OK wait...

Outsider
Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 9:47pm
Sorry, was in a hospital bed for 5 days and got a little lost here.. why is RV failing and what is the problem again?

He's 4th in points and has won one overall out of 3 rounds right? I finally got to watch Argentina properly tonight and I don't get it.. 10 seconds between top 4? Is that bad?

That said, it looks to me, (from the comfort of my desk chair) that he hasn't fully got his bike dialed. Unlike the states, over there it doesn't just get rough, but, on the European tracks even in the straights there are rollers or something everywhere. In other words, there is no place to rest, and yes I think he needs a plusher setup. But then again I have no business telling Ryan Villopoto what he needs....lol.

At the end of the day, I don't see the sky falling in any way, in fact, I think what RV is doing so far is remarkable.

Yes, I know, we didn't need another thought on this, but the Norcos told me otherwise Tongue
|
mumhra
4/7/2015 2:03am
And another thread.....

RV certainly isn't doing bad but i for one expected him to be better. And i don' t think i was the only one. While i thought that the world championship would be a very close battle between RV and AC a lot of people on this board thought it was going to be a walkover for RV. If you look at it from that perspective RV really isn't doing very good.

Only 3 GP's down and RV currently is 27 points behind. That is an entire moto. I did not expect that. I expected RV to be leading after the first 3 rounds and i expected AC to start winning and closing the gap to RV from the moment the circus would hit the European continent. Looks like i was wrong. Maybe i am wrong again when i say that now AC is going to start winning races. Maybe RV will start winning races. I don't really care. I'm just loving this season.

Outsider
4/7/2015 2:46am
Just from what all I've read on vital, I thought it was the end of the world. He's like 17 points back from Cairoli?
rcm406
4/7/2015 3:42am
This GP season is starting to remind me of RVs 2011 outdoor season. He didn't set the world on fire then either, but he did win the c'ship. Maybe the same will happen this time!Smile
Outsider
4/7/2015 3:46am
rcm406 wrote:
This GP season is starting to remind me of RVs 2011 outdoor season. He didn't set the world on fire then either, but he did win...
This GP season is starting to remind me of RVs 2011 outdoor season. He didn't set the world on fire then either, but he did win the c'ship. Maybe the same will happen this time!Smile
Cool

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/7/2015 4:06am
rcm406 wrote:
This GP season is starting to remind me of RVs 2011 outdoor season. He didn't set the world on fire then either, but he did win...
Yep!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
4/7/2015 4:32am
You know what I don't get.....

Why is everyone still talking only about RV and AC.

I think the world will implode if we get to the end of the season and Desalle still has the Red plate and Nagl finishes in second with either RV or AC rounding out the final step of the podium!

Dam I bet Desalle is loving the fact all the attention is on the other two why he goes about his way with the Red plate.
Outsider
4/7/2015 4:45am
aaryn #234 wrote:
You know what I don't get..... Why is everyone still talking only about RV and AC. I think the world will implode if we get to...

I think the world will implode if we get to the end of the season and Desalle still has the Red plate and Nagl finishes in second with either RV or AC rounding out the final step of the podium!

Dam I bet Desalle is loving the fact all the attention is on the other two why he goes about his way with the Red plate.
From my POV, it's only because AC and RV are proven winners most times. Nothing to say the other guys can't win, but history has a way of repeating itself no?
Sandberm
4/7/2015 5:41am
Since you brought it up...why were you in the hospital for 5 days? Eat some bad Cadburys or something?
Outsider
4/7/2015 5:47am
Sandberm wrote:
Since you brought it up...why were you in the hospital for 5 days? Eat some bad Cadburys or something?
Gender reassignment.. it failed, now I'm a dick AND a pussy Pinch

Grinning
gt80rider
4/7/2015 6:39am
I'm just some schmuck sitting on a sofa, but imo it is just a vacation to him. Oh and... His line choices look like heck, and i have no idea why he put on so much muscle mass. Also imo, his bike doesnt look like its that far off even though everyone says it is. Anywhos, back to my couch.
mumhra
4/7/2015 6:46am
Outsider wrote:
Just from what all I've read on vital, I thought it was the end of the world. He's like 17 points back from Cairoli?
Something like that yes. But be honoust, before Qatar the question was not "is Ryan was going to win the race ? " but "How many seconds will Ryan be in front of the 2nd place rider ?". To see after 3 rounds that Ryan is only 4th in the standings must be a blow to many of those guys that thought that Ryan was completely going to dominate this 2nd rate series. Viewed in that perspective Ryan must not be doing so good.
mumhra
4/7/2015 6:47am
aaryn #234 wrote:
You know what I don't get..... Why is everyone still talking only about RV and AC. I think the world will implode if we get to...

The sand tracks (Valkenswaard and Lommel) are still coming up. Desalle will loose points to Cairoli in those 2 rounds.
Outsider
4/7/2015 6:50am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 6:53am
Outsider wrote:
mumhra wrote:
Something like that yes. But be honoust, before Qatar the question was not "is Ryan was going to win the race ? " but "How many...
Something like that yes. But be honoust, before Qatar the question was not "is Ryan was going to win the race ? " but "How many seconds will Ryan be in front of the 2nd place rider ?". To see after 3 rounds that Ryan is only 4th in the standings must be a blow to many of those guys that thought that Ryan was completely going to dominate this 2nd rate series. Viewed in that perspective Ryan must not be doing so good.
I personally, never thought he would "dominate" .. I did think he would do better. But really looking at the situation I think he's doing great and like i said, I didn't get to watch the last race fully until recently and that second moto was great! 4 guys all right there!

edit: And he kicked ass in the quali... yes, just a quali but still
Stefan82
4/7/2015 6:53am
RV finally has real competition after leaving the local races after so many years.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
4/7/2015 7:27am
RV did great so far, he just didn't lap every Euro as many on here expected.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/7/2015 7:39am
Outsider wrote:
Sorry, was in a hospital bed for 5 days and got a little lost here.. why is RV failing and what is the problem again? He's...
Sorry, was in a hospital bed for 5 days and got a little lost here.. why is RV failing and what is the problem again?

He's 4th in points and has won one overall out of 3 rounds right? I finally got to watch Argentina properly tonight and I don't get it.. 10 seconds between top 4? Is that bad?

That said, it looks to me, (from the comfort of my desk chair) that he hasn't fully got his bike dialed. Unlike the states, over there it doesn't just get rough, but, on the European tracks even in the straights there are rollers or something everywhere. In other words, there is no place to rest, and yes I think he needs a plusher setup. But then again I have no business telling Ryan Villopoto what he needs....lol.

At the end of the day, I don't see the sky falling in any way, in fact, I think what RV is doing so far is remarkable.

Yes, I know, we didn't need another thought on this, but the Norcos told me otherwise Tongue
This is my forum topic. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My topic is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My topic, without me, is useless. Without my topic, I am useless. I must type my topic true. I must type straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My topic and I know that what counts in Vital MX is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My topic is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its lifespan. I will keep my topic clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My topic and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
Uncle Tony
4/7/2015 7:42am
Outsider wrote:
Sorry, was in a hospital bed for 5 days and got a little lost here.. why is RV failing and what is the problem again? He's...

GuyB wrote:
This is my forum topic. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My topic is my best friend. It is my life. I...

My topic is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My topic, without me, is useless. Without my topic, I am useless. I must type my topic true. I must type straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My topic and I know that what counts in Vital MX is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My topic is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its lifespan. I will keep my topic clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My topic and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

Well said
Outsider
4/7/2015 7:43am
Outsider wrote:

GuyB wrote:
This is my forum topic. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My topic is my best friend. It is my life. I...

I have no idea the intent of that post
h&m_cycle
4/7/2015 7:49am
Poto didn't finish that far back second moto true

Nagl was site seeing on the last lap that's why,

156.093---Nagl

151.450---Poto

Last Lap times

Outsider
4/7/2015 8:01am
GuyB wrote:

Maybe I should start a topic asking how I can possibly wash my bike without a plug in the exhaust... I mean, how would I go about that? Then i wouldn't be able to point the water right at the hole in the end without water getting inside?

Would that be a better topic? I'm confused, what was wrong with mine, please advise, thanks.
wildbill
4/7/2015 9:15am
GuyB wrote:

Another novelist in the making. Maybe you should start your own thread or website. Wink
Outsider
4/7/2015 9:18am
wildbill wrote:
Another novelist in the making. Maybe you should start your own thread or website. Wink
Funny whom Steve decides to go after.. no wonder all the fun people are gone.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

How do I wash my bike again?

BTW, lets not say anything to "The Source"... pfft
Zracer
4/7/2015 9:22am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 9:24am
Outsider wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Outsider wrote:
I have no idea the intent of that post
Youre too young . Too bad ,cause that was some epicly funny shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G551KpNnA0
wildbill
4/7/2015 9:22am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 9:23am
I don't think you got it. Outsider that is.
Outsider
4/7/2015 9:28am
No, I understood the sarcasm.. great. Funny, I say I've been in the hospital for 5 days and the lead mod of the board decides to make fun of me. But not the guy that can't wash his bike (for example).

Pretty cool.
wildbill
4/7/2015 9:34am
Did you wad? Glad you're okay.
Zycki11
4/7/2015 9:36am
Longer series with 17 rounds instead of 12. He will adapt more to the two day format and start getting used to his new setup. These things do take time, and when he figures it out, will be a much better series that is already good.
TDeath21
4/7/2015 10:32am
Villopoto certainly hasn't been the same since 2013 MX. Even in the 2014 SX series, he wasn't the Villopoto we are used to seeing. He got in the lead several times and lost it. That's something he never did in 11-13 aside from Dungey in Minnesota 2013. He's said his entire career that this is a job and that's how he sees it. I don't think he's dedicating everything for the championship like he has his entire career. This is more of a farewell tour traveling the world. Sure the championship would be great. I'm sure he'd love to have it. The amount of time put in to get it though is something I don't think he's interested in. He's an incredible rider, so he might still win it all and he'll certainly still win races. That being said, if you completely ignore Villopoto's finishing position the last five years and just focus on his riding, it's not the same. It's certainly not the Villopoto we have been used to. Maybe something will change or maybe I'm just talking out my ass. Time will tell.
Outsider
4/7/2015 11:01am
He'll win one of the next two motos
jeffro503
4/7/2015 11:02am
Outsider wrote:

First off , why were you in the hospital? Hope you're ok man!

Post a reply to: OK wait...

The Latest