ODI Emig Pro Ve grips (testing?)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2019 6:31 PM

We have 5 bikes, and have used different ODI lock-ons for years. We bought a few of this new grip styles and have them on 2 bikes, both left hand grips have twist play in them now, maybe a 1/16” or so of play, I highly doubt they had play when new, but it’s easy to not pay attention when working on 5 bikes. Is this a product issue? Or an early release batch issue? Are others experiencing the same thing?

|

6/17/2019 6:48 PM

Not sure any known problem, but a little hack is to buy the OEM version that come on stock KTMs, they are 13 bucks and come with the cams.

|

6/18/2019 4:22 AM

After only a few hours of use, the left side develops quite a bit of play which annoys me and I replace it.

|

6/18/2019 4:43 AM

Markee wrote:

Not sure any known problem, but a little hack is to buy the OEM version that come on stock KTMs, they are 13 bucks and come with the cams.

And they are more comfortable IMO, softer which I like.

|

6/18/2019 6:01 AM

Markee wrote:

Those are not the same

|

6/18/2019 6:29 AM

Ive never had them work loose. Im running the v2s now and love them.

|

6/18/2019 6:03 PM

Markee wrote:

liver wrote:

Those are not the same

I know, but they work is the point. So if you want to use the older version for cheap and have them work on your 5 bikes. Eh Nevermind.

|

6/18/2019 6:10 PM

No experience with the new Emig grips, but I’ve been using the V2 half waffle grips for about 3 years now and have never had one develop any play.

|