OK - new thread

RACEGUY
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:35am
No 2006 stuff here, just a 2009 question....

Is it just me, or is Suzuki intentionally dragging their feet with their 2010s. We were discussing this over at Hammer's place and the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced they're holding back on their 2010 marketing in order to get rid of non-currents.

As much as we all hate to even bring up MXA, it is worth noting that the FI 250 "was not available" for their 250 shootout, and I haven't heard a peep from anyone about either the 250 or 450 - not even a "sneak peek" thing.

So GuyB, am I fulla shit on this??
|
calimxer91
12/6/2009 11:50am
Noticed that in the Mag as well.Did you see the Suzuki" inner sanctum" article.Not a person in any pics.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
12/6/2009 11:52am
it's not untrue in my opinion, same goes for road racing, they have given their words to some teams but nothing is set in stone yet. I was finding it interesting too that there has been no official announcement for the Motosport team until now.

There is no rush for them this year though, they don't need to bring the 2010's i n yet, all manufacturers have plenty 2009 and 2008 on the floors. So they can be slow on marketing too.

newmann
12/6/2009 11:53am
Next thing you know, they'll be concerned that they didn't sell any 2010 models. Brilliant marketing. Thank goodness these highly sought after four strokes are here to save the day. LMAO

The Shop

kwhite199
12/6/2009 11:57am
Dont they have to have a certain number of the machines in the US before they can race them in supercross starting in January?
RACEGUY
12/6/2009 12:35pm
In the warehouse...extended delivery dates to dealers...they just have to be in the system as far as I know.

I'm sure they have sufficient numbers in the system and on dealer orders to slide through homologation easily. The question is, are they actually marketing them?

See any media coverage? See any ads in the print pubs? See any tested or in shootouts yet in print?

Lightning78, that "first impression" at TWMX online was published 3 days ago. Magazine publication deadlines were months ago. (not to mention the fact that it's still only the 250 and no sign of a 450).
Highsider
12/6/2009 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:19pm
My "Super Suzuki Insider" tells me their warehouses have been sold out of 09 and older mx machines for months.

Suzuki wants the dealer inventory to be further reduced, via the dealers (network) working out overages and needs themselves.

This may be be taking longer than we think it should, so no '010s are on the dealer floors.

I am told it is the other three brands that should be worried about warehouse inventory.Cool
RuFfRyDaH
12/6/2009 1:05pm
here in germany there are a couple guys riding the 10 as far as i know and they are in the new issue of motox(german mag) with a big shoot out...

so maybe its just an american issue?
Highsider
12/6/2009 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2009 1:42pm
RuFfRyDaH wrote:
here in germany there are a couple guys riding the 10 as far as i know and they are in the new issue of motox(german mag)...
here in germany there are a couple guys riding the 10 as far as i know and they are in the new issue of motox(german mag) with a big shoot out...

so maybe its just an american issue?
EDITED:
You are right.
You have heard the US is in a slight economic pickle? Most all bike dealers are having a rough time clearing out leftover inventory.
RACEGUY
12/6/2009 1:20pm
250 is now arriving in Canadian dealerships, but scarce in US showrooms. We're talking very recent arrivals here.

Some brands have been in the hands of the publications and aftermarket manufacturers for months now.

I stand by my case. Suzuki is trying to clear the floor before moving on.

For the hard-core Suzuki guys, this is just hard to take, but you'll hang on and survive it.

The wheels Suzuki put in motion going into the magazine preview and shootout season cannot be thrown into reverse. What's done is done.

Should I say "good luck" to my friends selling Suzuki MXers?
RuFfRyDaH
12/6/2009 2:26pm
Highsider wrote:
EDITED:
You are right.
You have heard the US is in a slight economic pickle? Most all bike dealers are having a rough time clearing out leftover inventory.
i know i just wanted throw that out there. most of the times us europeans get stuff pretty late.

anyway i agree with the opinion that suzuki is trying to help their dealers to clear the floors...

sorry
Highsider
12/6/2009 3:05pm
Highsider wrote:
EDITED:
You are right.
RuFfRyDaH wrote:
i know i just wanted throw that out there. most of the times us europeans get stuff pretty late. anyway i agree with the opinion that...
i know i just wanted throw that out there. most of the times us europeans get stuff pretty late.

anyway i agree with the opinion that suzuki is trying to help their dealers to clear the floors...

sorry
Thanks. I feel really bad for all types of businesses, especially bike shops. I had a dual line dealership that bit the dust during the recession/high interest rates of the mid-eighties.

Post a reply to: OK - new thread

The Latest