OMG, the pits will be full of generators!!

AgileMike
If everyone buys an electric dirt bike, the pits will be a madness of loud generators!! Or maybe they won't...

1. https://www.motor1.com/news/556015/ford-vehicle-to-vehicle-charging/
2. https://electrek.co/2021/04/27/tesla-power-all-superchargers-with-renew…

I realize not both visions are not here yet, but they will be by the time electric dirt bikes dominate the pits.
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/5/2022 12:26pm
That is more likely to be a possibility at some outdoor races.
All the semis already have generators running all day.
Crash217
1/5/2022 12:35pm
If it means fewer tracks closing due to noise complaints, I'll take 100 72dB invertor generators purring away and various other options of charging via the truck and some solar panels, over 20 450s brapping along at 100+dB.

Plastic Boots, The Scrub, Electric motors.

Progress.

The Shop

murph783
1/5/2022 1:04pm
That is more likely to be a possibility at some outdoor races.
ML512 wrote:
All the semis already have generators running all day.
And most amateur races where people are camping
ccullins
1/5/2022 2:15pm
When Alta was racing Endurocross they had a nice loud generator running for a couple hours behind their vans, Unfortunately that put them in the front of our PITS! After a couple hours I pushed it around to their pits and said it was time for them to listen to it. Amazingly it was turned off pretty quick😂
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
1/5/2022 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2022 3:53pm
I dont care because the pits are huge here and you can stay out away from others. A lot of days at the track in south Florida I have a gen running hooked to an exhaust fan made to put ice in and it rains ice mist over our whole pit area. Come over and complain about the generator at a motocross track and you will end up hanging out there a lot because its amazing. You're welcome.
crf250pilot
1/5/2022 4:21pm
FLmxer wrote:
I dont care because the pits are huge here and you can stay out away from others. A lot of days at the track in south...
I dont care because the pits are huge here and you can stay out away from others. A lot of days at the track in south Florida I have a gen running hooked to an exhaust fan made to put ice in and it rains ice mist over our whole pit area. Come over and complain about the generator at a motocross track and you will end up hanging out there a lot because its amazing. You're welcome.
As I read this “Real men of genius” starts playing in my head.
motomike137
1/5/2022 4:25pm
Sleepless nights in the privateer pits only... but not for the well to do

There's no excuse for people running loud ass generators and there hasn't been for years and years. I bought a quiet Yamaha generator a decade ago.
Crash217
1/6/2022 6:44am

There's no excuse for people running loud ass generators and there hasn't been for years and years. I bought a quiet Yamaha generator a decade ago.
This.

If you can afford a bike, a truck, a trailer, etc etc.. to BE AT THE RACES/TRACK.... You can afford a $500 $1000 Predator generator if not a more expensive name brand.
m21racing
1/6/2022 7:20am
Wen generator/inverter got good reviews. I'll prob get the 2000 linked for shop. Lot cheaper than honda, almost as good from what I saw on tests.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/6/2022 7:33am
Kinda like defeating the objective by doing away with the current bikes and then bringing in Generators to charge the batteries of the electric bikes.

They'll need to introduce plug in points for battery chargers if they are really concerned about pollution.
1/6/2022 8:05am

Are these a Honda engine dressed up in Yamaha clothes?
1/6/2022 8:05am
Boomslang wrote:
Kinda like defeating the objective by doing away with the current bikes and then bringing in Generators to charge the batteries of the electric bikes. They'll...
Kinda like defeating the objective by doing away with the current bikes and then bringing in Generators to charge the batteries of the electric bikes.

They'll need to introduce plug in points for battery chargers if they are really concerned about pollution.
But then the power station has to burn more coal.
mcopsey
1/6/2022 8:45am

Are these a Honda engine dressed up in Yamaha clothes?
They are not, but they are similar. Either one works better than anything else I've seen/been around.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/6/2022 8:54am
Boomslang wrote:
Kinda like defeating the objective by doing away with the current bikes and then bringing in Generators to charge the batteries of the electric bikes. They'll...

Hahaha....sounds like we are in a righteous mess.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
1/6/2022 9:14am
Crash217 wrote:
If it means fewer tracks closing due to noise complaints, I'll take 100 72dB invertor generators purring away and various other options of charging via the...
If it means fewer tracks closing due to noise complaints, I'll take 100 72dB invertor generators purring away and various other options of charging via the truck and some solar panels, over 20 450s brapping along at 100+dB.

Progress.
I'm sticking to my story. The noise isn't the problem. The people complaining are the problem. The people who listen to the complaints and decide they need to make the world some sort of quiet zone and write laws to stop the noise are an even bigger problem. In short, people are the problem. Fuck this new breed of easily bothered humans that think the whole planet is supposed to be a big Leisure World and expect the powers that be to cater to their sheltered little lives.
And Yes, I realize the irony in me complaining about people who complain.... Laughing but that's different haha
gt80rider
1/6/2022 9:18am
the higher/faster the charge rate, the higher the output voltage under load (Meaning, your bike will be faster)... we'll see people charging at 2C, 3C, even 5C... and with a pit filled with 200 bikes, that's a lot of juice.. basically, every track will need enough AC power to charge 50 Teslas, all at once, at max charge rates... that's gonna be fun to watch... LOL
gt80rider
1/6/2022 9:19am
Crash217 wrote:
If it means fewer tracks closing due to noise complaints, I'll take 100 72dB invertor generators purring away and various other options of charging via the...

Progress.
sumdood wrote:
I'm sticking to my story. The noise isn't the problem. The people complaining are the problem. The people who listen to the complaints and decide they...
I'm sticking to my story. The noise isn't the problem. The people complaining are the problem. The people who listen to the complaints and decide they need to make the world some sort of quiet zone and write laws to stop the noise are an even bigger problem. In short, people are the problem. Fuck this new breed of easily bothered humans that think the whole planet is supposed to be a big Leisure World and expect the powers that be to cater to their sheltered little lives.
And Yes, I realize the irony in me complaining about people who complain.... Laughing but that's different haha
absolute silence on the track, but you can't hear your bike over all the generators... LMAO
motomike137
1/6/2022 10:04am
Crash217 wrote:

Progress.
sumdood wrote:
I'm sticking to my story. The noise isn't the problem. The people complaining are the problem. The people who listen to the complaints and decide they...
gt80rider wrote:
absolute silence on the track, but you can't hear your bike over all the generators... LMAO
Time to "sound test" generators!
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
1/6/2022 10:07am
The track I routinely ride at literally has no electric service to it whatsoever. They have a utility generator to run their well pumps and other small necessities to operate the track.

And they are trying their best to make a successful business out of it, even with a pretty healthy turnout. Anyone who has ever operated a track or looked at the books knows that it ain't exactly printing money. And people think MX tracks are going to suddenly get electric service, distribution, and charging hookups installed for everyone. Huh
1/6/2022 11:37am
Boomslang wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
Hahaha....sounds like we are in a righteous mess.
I don’t know how many times it’s been stated but the electric dirtbike wasn’t developed with the environment in mind. It’s all performance oriented with the side benefit of being “greener”

Post a reply to: OMG, the pits will be full of generators!!

The Latest