Oakland Day race...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2018 9:10 AM

Not sure if everyone knows, but Oakland is a day event.
Show starts at 3pm they told us at Glendale, but I can't find the schedule on AMA's site.
Anyone have it?

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

2/1/2018 9:18 AM

Dont have the AMA schedule but wont be on TV until 10pm est. gotta go an entire day without lookin at my phone. Any way to watch it live?

|

2/1/2018 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 9:27 AM

kb228 wrote:

Dont have the AMA schedule but wont be on TV until 10pm est. gotta go an entire day without lookin at my phone. Any way to watch it live?

Race is at 7pm EST on TV.

Edit: Atlanta and Minneapolis are both delayed and will air at 10pm.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/1/2018 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 9:21 AM

kb228 wrote:

It comes on at 7 Est on FS1

|

2/1/2018 9:23 AM

What happened to my thread i posted about this? Guess someone’s feelings were hurt since i asked if It was a day race so they don’t have to deal with gangs and what not during the night in Oakland..

|

2/1/2018 9:38 AM

I think it may have more to do with the weather than crime. Last time I went to the Oakland round I froze my ass off, which is fine by me, but my girlfriend was miserable all night. The Coliseum may not be in a great neighborhood, but the surroundings are mostly industrial, and it is right off the highway. I always take BART (the subway) to get there so it's not like you are dodging bullets.

|

2/1/2018 9:51 AM

race is at 6pm central...im not sure if I agree with this...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/1/2018 9:55 AM

dsmith wrote:

race is at 6pm central...im not sure if I agree with this...

Well Indianapolis is at 6:30pm EST, Boston is at 3pm EST and Salt Lake City is at 5:30 EST. Granted Boston and SLC will air on FOX.

|

2/1/2018 10:10 AM

logan_140 wrote:

What happened to my thread i posted about this? Guess someone’s feelings were hurt since i asked if It was a day race so they don’t have to deal with gangs and what not during the night in Oakland..

No feelings were hurt, but here's a shocker...you can find homeless people and crappy neighborhoods near many of the stadiums on the tour.

Homeless next to A1 and A2? Check.
San Diego? There are tons of urban campers.
There's a history of bike thefts in Atlanta, including the KJSC bikes last year, and AJ Catanzaro's bike a year or two before that.

In short, it got rejected because it's not specific to Oakland.

|

2/1/2018 10:12 AM

Oh, and we'll be posting up our usual photos on IG and FB, and Results Sheet on the homepage here. We're about covering the sport, not worrying about whether there are "spoilers" out there. wink

|

2/1/2018 10:15 AM

...and the schedule...

Photo

|

2/1/2018 10:24 AM

What about the supercross pass, in there is it live?

|

Rather be a racer for a time than a spectator for a lifetime..

2/1/2018 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 10:34 AM

Best thing about it...

From SoCal you can fly in for the race that morning and fly out same day (my flt is 10:35 pm so that I have time to get some House of Nanking before I fly home!)

Nice!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/1/2018 11:21 AM

Shows up as live at 4 PST on Directv here

|

2/1/2018 11:23 AM

If it starts at 4pm pst and it is playing live at 5pm mst and 7pm est wouldn't that be live?

|

2/1/2018 11:27 AM

kb228 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Aren’t those the 2 remaining triple crown races?

|

2/1/2018 11:48 AM

kb228 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Ted722 wrote:

Aren’t those the 2 remaining triple crown races?

Yes, Atlanta and Minneapolis are the two remaining Triple Crown races.

|

2/1/2018 12:01 PM

I like SX under the lights. This will be like a indoor National smile

As far as the crime/gangs. There are not many stadiums in this Country that are in nice areas. Most of the big cities have gang/crime problems. Best to stick close to the stadium and not venture off into the adjoining neighborhoods. Back in the early 70’s we had our van broken into 2 years in a row at the L.A. colosium. We were parked on the side streets. The 3rd year I made sure we went with friends....of course nothing happened to their car

|

2/1/2018 12:14 PM

Pakoyz250f wrote:

What about the supercross pass, in there is it live?

Supercrosslive.tv is showing it starting at 7:00 pm EST.

If the schedule GuyB posted is in Cali timezone that should mean that it'll be live there. I'm possibly messing up with timezones though...

|

2/1/2018 12:44 PM

rpawley wrote:

If it starts at 4pm pst and it is playing live at 5pm mst and 7pm est wouldn't that be live?

This was my thinking too?

|

2/1/2018 1:50 PM

Sandwarrior752 wrote:

Supercrosslive.tv is showing it starting at 7:00 pm EST.

If the schedule GuyB posted is in Cali timezone that should mean that it'll be live there. I'm possibly messing up with timezones though...

Ok thanks dude, first year with the pass. Also do you happen to know if they upload the races right away? And if there are any spoilers ? Thanks in advance

|

Rather be a racer for a time than a spectator for a lifetime..

2/1/2018 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2018 4:27 AM

Early is awesome. Let's have more of these.

|

2/1/2018 6:57 PM

Is two stroke guy still hitting up the races? I was looking forward to watching him practice at Oakland lol.

|

2/1/2018 7:08 PM

logan_140 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

No feelings were hurt, but here's a shocker...you can find homeless people and crappy neighborhoods near many of the stadiums on the tour.

Homeless next to A1 and A2? Check.
San Diego? There are tons of urban campers.
There's a history of bike thefts in Atlanta, including the KJSC bikes last year, and AJ Catanzaro's bike a year or two before that.

In short, it got rejected because it's not specific to Oakland.

Anaheim gets the “Most Homeless Camps” Award...BY FAR.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/1/2018 9:09 PM

I wonder when Feld is going to start dropping ticket prices since the day race is super lame. . . It sucks getting there so early and it's just not the same atmosphere as when the race is at night, hopefully they stop doing this crap next year.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/1/2018 9:14 PM

calcoast wrote:

Is two stroke guy still hitting up the races? I was looking forward to watching him practice at Oakland lol.

I don't think so.

|

2/2/2018 12:05 AM

I was WAY more worried about being harassed by the security/police at Santa Clara (Levis Stadium) than worried about gangs in Oakland. Some of y'all will know what im talking about.

|

2/2/2018 8:16 AM

If you have been in Oakland after dark your a survivor.

|

2/2/2018 8:38 AM

calcoast wrote:

His smoker is for sale, w A kit,. He bought a 450

|

2/2/2018 9:36 AM

calcoast wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

His smoker is for sale, w A kit,. He bought a 450

Is he still racing?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals