Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:47pm
the stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me Smile

|
oldx
11/30/2009 10:41am
Quadtard
user760a
11/30/2009 10:41am
wow that was awesome!!! If you just add lots of beer and subtract the helmet, you have got the typical ATV rider in my area

The Shop

ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
11/30/2009 11:17am
Why did he let off the gas? He might have come a few inches closer.
Camp332
11/30/2009 11:31am
Dude.... He so had that!!
newmann
11/30/2009 11:32am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
This is my favorite. Quadtarded!

newmann
11/30/2009 11:33am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
Next!

jeffro503
11/30/2009 11:44am
OMG these are great!

Short story........

When i ran the Hindsight MX indoor areacross track up here in Oregon , we didn't allow quads for the first year or so , because they destroy the track and only made up about 1% of the actual people who wanted to ride there.

A group of these quad guys came in and asked for 1 night a week to be able to just ride their own class on the same night as the bikes. So i picked a slow night ( i think it was Wednesday?).

Anyways , Wednesday evening came rolling around and 9 quad guys show up. They started riding at about 5:00pm and before 9:00PM rolled around 7 out of 9 guys couldn't ride any more due to injuries. 3 OF THEM were taken out in an ambulance one at a time!

I stopped the quads coming in there for about 6 months , and then we let them have their own practice night during the summer. It seemed like almost every single quad night , there was at least one ambulance trip out of there.
XBUTCHX
11/30/2009 11:54am
Those are awesome. The guy in peelout's vid would have made that, if he would have stayed on the gas.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
11/30/2009 12:00pm
newmann wrote:
This is my favorite. Quadtarded!

He slightly miscalculated his trajectory and speed on that one.
Hank_Thrill
11/30/2009 12:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
OMG these are great! Short story........ When i ran the Hindsight MX indoor areacross track up here in Oregon , we didn't allow quads for the...
OMG these are great!

Short story........

When i ran the Hindsight MX indoor areacross track up here in Oregon , we didn't allow quads for the first year or so , because they destroy the track and only made up about 1% of the actual people who wanted to ride there.

A group of these quad guys came in and asked for 1 night a week to be able to just ride their own class on the same night as the bikes. So i picked a slow night ( i think it was Wednesday?).

Anyways , Wednesday evening came rolling around and 9 quad guys show up. They started riding at about 5:00pm and before 9:00PM rolled around 7 out of 9 guys couldn't ride any more due to injuries. 3 OF THEM were taken out in an ambulance one at a time!

I stopped the quads coming in there for about 6 months , and then we let them have their own practice night during the summer. It seemed like almost every single quad night , there was at least one ambulance trip out of there.
Though I feel compassion for those who suffered at your arena; that was a fantastic story!

I wish I had a camera, because there was a indoor race in Oklahoma last Feb. where a quad class got to race. I swear one guy looked drunker than a skunk. I doubt he was, but his body was just sloshing around all over the place going through the turns, and over the obstacles. He crashing multiple times a lap, and just going for it.
11/30/2009 12:22pm
jeffro503 wrote:
OMG these are great! Short story........ When i ran the Hindsight MX indoor areacross track up here in Oregon , we didn't allow quads for the...
OMG these are great!

Short story........

in my opinion

1. quads are for lesser skilled people that are unable to attack a mx track and hit 50% of the jumps (yes there are exceptions but only about 1% from what ive seen besides pro's)

2. they are not designed for that tight of racing

3. indoors especially if you land off axis you most likely are not going to enjoy the next 2-3 jumps if you make it that far

4. most people on bikes have a hard enough time controlling themselves indoors

i really don't think they should be allowed indoors for insurance reasons I am not surprised at your quota for injured couch jockeys either

jeffro503
11/30/2009 12:23pm
You know I have two more short little stories here if you liked that one.

!st : this one dude on a quad came in one night , with helmet , boots and gloves , wearing jeans and a flannel. After a while he started getting brave and decided to double into the big triple. Every time ( i mean EVERY TIME) he did it , it was either a little long or a little short....and coming off the third part ( landing) he was either going over the bars from the impact or whiskey throttle. Funny as hell. But get this........He got brave enough ( not really.....just stupid) and decided he was going to attempt the triple. HAHA!!.....well , he did try it! he came up just a tad short , but it didn't matter because he was standing the quad strait up and down with the front wheels pointing towards the ceiling , and when he hit....it was by far the best "Flying W" i have ever witnessed to this day! He must of been 15' in the air "after" the impact! He and a few friends loaded up the quad and left after that. He didn't get an ambulance ride.....but i know he was hurting!

2nd : another idiot came in there and was actually riding pretty fast for a quad on an arenacross track. He was clearing everything except a big triple i had in there. In this one timing section i had built , the bike were doing a double-triple-double. It was my own fault for placing it where i had placed it , but i didn't think about that until after he did what he did. He came into that timing section and was out of shape from the get go. By the time he came to the end of it ( right at my flag tower!) The quad was upside down and about 10' in the air coming right at me! I friggin' DOVE off that tower like WWF Jimmy "superfly" Snuka getting ready for a body slam! before i even hit the ground , i heard the quad completely destroy my flag tower and end up on the concrete floor outside the cage. Scared the living hell out of me!

Talked to the owners very next morning , and i banned those friggin' quads from ever riding in there again......at least as long as i was on duty!
Hank_Thrill
11/30/2009 12:43pm
Holy crap!!!!!!!

1) I wish I could have seen that guys wreck.

2) I'm glad you made it out of that tower!

I'm really fascinated by the people who do that sort of stupid stuff. I guess it's just social/psychology in action. Maybe the males with little skill just feel like huge wusses inside, watching everyone with skill. Maybe they confused the two, and just try to prove themselves by going big. All it takes is holding the throttle down, unfortunately. I really have no idea, but I wish I could figure it out. Last time i went riding, one of my friends who just started saw me and another guy hit a decent sized step up. I guess my friend Chantz felt like a wuss, so he just went for it, even though I've advised him a million times not to do anything you're uncomfortable with, but he went for it, cased the hell out of it, and shot up in the air off the back of the bike. He jacked up his wrist, but other than that, was okay.
ocscottie
11/30/2009 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
How about the one of the kid who set up his camera to film himself, goes fully OTB and lays there moaning...its a classic.

Found it:

brlatm
11/30/2009 1:13pm
ocscottie wrote:
How about the one of the kid who set up his camera to film himself, goes fully OTB and lays there moaning...its a classic.

Found it:

I wonder if he got any chick sympathy off that little charade?
jeffro503
11/30/2009 1:43pm
ocscottie wrote:

Found it:

HAHA!! That's a classic Scottie! I'll tell ya , if you can find it some where ( it's non-moto) there is another clip from that show that made me laugh so hard i couldn't walk.

It was some long haired douche' bag (looked like a methed out David Lee Roth) that video taped his own stunts , and he was like a small time radio disk jockey or something. He stood up a 20' ext ladder next to a pool and bungee corded the bottom and was going to jump from the top. When he leaped , the ladder flexed the bungee cords and he fell strait down about 20 feet onto the concrete. the moaning sounds that guy made were classic.......total dumbass!

Hank.......I'm glad i made it out of that tower as well! Would have been ugly for me for sure! And that other wreck....i could have made money with that one.....Best super huge flying W ever!

Honestly , after running that track for 3-1/2 years , i don't think a war veteran has anything on me. I have seen some stuff in there happen to people that was like watching a surgery channel. I taught kids and adults about the in's and outs of racing and riding. And i really got close to a lot of the kids.....i friggin' loved them all! I got burned out on the actual injuries , not so much the sport. But it made me walk away from the sport for a couple years. I was getting calls from some of the kids up to about a year after i left , wanting me to come back. Jay Whipple was holding his classes in there as well. I never did go back , but after a about a 1-1/2 years it closed down due to the economy and lack of construction. It was owned by my friend who owned a big construction business and land developing gig.
TerryK
11/30/2009 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
Love quadtard crashes.

TerryK
11/30/2009 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:12pm
Titan
11/30/2009 4:29pm
I HATE watching people crash...bikes, quads, whatever...it just isn't enjoyable for me...must be my old age.

Having said that...there was a time (much younger) when I thought it was totally AWESOME to watch people break themselves...so carry on.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
11/30/2009 4:32pm
Those were awesome!!! I was leaning and moving trying to help them out, but it didn't work.
rpk191
11/30/2009 5:16pm
i have to say i have no problem ridding my quad indoors. but i guess i make up the 1% that can jump everything on a arena cross track. and do it safely.

but i bet most of these videos had a 12 pack of PBR involved.
PC
11/30/2009 5:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know I have two more short little stories here if you liked that one. !st : this one dude on a quad came in one...

!st : this one dude on a quad came in one night , with helmet , boots and gloves , wearing jeans and a flannel. After a while he started getting brave and decided to double into the big triple. Every time ( i mean EVERY TIME) he did it , it was either a little long or a little short....and coming off the third part ( landing) he was either going over the bars from the impact or whiskey throttle. Funny as hell. But get this........He got brave enough ( not really.....just stupid) and decided he was going to attempt the triple. HAHA!!.....well , he did try it! he came up just a tad short , but it didn't matter because he was standing the quad strait up and down with the front wheels pointing towards the ceiling , and when he hit....it was by far the best "Flying W" i have ever witnessed to this day! He must of been 15' in the air "after" the impact! He and a few friends loaded up the quad and left after that. He didn't get an ambulance ride.....but i know he was hurting!

2nd : another idiot came in there and was actually riding pretty fast for a quad on an arenacross track. He was clearing everything except a big triple i had in there. In this one timing section i had built , the bike were doing a double-triple-double. It was my own fault for placing it where i had placed it , but i didn't think about that until after he did what he did. He came into that timing section and was out of shape from the get go. By the time he came to the end of it ( right at my flag tower!) The quad was upside down and about 10' in the air coming right at me! I friggin' DOVE off that tower like WWF Jimmy "superfly" Snuka getting ready for a body slam! before i even hit the ground , i heard the quad completely destroy my flag tower and end up on the concrete floor outside the cage. Scared the living hell out of me!

Talked to the owners very next morning , and i banned those friggin' quads from ever riding in there again......at least as long as i was on duty!
I'm glad you didn't tell the story of the guy on a YZ250 who crashed in the whoops, took out a few hay bales, broke his collarbone, thumb and 3 ribs. How embarrassing for that guy....

BTW, my thumb still hurts.

Damn you Hindsight!!!!!

No ambulance ride here though.... I caught a ride in a Dodge Ram with the worst suspension ever. I think I broke another rib on the ride to St. Vincents.

I kinda miss that place. Loud, smokey, kids jumping over my head.... good times!

txmxer
11/30/2009 5:46pm
Titan wrote:
I HATE watching people crash...bikes, quads, whatever...it just isn't enjoyable for me...must be my old age. Having said that...there was a time (much younger) when I...
I HATE watching people crash...bikes, quads, whatever...it just isn't enjoyable for me...must be my old age.

Having said that...there was a time (much younger) when I thought it was totally AWESOME to watch people break themselves...so carry on.
gotta agree with you Titan. Even seeing quadtards get jacked isn't fun. But, it is hard to turn away.
iro
11/30/2009 6:38pm
peelout719 wrote:

LOL that was shot down the road from me. Quadtards come from all over to ride there and ruined it for a lot of people. Some really bad ass tracks there.
FIFIFO
11/30/2009 6:50pm
peelout719 wrote:

iro wrote:
LOL that was shot down the road from me. Quadtards come from all over to ride there and ruined it for a lot of people. Some...
LOL that was shot down the road from me. Quadtards come from all over to ride there and ruined it for a lot of people. Some really bad ass tracks there.
J, that place is in NJ??
jeffro503
11/30/2009 7:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know I have two more short little stories here if you liked that one. !st : this one dude on a quad came in one...

PC wrote:
I'm glad you didn't tell the story of the guy on a YZ250 who crashed in the whoops, took out a few hay bales, broke his...
I'm glad you didn't tell the story of the guy on a YZ250 who crashed in the whoops, took out a few hay bales, broke his collarbone, thumb and 3 ribs. How embarrassing for that guy....

BTW, my thumb still hurts.

Damn you Hindsight!!!!!

No ambulance ride here though.... I caught a ride in a Dodge Ram with the worst suspension ever. I think I broke another rib on the ride to St. Vincents.

I kinda miss that place. Loud, smokey, kids jumping over my head.... good times!

Hey PC....

Yep good times man , good times! When you mentioned the YZ250 crash , i must have missed that one ( was i there?), but saw another guy on a YZ250 that had about a 12 second ride that ended tragically! He left the start gate , was riding like a complete fool and about wrecked 2-3 different times...........then he got to the whoops!

Hit first one , launched about 3-4 in.....landed on his stomach and rode that sucker 2nd gear pinned all the way through the whoops , through the hay bales , through the fence and smacked into the office walls! I had to hold the fence up for about 20 minutes while the paramedics worked on his compounded femur. About a 140lb guy that had one femur that looked like two basketballs were stuck in his riding pants.

Yep....he was another guy who never came back. BTW PC....what number did you have on your bike?

Post a reply to: OT : quad crash

The Latest