OG Only Will Get It

EngIceDave
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2020 9:40am
In honor of @merc @racerboy and SX in Las Vegas this weekend, pour a little of what you drink in @marcestabrooks honor. I miss my friend. We all do. The OG's do. Silly canuckadian

By the way, there’s an amazing story about this one off drawing. We, at Engine Ice, did a one time “after party” following the US Open of Supercross at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas. This was so early on, can’t remember year. But, it was a crazy hit. We rented the ENTIRE top floor of the ESPN Zone at NYNY and had open bar and all. People who were my heroes were asking entry, and of course I said yes. I was such a nervous mess. So many past and future stars, I was confused between star struck and hope for the future. Marc Estabrooks, my friend, donated this hand done design for gifts and my Dad, won, and after a few years, he gave to me. I miss Merc, I love this piece, it’s my Banksy of the MX world...he saw it his way. I am a lucky man.

If you didn't know Merc, that's fine....Just honor his memory

He did work for RacerX and more...he was a good guy

|
HazemG
5/2/2019 9:13pm
nice story and nice of you to remember your friend. Thanks for sharing
rpawley
5/2/2019 9:46pm
Merc was a good dude, miss him for sure. Always kept in touch over the years even when I didn't keep in touch, he would reach out.

The Shop

jeffro503
5/2/2019 10:43pm
That's pretty damn cool Dave. Sounds like that party was a blast , and it's cool that you remember your buddies like that. For me , the ones that are still here , I try and stay in touch weather they ride any more or not. One of the great things about this sport , is it acts like a glue to help keep bonds for life. I still ride with one of my very best friend's named Kory. I met him when I was 7 and he was 6. His JR50 was the first bike I ever rode. We raced and rode together almost all our lives , and I just so happened to burn a ton of gas with him last weekend. I never got out of the INT class and he went pro for a few years , and now.......we're just a couple vet riders that still love to shred the dirt together , just like we did over 40 years ago. I hope that one day when I'm gone , my buddies will remember me , the way you do yours.
4/7/2020 9:12pm
@EngIceDave this may jog a pleasant memory of that night. Just came across this post and you would like a nice reminder of what a fun and amazing night that was. Thank you for being such a good friend to Marc for all those years. He owes you his entire career. I owe you anbig part of mine too.
EngIceDave
4/8/2020 9:40am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2020 9:40am
Hey Elysia, hope you're well.
I somehow missed your response, but a friend sent me a head's up and a link.

It is good to hear from you and not a day goes by where I don't see Merc's drawing, it hangs just inside to entrance door to my office (recliner and TV, really....)

I did some cyber-stalking and see you have one of those smash shit up aggression businesses...interesting

Hope you get through this mess ok

Be well

Dave

Post a reply to: OG Only Will Get It

The Latest