OT: inspirational vid of the day...just watch.

ocscottie
8/8/2012 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2012 1:41am
|
DL
8/8/2012 3:40pm
Amazing!
MX45
8/8/2012 3:52pm
Hey Scottie, you asked me a while ago if I got phantom pains, but the thread got old and I just let it be.
Well I'm suddenly reminded that yes, yes I do. lol
ocscottie
8/8/2012 3:59pm
Sucks ass doesnt it? ever want to just take a chainsaw to your legs? Woohoo

Hopefully as you get older and time goes by they dont worsen as they have for me. Somedays are almost unbearable.
Hank_Thrill
8/8/2012 5:56pm
"I'm on a wheelchair, not in a wheelchair."

Brilliant!

The Shop

ocscottie
8/8/2012 6:19pm
"I'm on a wheelchair, not in a wheelchair."

Brilliant!
Great quote, and reminded me of a funny story. At a race i had just finished the 1st moto in my Pilot, had one of the best races of my life, won by 25+sec, so im sitting in my pit area talking w/ my mechanic and this lady comes walking up, sees me and stops dead in her tracks, she slowly approaches and says, "can i ask a personal question? how does your wheelchair fit inside there (pointing at my Pilot)"

It was all i could do to not bust up laughing, guess she thought my chair was bolted to my ass lol When i explained it to her we shared a little laugh and she apologized, just never had had experience around someone in a chair before.

Ill still never forget that one as long as i live Smile
jemcee
8/8/2012 9:50pm
that handplant was sick haha

some of those landings were so harsh..

on the phantom pains I take a drug 4 times daily called Gabapentin which keep them well under control but if I miss one or am late taking them I cop them at night in bed but my pains feel like my cock and balls are tucked under my arse (ass) and I'm laying on them haha or sometimes like I've got a chronic wedgie.. but sometimes I feel like my legs are falling off the bed or that they are dragging through the sheets and it's super weird...
ocscottie
8/11/2012 1:38am
Hey Johnny, shit i never saw your reply, i must of hit the sack and by the time i woke up, it was off the frnt page.

I have tried like every freakin med under the sun for the phantom / nerve pains and every single one of them gives me gnarly side affects by the time i reach i high enough dosage for them to make a dent in the pains. So frustrating! Like i told Mike, i hope they dont get worse for you guys as you get older. Mine were real bad while in the hospital, and sorta went away for many years, but the last 10yrs or so they have progressively gotten worse.

Do you ever smoke pot? man i used to be a loadie! now i cant even take a single hit w/o being in so much pain i want to put a hole in my head w/ a .45! Its like once i get bakes my mind can no longer block those signals.
MyloFMX
8/11/2012 10:45pm
Being in a wheelchair for the past 6 weeks definitely makes me appreciate what I have. Watching this video makes me appreciate being able to walk and like Bob Burnquist said, if I had to be in Wheel's situation, I only hope to be as positive as him. 1 event I do every year is the Loma Linda Children's Hospital demo. I'm glad to do that not only for the kid's but for myself to really think about how great I have it and how hard those kids have it.

Thanks for posting this Scottie!
jemcee
8/11/2012 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2012 6:14am
ocscottie wrote:
Hey Johnny, shit i never saw your reply, i must of hit the sack and by the time i woke up, it was off the frnt...
Hey Johnny, shit i never saw your reply, i must of hit the sack and by the time i woke up, it was off the frnt page.

I have tried like every freakin med under the sun for the phantom / nerve pains and every single one of them gives me gnarly side affects by the time i reach i high enough dosage for them to make a dent in the pains. So frustrating! Like i told Mike, i hope they dont get worse for you guys as you get older. Mine were real bad while in the hospital, and sorta went away for many years, but the last 10yrs or so they have progressively gotten worse.

Do you ever smoke pot? man i used to be a loadie! now i cant even take a single hit w/o being in so much pain i want to put a hole in my head w/ a .45! Its like once i get bakes my mind can no longer block those signals.
haha hey man I thought I must've said something to offend you haha

man that sucks cause like I said I don't get them often but when I do they suck the dong and I can't imagine how frustrating that is for ya

yeah I do, not heaps though none of my mates are keen anymore haha but I've got a couple that will come over and we'll get stuck into a couple of sneaky joints I've got some real good bush shit and ya just laugh ya arse off haha but I do sometimes feel like my chair is movin when it's not
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
8/11/2012 11:13pm
Got the Chance to have a quick Chat with Aaron when Nitro came to Adelaide during their Australian tour.

One of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Chatted for a few minutes in the hall way back stage just before the show was about to start.

To then watch what he can do was unbelievable, so talented, and he was not lying when he said he does not take failure well. Both nights he crashed the first attempt at the front flip. On both nights they carried him straight back up the Mega ramp for another attempt.

Inspirational for sure.
Big
8/12/2012 1:41am
I never moan about working monday morning.......Ever! I have a dear friend in...on a wheelchair (SX) that had to do a shouldersurgery. Did the surgery and for nearly 2 months he only had 1 functional arm. And you guys know the toiletdeal can be pretty gnarly, transportation etc. After that he was so happy to be able to move in........on a wheelie again! For him he was back ready to rock as usual. I'm a big fan of him as you understand and he makes me think about and appreciate life much more. Same when i read you wheelieguys storys. Whats the problems if you are healty? Nothing, absolute nothing all....

Post a reply to: OT: inspirational vid of the day...just watch.

The Latest