OK, What is wrong with Eli?

deluxeman
1/27/2019 5:03am
drt410 wrote:
Webb is the biggest wildcard of all time. Everyone expected he was gonna win a bunch of races right away and be battling the topguys. They...
Webb is the biggest wildcard of all time. Everyone expected he was gonna win a bunch of races right away and be battling the topguys. They all forgot about him then all of a sudden he arrived. I wouldnt be surprised if now that it “clicks” he won the whole thing, he has that level of potential. I also wouldnt be surprised if he pulled a Baggett/Barcia and can win on a good day but otherwise is a top 5 guy. Something feels different though.... probably because this was supposed to happen n now it is. He won his mx championship with a broken hand... Plus Ando won last year, who besides last year would you say is better overall/higher ceiling. Gonna be interesting.
Yes, Webb looked good last night. But he clearly wasn’t faster than Marv. Marv had a mistake and Webb didn’t, so give the win to Webb for riding clean and fast. Webb has gotten great starts the last two rounds.

Eli looks uncomfortable on the bike. I think, don’t know for sure be he may be a very setup sensitive rider and maybe the new bike isn’t where he needs it to be yet. I really don’t care for Eli much so I am pretty happy that he hasn’t found his groove yet. As for Eli taking the Dungey approach to this season, I would say that is BS. Eli isn’t protecting the points race, Eli just isn’t fast enough or comfortable enough to beat these guys right now. Given that, we all know he is dangerous and could start winning races at anytime, but he just looks a little confused at the moment to me.

At least I didn’t hear Ralph yammer on about how Eli could go on a run 15 times last night. That gets annoying.
downard254
1/27/2019 6:01am
I happen to be privy to the info of all injured riders this season. However, I have been told that this info is so critically important, that I have had to encrypt all the data in my brain and If i was to let even one inkling of the info out, I would have to kill each and every person who found out. World peace and the destruction of all life on earth depends on its utmost secrecy. But I sure have an itch to tell.WoohooWoohooPinch
drt410
1/27/2019 6:14am
downard254 wrote:
I happen to be privy to the info of all injured riders this season. However, I have been told that this info is so critically important...
I happen to be privy to the info of all injured riders this season. However, I have been told that this info is so critically important, that I have had to encrypt all the data in my brain and If i was to let even one inkling of the info out, I would have to kill each and every person who found out. World peace and the destruction of all life on earth depends on its utmost secrecy. But I sure have an itch to tell.WoohooWoohooPinch
Your posting this in the whats wrong with Eli thread lol so its easy to assume who your alluding to may be injured lol..

The Shop

logan_140
1/27/2019 6:38am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 6:39am
Anyone else notice Eli out of breath after the heat race?
Lot of riders were I thought. Jimmy d was winded. Track was demanding. As for tomac.. he’s in a much better spot then he was this time last year. Think big picture..
brocster
1/27/2019 7:07am
Gathering points then heading East for the wrap up
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/27/2019 9:23am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 9:46am
Roostzilla on Racerx
"I was reading the Twitter feed so maybe different, but it sounded like ET was about to pass KR for second when he couldn't jump a triple and fell back to 5th. He would have been right behind Webb with a third of the race to go, and from what, 13th? Had a little help, but moved through the pack more than anyone else."

It Seems obv.
TeamGreen
1/27/2019 9:45am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 9:46am
Is it possible that other riders might have gotten faster...?
This is a “change up” year.
Rain race at A1...
New Holeshot artists.
New Riders on New Teams.
And...of-course...the usual carnage that claims guys during the California Swing.

At 4 races in, I certainly don’t count Eli out...& he’s only 3 points back.
When he did get into the lead in a main...he was classic Eli...GONE
So, maybe the game has changed and he’s deciding NOT to hang it out too hard?
1/27/2019 10:25am
Eli's bike was smoking near the end of the heat race. He still went on to win and they didn't mention it again. Then Joey's bike was smoking in the main event, I saw in plain as day, and a couple minutes later, his bike quit completely. It's very possible they told Tomac to baby the engine and get the thing home in one piece.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/27/2019 10:31am
UpTiTe wrote:
I'll answer it again, just ike I did the first day of this thread, he is hurt. He spent several weeks off the bike just before...
I'll answer it again, just ike I did the first day of this thread, he is hurt. He spent several weeks off the bike just before the season started and has just started riding during the week last week.
Must have been a hell of an injury. Why is it so hush hush? Was it his back like previously talked about before he denied it?
1/27/2019 11:53am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 11:54am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Eli's bike was smoking near the end of the heat race. He still went on to win and they didn't mention it again. Then Joey's bike...
Eli's bike was smoking near the end of the heat race. He still went on to win and they didn't mention it again. Then Joey's bike was smoking in the main event, I saw in plain as day, and a couple minutes later, his bike quit completely. It's very possible they told Tomac to baby the engine and get the thing home in one piece.
My thoughts exactly.

Eli looked uncomfortable on the bike. Surviving, not thriving. Prob what happened to JS17's bike was also in his head during the race. He did the best he could, and maintains a points deficit so miniscule that spotting a red #3 plate in Minneapolis seems like an absolute certainty. #STAMPIT Cool
1/27/2019 12:34pm
deluxeman wrote:
Yes, Webb looked good last night. But he clearly wasn’t faster than Marv. Marv had a mistake and Webb didn’t, so give the win to Webb...
Yes, Webb looked good last night. But he clearly wasn’t faster than Marv. Marv had a mistake and Webb didn’t, so give the win to Webb for riding clean and fast. Webb has gotten great starts the last two rounds.

Eli looks uncomfortable on the bike. I think, don’t know for sure be he may be a very setup sensitive rider and maybe the new bike isn’t where he needs it to be yet. I really don’t care for Eli much so I am pretty happy that he hasn’t found his groove yet. As for Eli taking the Dungey approach to this season, I would say that is BS. Eli isn’t protecting the points race, Eli just isn’t fast enough or comfortable enough to beat these guys right now. Given that, we all know he is dangerous and could start winning races at anytime, but he just looks a little confused at the moment to me.

At least I didn’t hear Ralph yammer on about how Eli could go on a run 15 times last night. That gets annoying.
Ha. Speaking of Ralph...he DID throw Cooper a bone taunting Marv with "Cooper, Cooper, COOPER!!" on the last lap. Remember last season when Barcia throughly humiliated new teammate Webb and Ralph was all "Barcia, Barcia, BARCIA" to goad Cooper on the broadcast?

(Granted, Marvin was literally nipping Webb's heels last night, while Barcia had probably lapped Webb last year...but still..)

TeamGreen
1/27/2019 12:42pm
deluxeman wrote:
Yes, Webb looked good last night. But he clearly wasn’t faster than Marv. Marv had a mistake and Webb didn’t, so give the win to Webb...

Ha. Speaking of Ralph...he DID throw Cooper a bone taunting Marv with "Cooper, Cooper, COOPER!!" on the last lap. Remember last season when Barcia throughly humiliated...
Ha. Speaking of Ralph...he DID throw Cooper a bone taunting Marv with "Cooper, Cooper, COOPER!!" on the last lap. Remember last season when Barcia throughly humiliated new teammate Webb and Ralph was all "Barcia, Barcia, BARCIA" to goad Cooper on the broadcast?

(Granted, Marvin was literally nipping Webb's heels last night, while Barcia had probably lapped Webb last year...but still..)

I’ll give this post a 10 for effort
1/27/2019 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 12:48pm
In believe in 2017 his first four races weren’t that great. Then he caught fire and was smoking everyone.
colvin227
1/27/2019 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 3:01pm
Eli is doing fine, he doesn’t look like he has his bike totally dialed In yet and that could be from time off it in off season. You can just see by watching him, he’s not his usual self in the whoops and he looks like he cannot push it as hard as he may want. ET is well documented as a rider who is very sensitive to setup and if it’s a hair off then so is he. I’m sure soon as he gets “comfy” and TOTALLY HEALED we’ll see the Eli we all know. Remember 2017 when he was struggling the first few rounds and bike wasn’t quite right? Then he went to Az testing and found “something” chassis wise and then we all know what happened. It’s coming......I hope, but even still he’s -3 out so he’s in a great postion
Phantom 661
1/27/2019 4:39pm
colvin227 wrote:
Eli is doing fine, he doesn’t look like he has his bike totally dialed In yet and that could be from time off it in off...
Eli is doing fine, he doesn’t look like he has his bike totally dialed In yet and that could be from time off it in off season. You can just see by watching him, he’s not his usual self in the whoops and he looks like he cannot push it as hard as he may want. ET is well documented as a rider who is very sensitive to setup and if it’s a hair off then so is he. I’m sure soon as he gets “comfy” and TOTALLY HEALED we’ll see the Eli we all know. Remember 2017 when he was struggling the first few rounds and bike wasn’t quite right? Then he went to Az testing and found “something” chassis wise and then we all know what happened. It’s coming......I hope, but even still he’s -3 out so he’s in a great postion
Yeah, Eli 2017 - I think after round 3-4 said in a post race interview that he can't run at his top pace if he ain't feeling it. He usually needs a few rounds before turning up the heat for whatever reason. But yeah, I think if there's anything wrong at all it's probably his set up. He's doing good. Way too early to throw it all away.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/27/2019 7:47pm
Remember when all the Tomac fan boys were railing Dungey for being conservative, boring and slow, didn't have the "raw" speed of Eli and didn't deserve to be champ? Now they all claim that Eli is riding smart and is in a good place, this is gold!
gnarwhip
1/27/2019 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 7:50pm
His starts suck. Other than that, he’s fine. You kooks forget he had 9 wins in one season against your hero Dungey. This season will be easy.
Hcallz5
1/27/2019 8:21pm
He realized that a 3rd or 4th pays way more points than a DNF does.
deluxeman
1/27/2019 9:04pm
Eli isn’t in conservation mode, he just isn’t fast enough to hang so far this season. I am no fan of Toamc, so I think it’s great. However I am not foolish enough to think this will last the whole season.

I would wager that his bike isn’t right yet. It may take half or more of the season to get it sorted, who knows. He doesn’t look that good so far. The other thing is is that there are a couple of really fast guys out there. Marv crashed, got passed and then passed him back and dropped him. And Marv has had an injury recently. Not a great sign for Eli.

uk125250
1/27/2019 9:09pm
Ha. Speaking of Ralph...he DID throw Cooper a bone taunting Marv with "Cooper, Cooper, COOPER!!" on the last lap. Remember last season when Barcia throughly humiliated...

He wasn’t literally nipping Webb’s heels.
1/27/2019 9:14pm

uk125250 wrote:
He wasn’t literally nipping Webb’s heels.

BikerScars
1/27/2019 9:18pm
By normal SX standards ET is in a excellent position.
By ET standards he is way way off in speed. I credit part of that to him being more mature and smarter racer and not pushing it past the ragged edge. I am guessing the rest of it is the new bike he is not yet accustomed to.
drt410
1/27/2019 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 9:40pm
yak651 wrote:
Remember when all the Tomac fan boys were railing Dungey for being conservative, boring and slow, didn't have the "raw" speed of Eli and didn't deserve...
Remember when all the Tomac fan boys were railing Dungey for being conservative, boring and slow, didn't have the "raw" speed of Eli and didn't deserve to be champ? Now they all claim that Eli is riding smart and is in a good place, this is gold!
Yea... the difference is that Eli is genuinely unable to win right now or he would, but hes keeping it right on or near the podium and in turn is better off so far than past seasons. Dungey was ripped on for having the speed and running 1st or 2nd and instead of laying it down and banging bars for the win when he could hed settle.

Nothing wrong with it he won a lot of championships that way, but its just not thee most exciting style. Its a very different type of managing the series going on right now where Eli is doing the best he can but not winning vs being fully capable and able to win but taking a 2nd for the greater goal.

Not every concept like “managing a series” means the exact same thing or the same circumstances.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
1/28/2019 4:13am
UpTiTe wrote:
I'll answer it again, just ike I did the first day of this thread, he is hurt. He spent several weeks off the bike just before...
I'll answer it again, just ike I did the first day of this thread, he is hurt. He spent several weeks off the bike just before the season started and has just started riding during the week last week.
toroP wrote:
MM has been off the bike, knee surgery.
Marvin didn't have knee surgery, he hurt his meniscus and chose to rehab it instead of surgery.

Post a reply to: OK, What is wrong with Eli?

The Latest