OZ MX Nationals rd 1 Newry

PJRAUS
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 3:33pm
Not a bad day so far, there might be a shower but not much, very windy though.
Mx 2 first Moto 1 about to begin
|

The Shop

PJRAUS
4/14/2018 5:31pm
Aaron Tanti with a big holeshot, led the whole lap with a good lead then dropped it in a re
Al snotty inside rut after finish line.

Hamish Harwood, Egan Mastin , Jackson Richardson then Cody Dyce who won mxd last year, great young rider!
make1go
4/14/2018 5:32pm
Cool going for a ride, can stop and start watching..
PJRAUS
4/14/2018 5:37pm
I'm running in the 125 gold cup, qualified 14 out of 18, pretty poor effort but my hands went numb as usual for first ride of the day, hope to finish a couple spots higher than that.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/14/2018 5:43pm
Never been to Australia but what's with all the people wearing coats and toques. Is it not always warm down under? The weather doesn't look all that great in the pic above but still. I'm sure it's warmer there than it is here. Currently -1 degree Celsius here.
St Ann More
4/14/2018 5:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Cheers Maverick!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Bookmark the first one. It's the official site of the series.
Done!

Half arsing it, watching during the commercials of SX, decent filler! N.Crawford is flying!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/14/2018 5:54pm
Cheers Maverick!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Bookmark the first one. It's the official site of the series.
Done!

Half arsing it, watching during the commercials of SX, decent filler! N.Crawford is flying!
I can't watch SX until the delayed broadcast so this is perfect in the meantime.

Oh and MX is way better to watch.
PJRAUS
4/14/2018 6:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Never been to Australia but what's with all the people wearing coats and toques. Is it not always warm down under? The weather doesn't look all...
Never been to Australia but what's with all the people wearing coats and toques. Is it not always warm down under? The weather doesn't look all that great in the pic above but still. I'm sure it's warmer there than it is here. Currently -1 degree Celsius here.
Well the weather has been perfect for ages, just turned cold and windy this weekend, the sun is warmish but the wind is strong and very cold.
I drove over the mountains yesterday to get here and it was snowing pretty good!
Didn't sleep a wink last night here at the track, wind was just flapping the hell outta my tent
jemcee
4/14/2018 6:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Never been to Australia but what's with all the people wearing coats and toques. Is it not always warm down under? The weather doesn't look all...
Haha nah not always warm especially down south! Pretty much weather straight off the South pole..
Gets really hot and humid up north close to the tropics

I'm in the middle can get to single digits in winter (celcius) and up around can get up around 40 in summer
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/14/2018 6:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Haha nah not always warm especially down south! Pretty much weather straight off the South pole.. Gets really hot and humid up north close to the...
Haha nah not always warm especially down south! Pretty much weather straight off the South pole..

I'm in the middle can get to single digits in winter (celcius) and up around can get up around 40 in summer
LOL Well, I'll admit that my limited info on Australia all comes from pictures and TV shows and they always paint it like it's a very nice and very warm place to live. Sun, beaches, babes, great barrier reefs, etc. Still looks better than the negative degree Celsius weather we're still getting.

So when does the winter season actually start? Summer is just around the corner up here so I'd imagine fairly soon? I'm not a total idiot as I do know parts of Australia gets snow and that people fly down there to go snowboarding. Is winter still T-Shirt and shorts weather or more like the pic posted above? Depends where you live in Australia?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/14/2018 6:25pm
Any of you fuggers (Aussies) remember Nathan Crawford from back in the late '90s early 2000's?
jemcee
4/14/2018 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2018 6:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Haha nah not always warm especially down south! Pretty much weather straight off the South pole.. Gets really hot and humid up north close to the...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL Well, I'll admit that my limited info on Australia all comes from pictures and TV shows and they always paint it like it's a very...
LOL Well, I'll admit that my limited info on Australia all comes from pictures and TV shows and they always paint it like it's a very nice and very warm place to live. Sun, beaches, babes, great barrier reefs, etc. Still looks better than the negative degree Celsius weather we're still getting.

So when does the winter season actually start? Summer is just around the corner up here so I'd imagine fairly soon? I'm not a total idiot as I do know parts of Australia gets snow and that people fly down there to go snowboarding. Is winter still T-Shirt and shorts weather or more like the pic posted above? Depends where you live in Australia?
Haha well to be fair I assume Canada is just snow, snow bunnies and dudes 'goin oot furrarip' haha

But yes, there is plenty of sun beaches and babes haha

Well it's supposed to be Autumn (Fall) now but it's 30c haha but Winter is June July August and yeah up North never gets that cold really, but yeah down south gets super cold, I'm on the North coast of NSW, near Byron Bay so it does get cold but not really for that long.. Like I used to surf all year round, I mean wore a steamer (full thick wetsuit) and got blue toes in winter but still haha
4/14/2018 6:30pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Any of you fuggers (Aussies) remember Nathan Crawford from back in the late '90s early 2000's?
00 bit of a local hero
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/14/2018 6:35pm
00 bit of a local hero
He was a sick rider... Took me a while to realise there were two Nathan Crawfords, tripped me out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/14/2018 6:38pm
jemcee wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL Well, I'll admit that my limited info on Australia all comes from pictures and TV shows and they always paint it like it's a very...

jemcee wrote:
Haha well to be fair I assume Canada is just snow, snow bunnies and dudes 'goin oot furrarip' haha But yes, there is plenty of sun...
Haha well to be fair I assume Canada is just snow, snow bunnies and dudes 'goin oot furrarip' haha

But yes, there is plenty of sun beaches and babes haha

Well it's supposed to be Autumn (Fall) now but it's 30c haha but Winter is June July August and yeah up North never gets that cold really, but yeah down south gets super cold, I'm on the North coast of NSW, near Byron Bay so it does get cold but not really for that long.. Like I used to surf all year round, I mean wore a steamer (full thick wetsuit) and got blue toes in winter but still haha
Well at least you didn't mention igloo's lol. Also, define super cold? Is super cold -30/-40C? doubt it but never know. That's what we call super cold. It's actually not all that bad if there's no humidity but that's rarely the case out East.
PJRAUS
4/14/2018 6:40pm
Mxd first Moto, Callum Norton, Bailey Malkiewiz, Brodie Ellis across the line but all penalised for not slowing for a Red Cross flag, they did charge right past it in a manner we were warned not to do...thought they might get pinged.
So on adjusted time penalty, winner is Morgan Fogharty, Callum Norton, Riley Dukes
jemcee
4/14/2018 6:42pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Man I was kinda mates with him haha he used to be mates with a real good mate of mine so we were kinda mates by proxy haha like we'd hang out and talk and shit but only if Ron was there haha
PJRAUS
4/14/2018 6:45pm
Mx 1 is up, top qualifier Mitch Evans by 2 secs over Brett Metcalfe, Kirk Gibbs, Dean Ferris and Luke Clout
jemcee
4/14/2018 6:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well at least you didn't mention igloo's lol. Also, define super cold? Is super cold -30/-40C? doubt it but never know. That's what we call super...
Well at least you didn't mention igloo's lol. Also, define super cold? Is super cold -30/-40C? doubt it but never know. That's what we call super cold. It's actually not all that bad if there's no humidity but that's rarely the case out East.
haha ah well yep just checked and yeah the real cold days are around there but it's like a shit dry windy cold like no snow just dickhead cold haha but maybe someone from down there can answer that question better
4/14/2018 6:47pm
00 bit of a local hero
EZZA 95B wrote:
He was a sick rider... Took me a while to realise there were two Nathan Crawfords, tripped me out.
Yeah, I remember watching Nathan,back in the day, tough as nails racer. He works for Husqvarna Australia now.
PJRAUS
4/14/2018 6:52pm
Mxd is under 19's.
Kade Mosig leads first lap then passed in quick order by Ferris and Gibbs

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/14/2018 6:55pm
Any of those kids have a shot at the GP's or AMA?
block75
4/14/2018 6:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So what is the MXD class?
It’s like a development class for those just turning pro instead of the young kids going straight to MX2 or MX1, it used to be an Under 19s class but they changed the name to MXD. Some like 17 year old Cody Dice and Jye Roberts did last year in that class and now race the MX2.

Post a reply to: OZ MX Nationals rd 1 Newry

The Latest