OK...Ya...One more......Analytically this interesting....

Tim507
|
RCMXracing
4/16/2021 8:12pm
That’s the basics, but more to it when comparing to Hunter. Hunter stiff-legged it and kept the angle higher using body weight. Cam soaked it up and yeah, was forward, those 2 things and also could be some throttle usage or none to compare.

The bike is gonna rebound a lot because it’s using a lot of travel on that short steep face. Coulda been a pocket
maybe also, or a kicker, no matter what it’s gonna rebound pretty aggressively. So how to counter that, keep that front end up, how? Throttle, body position, all that. I think he was so hyper focused on going forward that he just lost focus on the jump and it bit him. Reminds me of how Kenny did his famous career threatening crash.
4/16/2021 11:33pm
That video was about 7 minutes too long....
That video was about 7 minutes too long....

Agreed. I didn’t watch until the end.

The suspension does de-compress on the jump face- its stays compressed until the tyre leaves the take off.

The long & the short of it- Hunter had his weight back and Cam didn’t. It’s really that simple. Of all the riders, of all the laps, how many crashes were there?

Shit happens.
Pointless analysis.
TXDirt
4/16/2021 11:42pm
It’s just luck and randomness. Dude has a crash and looks like he is dead. Gets up and restarts to a podium finish.

Villipoto just dabs his foot down, doesn’t even crash, and blows out his knee and misses an entire SX season.

Man shit is just so random sometimes.

Post a reply to: OK...Ya...One more......Analytically this interesting....

The Latest