Nuclear Cowboys is Bush league

GHR
3/13/2010 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:15pm
haha really???

"The earth has suffered a great loss, of madness, as apocalyptic mass destruction and anarchy. For the first time ever freestyle MotoX goes nuclear"

What does that even mean? hahah wow.

This is what the gnarly voice dude says in the "Nuclear Cowboys" commerical.

I dont even know where to start. Waiting for Hulk Hogan to roll out next I guess.
|
jmar
3/13/2010 9:32pm
Not my cup of tea, but I would bet ticket sells are good.
Pat327
3/13/2010 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2010 9:35pm
This post-apocalyptic landing ramp doesn't look very safe.

jmar
3/13/2010 9:36pm
Pat327 wrote:

I would bet those dowels are some type of soft plastic or foam.
Pat327
3/13/2010 9:38pm
Yeah, probably.

The Shop

dirthead1
3/14/2010 4:10pm
My friend had an extra ticket for this last night in San Diego and I went. It was the lamest thing I've ever seen in my life.
kawboy388
3/14/2010 4:21pm
I wish they wouldn't show these dumbass commercial's during the races. I had some dip shit who works here, come in my office a while ago, and say this

"I was watching that race last night, man I wanna go to that Nuke Freestyle deal. So, do you just race, or do you do flipping contests too?"

I just gave a "you dumbass" look to him, then the phone rang,so he left.
DanDunes818
3/14/2010 4:25pm
kawboy388 wrote:
I wish they wouldn't show these dumbass commercial's during the races. I had some dip shit who works here, come in my office a while ago...
I wish they wouldn't show these dumbass commercial's during the races. I had some dip shit who works here, come in my office a while ago, and say this

"I was watching that race last night, man I wanna go to that Nuke Freestyle deal. So, do you just race, or do you do flipping contests too?"

That's the first thing I'm always asked too. At least in the last 5-10 yrs.. So you race dirtcycles?? Do you flip and do all those trickster thingy's??
Camp332
3/14/2010 4:25pm
The ' voice of god ' is always good for a laugh. If you listen to DMXS, you get it.
flarider
3/14/2010 4:26pm
kawboy388 wrote:
I wish they wouldn't show these dumbass commercial's during the races. I had some dip shit who works here, come in my office a while ago...

So, you do the flipping contests....
kawboy388
3/14/2010 4:35pm
kawboy388 wrote:

flarider wrote:
So, you do the flipping contests....
Well, there was that half a backflip I did over a a tabletop a couple years ago, when the shock broke on the face................My brother said everyone seemed pretty entertained.
SteveS
3/14/2010 4:37pm
Why are we blaming Bush for this one. It's quite clear that Nuclear Cowboyz came about on Obama's watch. So it would be Obama League. Not Bush League.
Motodork
3/14/2010 4:41pm
i cant stand when someone that doesnt know the sport asks me if i do back flips.
JW381
3/14/2010 5:32pm
Not that I'll ever go see it, but I like it. It gives the freestyle guys, who are all very talented riders, a source of income outside of stupid contests. Twitch, and many other FMX guys, have all stated that they live to free ride natural terrain, and FMX is more of a job.

But, in all fairness, I know exactly what you mean, motodork. So very frustrating. I simply tell them; "No, I mean the REAL sport of motocross."
JOHN CHOATE
3/14/2010 5:43pm
A couple of years ago, I never thought I'd get tired of backflips on a dirtbike, but after I see one or two during the X-Games(or some other contest) I'm bored. Just my two cents.
Hank_Thrill
3/14/2010 5:48pm
dirthead1 wrote:
My friend had an extra ticket for this last night in San Diego and I went. It was the lamest thing I've ever seen in my...
My friend had an extra ticket for this last night in San Diego and I went. It was the lamest thing I've ever seen in my life.
How can watching a backflip be lame?
staycasted
3/14/2010 5:51pm
Motodork wrote:
i cant stand when someone that doesnt know the sport asks me if i do back flips.
or if they ask what kind of tricks can you do
Hank_Thrill
3/14/2010 5:51pm
kawboy388 wrote:

Not everybody likes racing. Its a shame so many people are closed minded about motorcycles. This sport couldn't hurt having more fans, regardless of what discipline they enjoy viewing.
flarider
3/14/2010 5:52pm
I VOTE FOR BANNING HIM

Anyone second the motion?

GHR
3/14/2010 5:53pm
SteveS wrote:
Why are we blaming Bush for this one. It's quite clear that Nuclear Cowboyz came about on Obama's watch. So it would be Obama League. Not...
Why are we blaming Bush for this one. It's quite clear that Nuclear Cowboyz came about on Obama's watch. So it would be Obama League. Not Bush League.
haha nice. I was just using a old baseball term. But ya full blown Obama League, I stand corrected. Some Gal approached me at the Phoenix SX and asked me what race that "Twitch" guy is in. I gave her my .02 cents about how he is more of a circus side show and couldnt race on this track to save his life. Amazing. Well if it puts peeps in the seats that is good I guess in a way. I just wish we could extract a bit more of the beer and parking sales to pad the prize for the guys that are out there risking life and limb. When I found out GL got 2500 bucks for getting 8th place and the 20th place guy in the Main makes 2000 I was pissed beyond measure (risk vs reward just isnt there), it all makes sense when you look at it. MX and SX will become "Obama League" unless someone with some power starts to figure this out and has the deep pockets and chrisma to organize a real effort. Im gonna do my part however small or big it may end up being is all I can say at this time.
JW381
3/14/2010 5:55pm
flarider wrote:
I VOTE FOR BANNING HIM

Anyone second the motion?

i vote yay
Motodrew295
3/14/2010 7:42pm
Its Busch league, and when Im ask I just say yes. Pretty sure the idiots who are asking already know the answer. I feel like they're mesing with me so I mess with em back.
jmar
3/14/2010 7:50pm
kawboy388 wrote:

Not everybody likes racing. Its a shame so many people are closed minded about motorcycles. This sport couldn't hurt having more fans, regardless of what discipline...
Not everybody likes racing. Its a shame so many people are closed minded about motorcycles. This sport couldn't hurt having more fans, regardless of what discipline they enjoy viewing.
Why do you have to go and make sense like that. This is motoboard stuff where common sense, makes no sense.

ThePipe
3/14/2010 7:52pm
Tricks are for Dicks
Fags
3/14/2010 9:11pm
No matter what the topic you people just hate.

First off, Twitch is one hell of a rider and if he put some work in he could more than likely make a SX Lites main. He is supper talented. Nate Adams nearly made the night show this year at A-1 (possibly the most stacked event on the calendar) missing qualifying by 0.01 sec. Whether you like FMX or not you should have respect for what these guys do. If the top racers in the world (ask any of them) have the utmost respect for the top FMX guys then you couch jockeys should do the same. These guys are able to make a great living entertaining people and they work their asses off to do what they do.

Have a little respect.
DiIullo
3/14/2010 9:19pm
No matter what the topic you people just hate. First off, Twitch is one hell of a rider and if he put some work in he...
No matter what the topic you people just hate.

First off, Twitch is one hell of a rider and if he put some work in he could more than likely make a SX Lites main. He is supper talented. Nate Adams nearly made the night show this year at A-1 (possibly the most stacked event on the calendar) missing qualifying by 0.01 sec. Whether you like FMX or not you should have respect for what these guys do. If the top racers in the world (ask any of them) have the utmost respect for the top FMX guys then you couch jockeys should do the same. These guys are able to make a great living entertaining people and they work their asses off to do what they do.

Have a little respect.
jesus.. no kidding!

Some of you guys act like they are nailin your wife and drinking yer beer. The guys ride motorcycles, should be good enough for ya, and they pull off some pretty tough shit. fur fuk sake have some respect......
Masonry
3/14/2010 11:29pm
By now, these guys are so locked in with the backflips so it looks pretty boring on TV but actually watching it in person is very impressive. I always think they will crash when they do the flip where they hang down from the bike but they always land it clean.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/14/2010 11:34pm
The riding there is far from bush league.
GHR
3/14/2010 11:47pm
GuyB wrote:
i never said the riding was bush league (and it is busch league I was corrected) but the show they are making with the freakin "apocalyptic mass destruction and anarchy" crap definately is. ITs actually pretty hilarious and will cheapen it on so many levels to become more of a circus act than a sport now. Call it Circ De Moto soon.
plowboy
3/14/2010 11:47pm
Man this just reminds me of how old I am...when I was young and someone found out I rode bikes the question was, "What kind of Harley do you ride and are you in a gang?" Now at least they know the difference between street and dirt.
Masonry
3/14/2010 11:49pm
GuyB wrote:
GHR wrote:
i never said the riding was bush league (and it is busch league I was corrected) but the show they are making with the freakin "apocalyptic...
i never said the riding was bush league (and it is busch league I was corrected) but the show they are making with the freakin "apocalyptic mass destruction and anarchy" crap definately is. ITs actually pretty hilarious and will cheapen it on so many levels to become more of a circus act than a sport now. Call it Circ De Moto soon.
It is supposed to be a circus type thing. It isn't a competition, it is a show with lighting and music and all that to make it exciting for the fans.

Post a reply to: Nuclear Cowboys is Bush league

The Latest