webb did this to him in the final turn KR was not the same again for the rest of the season.

I think Webb is mentally tougher than ET or KR.
Crush
2/2/2020 4:51pm
Park Boys wrote:
Seems to correlate with the track surface breaking down... almost like the Honda is better on smoother/hardpack shit and not as good when it's rougher...
kpiper
2/2/2020 5:18pm
Crush wrote:
Seems to correlate with the track surface breaking down... almost like the Honda is better on smoother/hardpack shit and not as good when it's rougher...
Maybe it is the rider liking one surface better than the other instead of the bike? That is what I think.
Crush
2/2/2020 5:45pm
kpiper wrote:
Maybe it is the rider liking one surface better than the other instead of the bike? That is what I think.
I mean, maybe, but they've both done well on either....

And if you wanted to go back – Kenny being German likely rode a lot of hardpack.

Eli's home tracks are sand. We've seen them excel on each... Eli was a bit better in rough stuff on the Honda than the Kawi for a couple years but now seems to have it pretty sorted on both. Washougal to Colorado, or New Jersey/SLC SX to Las Vegas...

Similar we've seen Kenny do well in any, but this year he's done better when the track was less chewed up. St Louis and Glendale didn't break down nearly as much as either Anaheim or Oakland.

Post a reply to: Oakland Supercross - Night Show Bench Racing

The Latest