O’Neal Gear

8/11/2020 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2020 4:17pm
Who all runs O’Neal gear? I’m really liking what they have been coming out with lately.

How is durability?

I’ve had Fly Kinetic Mesh and TLD GP Air stuff, but just haven’t keen on the Fly styles in recent years (although the quality is still pretty good).
|
montesagold
8/11/2020 8:27pm
Been exclusively using O’Neal for about 5 years, consistent quality, good fit. Can’t complain
Moto88
8/11/2020 9:20pm
Been with O’Neal since 1989! All their gear is good but their Hardwear line is the most durable.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
8/11/2020 10:45pm
ive used it over the years.

biggest thing that sticks out is durability and styling isnt too bad recently
Pink
8/12/2020 12:28am
It won’t fit over my knee braces. Witch kinda sucks

The Shop

Deja New
8/12/2020 2:00am
Entire family has O’Neal gear sets has all been awesome. Only complaint is the hi vis yellows faded fast on the kids gloves.
8/12/2020 4:56am
Definitely digging the 2021 O'neal gear.
Got this in last week and we have the covert set coming in today.

ElliotB16
8/12/2020 5:01am
Very durable gear. Some of the element jerseys run a little big but airwear is very comfortable and breathable
sandman768
8/12/2020 5:17am
O’Neal gear is great... the hardware line is the most durable but slightly heavier. The element & airwear are much lighter but do not last as long. I have been with O’Neal since 2000, wont buy anything else....
ktmdan
8/12/2020 8:11am
Mine is very durable. I usually just buy whatever I can get a good deal on.
mark_swart
8/12/2020 8:27am
O'Neal since 2000!! The Hardwear line is extremely durable and the new 2021 stuff is the best looking iteration they have come out with in a few years. The Mayhem line is very light and unrestrictive. I just got the Airwear this spring and I feel like quality is comparable to Hardwear, but the jerseys run small.
As for the Element, great price point but breathability and adjustment in the pants aren't great. If you live in a hot place, spend the extra money on the other lines or just use them in the winter.
They have been a great company to work with over the years!!
peelout
8/12/2020 8:32am
been running all Oneal gear for the last few years. quality is great, fit is great, i like the minimalist designs. i ran it back in the early 00's as well and it was great then.

the helmets are awesome, i have the 10 series carbon and a 5 series. for how inexpensive they are they are great helmets.

i run the RDX boots and can't say enough good about them. very comfortable, sturdy, great buckle system, great sole, etc.

i'm 6'2 slim and run between 170 and 180 lbs, the 32 pants fit me perfectly, i run the Medium jersey because i don't like a baggy fit. they have tight fitting and loose fitting jerseys. one thing i love about their gear is i can run 3-4 different jerseys for one pair of pants and not look like a clown.

i don't love the gloves. i usually go somewhere else for gloves as i don't like the fit or durability as i'm hard on gloves.

i've also been running their MTB Pinned Pro shoes and MTB shorts and love them.

Marc Shear is a badass, and i personally don't have a single issue or bad thing to say about our dealings in the past. i order gear on Wednesday and it's usually here by Friday or Monday at the latest.

10/10
husky125
8/12/2020 8:46am
peelout wrote:
been running all Oneal gear for the last few years. quality is great, fit is great, i like the minimalist designs. i ran it back in...
been running all Oneal gear for the last few years. quality is great, fit is great, i like the minimalist designs. i ran it back in the early 00's as well and it was great then.

the helmets are awesome, i have the 10 series carbon and a 5 series. for how inexpensive they are they are great helmets.

i run the RDX boots and can't say enough good about them. very comfortable, sturdy, great buckle system, great sole, etc.

i'm 6'2 slim and run between 170 and 180 lbs, the 32 pants fit me perfectly, i run the Medium jersey because i don't like a baggy fit. they have tight fitting and loose fitting jerseys. one thing i love about their gear is i can run 3-4 different jerseys for one pair of pants and not look like a clown.

i don't love the gloves. i usually go somewhere else for gloves as i don't like the fit or durability as i'm hard on gloves.

Marc Shear is a badass, and i personally don't have a single issue or bad thing to say about our dealings in the past. i order gear on Wednesday and it's usually here by Friday or Monday at the latest.

10/10
Peely I agree 100%! I've been with O'neal since '99 and never had one issue. Mark Shear is fantastic!

Freestyle
8/12/2020 9:41am
Best gear out there in IMO
8/12/2020 9:42am
I have the hardware gear and it seems to be pretty good. I like the belt system.

Switched to the RDX boot this year from SG12's and like them as well.

Id like to try the new helmet with MIPS but really like my 6D.

kNewc
8/12/2020 9:45am
I have the Oneal RDX boots and quite a few pairs of Oneal gear, it's all been great! I really like the boots, so comfortable. They were the first boot I've had that were perfect size and fit - I also didn't really have to break them in. I purchased all the replacement parts for them too lol.
Justin_P
Fantasy
3937th
8/12/2020 10:13am
I had some element gear about five years ago and wasn't in love with it, and started wearing alias. Since alias is no longer around I figured I would give the mayhem stuff a try this year and it is great, I wish I had ten more sets of it! Fits well, very light good quality.
peelout
8/12/2020 10:17am
I have the hardware gear and it seems to be pretty good. I like the belt system. Switched to the RDX boot this year from SG12's...
I have the hardware gear and it seems to be pretty good. I like the belt system.

Switched to the RDX boot this year from SG12's and like them as well.

Id like to try the new helmet with MIPS but really like my 6D.

the biggest difference i noticed when i switched from a 6D helmet to the ONeal is that i don't feel like a bobble-head anymore. i ended up switching the pads out on the 6D for a smaller set because it always felt like it was slipping down on my brow, like i needed to keep adjusting the helmet up on my face while riding. now with the smaller pads my face feels like it's squished and the helmet still slips down my face.

i've never bought into the Carbon helmet fad, but love my 10 series carbon. hell, i think i like my 5 series helmet better but feel like maybe the 10 series is the better helmet.
peelout
8/12/2020 10:19am
Justin_P wrote:
I had some element gear about five years ago and wasn't in love with it, and started wearing alias. Since alias is no longer around I...
I had some element gear about five years ago and wasn't in love with it, and started wearing alias. Since alias is no longer around I figured I would give the mayhem stuff a try this year and it is great, I wish I had ten more sets of it! Fits well, very light good quality.
i have one set of Hardware and a few sets of Mayhem, love the Mayhem best gear there is. digging the all red setup, gotta get you some red RDX boots too bro
Handy_andy_85
Fantasy
1264th
8/12/2020 10:40am
I have been running O'Neal for the past 2 seasons both the Hardwear and Mayhem lines. It has held up really well and the fit and finish is great. They always have at least a couple color ways that I really like. I have also been running their MTB shoes and they are great after they broke in a little. Next thing I want to try is the boots. My sole on my Tech 7 are falling apart after 10 hrs. Do their 2021 helmets have MIPS? Can anyone confirm?
Tuzzo123
8/12/2020 10:45am
peelout wrote:
been running all Oneal gear for the last few years. quality is great, fit is great, i like the minimalist designs. i ran it back in...

10/10
Agreed, love the gear and run all 3 kits they have available, I love how the Hardware fits even with knee braces. Marc Shear is a top notch representative of Oneal and always helps when I have a issue (always my fault lol) . If you haven't tried the BLUR B50 Magnetic Goggles yet, they are my Favorite goggles to date!
Wilson116
Fantasy
1664th
8/12/2020 11:05am
Whole Family is running O'Neal gear. My 6 year old is hard on gear and has had no issues with his stuff and a lot of it is hand me downs from my 10 year old. I have the 5 series Helmet and love it. I ran Scott and 100% goggles until I had to borrow my kids BLUR for a race and ordered myself a pair then next day. Can't say enough good stuff about Mark Shear, Great guy and always on top of it.
peelout
8/12/2020 11:09am
Tuzzo123 wrote:
Agreed, love the gear and run all 3 kits they have available, I love how the Hardware fits even with knee braces. Marc Shear is a...
Agreed, love the gear and run all 3 kits they have available, I love how the Hardware fits even with knee braces. Marc Shear is a top notch representative of Oneal and always helps when I have a issue (always my fault lol) . If you haven't tried the BLUR B50 Magnetic Goggles yet, they are my Favorite goggles to date!
forgot about the BLUR goggles, i have a few pairs of the B-20 and they're good. i'll have to try the 50's
CivBars
8/12/2020 11:17am
Pink wrote:
It won’t fit over my knee braces. Witch kinda sucks
8/12/2020 12:07pm
I have been running O'Neal for the past 2 seasons both the Hardwear and Mayhem lines. It has held up really well and the fit and...
I have been running O'Neal for the past 2 seasons both the Hardwear and Mayhem lines. It has held up really well and the fit and finish is great. They always have at least a couple color ways that I really like. I have also been running their MTB shoes and they are great after they broke in a little. Next thing I want to try is the boots. My sole on my Tech 7 are falling apart after 10 hrs. Do their 2021 helmets have MIPS? Can anyone confirm?
They had an instagram post about a new helmet that had MIPS but I cant seem to find it online.

Thats really all I would consider, only get one head.
MelonFan123
8/12/2020 4:08pm
They had an instagram post about a new helmet that had MIPS but I cant seem to find it online. Thats really all I would consider...
They had an instagram post about a new helmet that had MIPS but I cant seem to find it online.

Thats really all I would consider, only get one head.
You're probably thinking of their Euro market helmet which has IPX Acells, another form of impact absorption. Neither the US or Euro helmets have MIPS
mxracer32
8/12/2020 4:42pm
I like it - I was having an issue with the Velcro / button waist clasp popping a lot lately. I used some channel locks and slightly enlongated the button and haven’t had an issue since. I like everything else about it and will buy more if the price is right. I also like that not everyone at the track has it.

Cortami79
8/13/2020 10:34am
Which line is the most vented? I’ve had a few sets a few years ago and was amazed how durable it is
Cortami79
8/13/2020 10:38am
Cortami79 wrote:
Which line is the most vented? I’ve had a few sets a few years ago and was amazed how durable it is

kage173
8/13/2020 10:43am
I haven't worn it recently but did in the past. Good quality. Good style. Great price.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
8/13/2020 11:16am
Cortami79 wrote:
Airwear. Really legit stuff.

Post a reply to: O’Neal Gear

The Latest