OLD MOTO PARTS ART

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2017 1:00 AM

What have you made from old moto related parts ? Piston gearshifts ? 250F top end wind chimes ? Lets see your "Art" projects made from old motorcycle parts that you just couldn't get rid of. When my son destroyed the rear wheel on his KTM Pro Jr. we turned it into a picture frame, Yes it's the same rim in the picture. What do you guys got ? Let's see it. I know you hang onto old F-ed parts like they're trophy's or badges of honor. Has any dirt biker in history ever thrown an old piston in the trash ? laughing Lets see em
Photo

|

8/4/2017 4:17 PM

Great topic!
I have a passion for taking old motorcycle/motocross parts and turning them into functional works of art. Feel free to check out my Facebook/instagram page or my website to see more of my work.
www.facebook.com/shawnconnorsdesigns

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/4/2017 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 4:31 PM

Here are the links to my website and instagram, also pictures of two projects I am currently working on.

https://www.instagram.com/shawn_connors_designs/

|

8/4/2017 4:31 PM

I don't like to brag, but I made this kick ass coat rack with an old motorcycle chain...

Photo

|

8/4/2017 5:14 PM

Shawn_Connors_Designs wrote:

Here are the links to my website and instagram, also pictures of two projects I am currently working on.

https://www.instagram.com/shawn_connors_designs/

Great work Shawn!

|

8/4/2017 5:19 PM

Do mtb parts count? If I had 4 works connection clutch lever/perches I would make one out of that for sure...Photo

|

8/4/2017 5:23 PM

The trophies when VDR Northwest first started Vintage Motocross races at the Woodland WA in the early 1990's, (started by Al Pader).

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/4/2017 5:27 PM

Don't forget RC's lawn art:
Photo

|

8/4/2017 7:02 PM

Shawn_Connors_Designs wrote:

Great topic!
I have a passion for taking old motorcycle/motocross parts and turning them into functional works of art. Feel free to check out my Facebook/instagram page or my website to see more of my work.
www.facebook.com/shawnconnorsdesigns

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

That is some cool stuff Shawn!

|

8/4/2017 8:52 PM

I've always wondered, here's a couple things I've done but thought most people here would just poo poo so I never bothered posting something like this.Photo

Photo

|

8/5/2017 12:32 AM

DF313 wrote:

I've always wondered, here's a couple things I've done but thought most people here would just poo poo so I never bothered posting something like this.Photo

Photo

I like the tire shelves ! You guys are making my rusty rim, silicone and fishing string picture frame look weak laughing Keep em coming. I have about 4 or 5 expansion chambers in the rafters I need to do something with. Something, anything, besides throwing them away laughing

|

8/5/2017 5:40 AM

Photo

Not even close to Shawn's level but this is what I got
|

8/5/2017 5:53 AM

Not art, but function. YZ250 piston bottle cap catcher.
Photo

|

8/5/2017 6:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2017 6:22 AM

I bought an 03 CRF450 basket case that was beyond repair. So I got 2 Ikea lamps and made this.

Photo

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/5/2017 7:29 AM

DF313 wrote:

Photo

sumdood wrote:

I like the tire shelves ! You guys are making my rusty rim, silicone and fishing string picture frame look weak laughing Keep em coming. I have about 4 or 5 expansion chambers in the rafters I need to do something with. Something, anything, besides throwing them away laughing

I really like those shelves.......this is a really neat thread.....I've been wanting to do something like this...

|

8/5/2017 7:32 AM

Wish I have the creative bone in me. Some really legit creations!

|

8/5/2017 8:08 AM

Great post. I've got a whole tote full of misc old parts that I've hung on to strictly for the sake of someday "doing something" with. Hope to get some cool ideas from this post!

Here's something cool and semi related.. You can go online to patent office and obtain the original patent drawings for, well, anything that was patented. They look really cool printed and framed as wall art

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/5/2017 9:30 AM

DF313 wrote:

Photo

My wife wants me to make the tire shelves for our sons room. What was the process of making it?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/5/2017 10:42 AM

DF313 wrote:

Photo

mattyhamz2 wrote:

My wife wants me to make the tire shelves for our sons room. What was the process of making it?

Probably cut the tires in half and then weld them to the wall.

|

8/5/2017 11:10 AM

DF313 wrote:

Photo

pm info on those wood walls - looks cool as shit!

|

8/5/2017 12:21 PM

tunedlength wrote:

Great work Shawn!

Thank you Tunedlength!!

|

8/5/2017 12:22 PM

BMR179 wrote:

Not art, but function. YZ250 piston bottle cap catcher.
Photo

LOVE IT!!!!

|

8/5/2017 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2017 5:24 PM

DF313 wrote:

Photo

mattyhamz2 wrote:

pmshortt2 wrote:

Probably cut the tires in half and then weld them to the wall.

Thanks for all the comments, they were simple to make. Cut the tire in half, cut a .5" piece of plywood in a general half circle, it doesn't have to be perfect since the tire will cover a few inches of the outer edge. I just used some 3/4 in. Screws to secure the tire to the wood. The Pistons we're just picked up for free from a local motorcyle shop junk pile. Just cleaned them up a bit and cut a wedge from a 2x4 to prop it on against the wall. The trick here is to send a long, say 4" lag screw through the top rod bolt hole through the wedge and into a wall stud. This allows the piston to hold the weight of the shelf, then I just tacked on a couple small blocks to level it and secure it to the wall, the small blocks don't hold any real weight, it's all in the piston.

|