2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

4/14/2018 6:59 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

So what is the MXD class?

block75 wrote:

It’s like a development class for those just turning pro instead of the young kids going straight to MX2 or MX1, it used to be ...more

I was thinking maybe it was like the schoolboy class but it doesn't appear to be that way. Intermediate/B class? That's before pro. Looked like they had a decent amount of riders in the class so that's good.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/14/2018 7:04 PM

Well Ferris is looking ominous, Gibbs only about 1.5 back though.
I'm up next after lunch...better go and have another crap! Nothing like race day to give you the runs...happens every time!
Looking foward to it, adjusted my forks softer on comp and slower on rebound, hopefully I won't get numb hands and can ride my best for 15 mins...

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

4/14/2018 7:13 PM

Mettcalfe working hard on Mosig for third
Photo

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

4/14/2018 7:14 PM

Good luck man enjoy the day

|

4/14/2018 7:21 PM

Great start to the season for Ferris

|

4/14/2018 8:57 PM

I rode like a goose ! Got a reasonable start then my hands were totally numb before the fourth corner!
Tendinitis in my shoulders cutting off the circulation as usual...forks were beating me to death also.
Sure is rough out there now.
Would love to try well set up suspension...but how do you get it set up for race conditions like this when you can never get to practice on any rough tracks anywhere... Oh well, had fun anyway

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

4/14/2018 9:43 PM

Arron Tanti rode good to get the mx 2 overall, two big holeshots, Hamish Harwood second on the KTM two stroke ( I think he's second )
Ferris leads in mx 1 now, Gibbs second. Track is super rough now

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2017 YZ 250
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

4/14/2018 11:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Any of those kids have a shot at the GP's or AMA?

I doubt it. Seams most of the young aussie guys are content with racing in aus. I dont see any teams overseas going for them and I doubt they want to spend their own money for a gamble. Even chad has commented before that doesn't see many guys who have the drive and desire to go over seas.

Gibbs and ferris would both do well in ama nationals. Todd waters will be good over there this year should be top 10.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

4/14/2018 11:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2018 11:57 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

I doubt it. Seams most of the young aussie guys are content with racing in aus. I dont see any teams overseas going for them ...more

We had an Australian come race in Canada 2 years ago for FXR but I can't remember his name. I know he got hurt and went back home. I know he's an Australian champ in either MX or SX. I'd have to look it up.

I get them not spending their own money to travel over seas and chase the dream. You guys are far away and that alone isn't cheap.

Edit: I'm not talking about Metcalfe.

|

4/14/2018 11:58 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

We had an Australian come race in Canada 2 years ago for FXR but I can't remember his name. I know he got hurt and went back ...more

Not to mention there is pretty much fuck all money and support here.

|

4/15/2018 12:05 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I doubt it. Seams most of the young aussie guys are content with racing in aus. I dont see any teams overseas going for them ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

We had an Australian come race in Canada 2 years ago for FXR but I can't remember his name. I know he got hurt and went back ...more

Geran Stapleton

|

4/15/2018 12:09 AM

kevin204 wrote:

Geran Stapleton

Thanks. That's the one. I knew he had an odd name lol.

|

4/15/2018 12:10 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

And thats the attitude im talking about. Its such a sad thing to see people settle instead of strive.

Majority of guys in aus are going to have to work the rest of their life once their career is over. To me why not have a real crack at it overseas instead of being left to wonder what if.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

4/15/2018 12:14 AM

And thats the attitude im talking about. Its such a sad thing to see people settle instead of strive.

Majority of guys in aus ...more

It was crazy when Danny Ham was serving me behind the parts counter at Greame Boyd's shop just after he lost his ride with Silkolene Suzuki.unsure

|

4/15/2018 12:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 12:29 AM

its big time money to go race the GP's or US Nationals buy yourself, probably australian 50K minimum to do those series now,
get paid to race in aussie, or go spend your own money to chase a dream on inferior equipment, its not hard to see why the top aussies stay home,

|

4/15/2018 12:48 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Any of you fuggers (Aussies) remember Nathan Crawford from back in the late '90s early 2000's?

Yep, used to race him in the SE QLD and Sunshine State Series. When I say race I mean I lined up on the grid with him, that was about it

|

4/15/2018 12:48 AM

scott_nz wrote:

its big time money to go race the GP's or US Nationals buy yourself, probably australian 50K minimum to do those series now,
...more

Yep and I also think it's a bit unfair to compare anyone's drive to Reed haha that's a once in a lifetime!
And for dudes like Ferris who are kinda in no mans land.. Where they're too good to go over and settle for (much) less money and less comfort to chase a dream that they're essentially already living, add in a young family, and the decision to stay on a team you like and a bike you like gets pretty easy..
I hear the feet are getting pretty itchy though haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

4/15/2018 1:04 AM

chump6784 wrote:

Yep, used to race him in the SE QLD and Sunshine State Series. When I say race I mean I lined up on the grid with him, that ...more

laughing I know what you mean... Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Region was quite the hotbed in the mid to late '90s. My first win as a Senior (my first race as senior) in '99 was stolen by Craig friggen Anderson because he wanted to ride his brothers 125 in one of the races at a club day.pinch I still get cut thinking about itlaughing
|

4/15/2018 1:21 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Any of you fuggers (Aussies) remember Nathan Crawford from back in the late '90s early 2000's?

chump6784 wrote:

Yep, used to race him in the SE QLD and Sunshine State Series. When I say race I mean I lined up on the grid with him, that ...more

Man we might've lined up next to each other a couple times too haha although I think you might be a bit younger..
I was racin sunny states in the mid to late '90's!

|

4/15/2018 1:24 AM

jemcee wrote:

Man we might've lined up next to each other a couple times too haha although I think you might be a bit younger..
I was racin ...more

"Sick Mick" Cook won about 30 of them things right?laughing

|

4/15/2018 1:27 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

"Sick Mick" Cook won about 30 of them things right?laughing

Haha yep! He was experience to line up next to.. One time he just stared at me screaming and punching himself in the helmet haha

|

4/15/2018 1:47 AM

I hope husqvarna aus step up and give Caleb ward some factory suspension. Hes still running the production fork/shock but his laptimes were only a second slower than the top 3. Put him on Mosig’s bike and he could run with Ferris. His style suits a 450.

|

4/15/2018 2:36 AM

scott_nz wrote:

...more

It always was big money to go overseas, its not like its suddenly gotten dearer.

inferior equipment is a cop out as most of the aussie guys are on inferior equipment when compared to a US or Gp factory bike. If your good enough you'll make it work just like they all have before you.

|

4/15/2018 2:40 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

chump6784 wrote:

jemcee wrote:

I was racin ...more

Possibly, I'm 34 this year, raced those series mid 90's to 2002. So many fast guys in those classes

|

4/15/2018 2:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 2:51 AM

scott_nz wrote:

...more

It always was big money to go overseas, its not like its suddenly gotten dearer.

inferior equipment is a cop out as most of ...more

But you could say it has gotten dearer as guys aren't really getting rides on talent alone these days..

Ferris will tell you that his team and bike is the best he's been on.. I don't think the teams are as good as we think, in Europe anyway

I'm not really sure what more he and Waters could have done to deserve rides but they got replaced by slower dudes that brought money

|

4/15/2018 2:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 3:06 AM

EZZA 95B wrote: laughing I know what you mean... Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Region was quite the hotbed in the mid to late '90s. My first win as a ...more

I used to race Cessnock Lakes Maitland etc back in the day and It wasn’t uncommon to have guys like Luke George, both Moss bros, Mitch Hoad, Danny Ham, The Anderson Bros, sometimes guys like McCoy, Reardon, Mosig, The Marmonts and that’s just to name a few over the years,

|

4/15/2018 2:52 AM

chump6784 wrote:

Possibly, I'm 34 this year, raced those series mid 90's to 2002. So many fast guys in those classes

Yeah I'm 40 this year (shit)
and fucken oath it was such a strong series.. Good times haha

|

4/15/2018 11:50 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Why so harsh? Chad comments were indeed made, but after those comments kids like Jed Beaton came to Europe and today that kid took his second MX2 podium.

Also Luke Clout went to the AMA and till his broken femur he did pretty solid. If his Candy Dirt Suzuki team not would've signed him for multiply years, when they were a little bit broke... Then he could've and would've waited for a other opportunity in AMA or MXGP series. On the other hand if that team would've kept going he would've had the time till end of 2017 to show his skill.

Kids like Nathan Crawford (stupid he wasted already one season on a 450, when MXGP teams are looking for young fast kids under the 23-year old for the MX2 class) but also Cody Dyce, Jy Roberts, Rhys Budd, ... should be working their butts off because they are pretty good material. And a kid like Beaton proves that working hard is the most important ting to make it oversees.

|

4/15/2018 2:40 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Why so harsh? Chad comments were indeed made, but after those comments kids like Jed Beaton came to Europe and today that kid ...more

Just speaking truth. I said most not all the young guys, A bunch have tried lately and havent had the best luck or had a good team to ride for.

Those young guys also need to try and get some exposure over in the US or GPs if thats what they want. I think dont overseas teams are coming to aus looking for young riders, so the young guys need to make themselves known over there.

|