Now when CP is bitchslappning the 450s on his 250F...

DrSweden
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:39am
will the scared and rattled reconsider allowing the 250 smokers in the 250F series?

I mean if it's possible to be faster on a 250Fs than on a 450, and the 250 smokers are consider inferior to the 450s, isn't it time to let them back in?

I stole this thought from MXA, because I think they are spot on.
|
DrSweden
3/11/2010 3:22pm
get over it. 2 strokes are a thing of the past.
I'm sorry, but I don't think you have the knowledge to figure these things out, nor do you have the magic ball to see the future. KTM are still putting money into them for a reason.

They might not be the fastest, but with some electronic devises, making the engine characteristics pulsatile and with remained less moving parts I see them winning ground.

You get?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/11/2010 3:26pm
Doc Sweden, I'd posted this in another thread...

MXA also made mention in that article that Pourcel had a faster qualifying time at Daytona. But I believe that was because they changed the track after the lights practice to remove a quad jump. I had one rider tell me that it instantly meant that the first round of qualifying in Lites was going to be the faster of the two because doing that jump was worth at least a second per lap.

The Shop

johansen
3/11/2010 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:20pm
GuyB wrote:
Doc Sweden, I'd posted this in another thread... MXA also made mention in that article that Pourcel had a faster qualifying time at Daytona. But I...

MXA also made mention in that article that Pourcel had a faster qualifying time at Daytona. But I believe that was because they changed the track after the lights practice to remove a quad jump. I had one rider tell me that it instantly meant that the first round of qualifying in Lites was going to be the faster of the two because doing that jump was worth at least a second per lap.
This time you are wrong GuyB. http://www.amapromail.com/...-daytona/ltp6ind.pdf

Pourcel was fastest in second practice, wich (I suppose) is right before the second supercross group a practice. Thats even more impressive.

I hope you correct your mistake in the other thread Wink
mom241
3/11/2010 4:16pm
They put up a post to prevent riders from jumping over 2 corners right before
the last 450 practice. Not dissing on Pourcel, just saying.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/11/2010 4:24pm
Oops, my mistake.
munsch121
3/11/2010 4:26pm
EVERYTHING about a 4 stroke is better, until you stall it out.
FlaNard
3/11/2010 4:39pm
get over it. 2 strokes are a thing of the past.
Like having to have skill to ride a bike. Too bad.
BobbyM
3/11/2010 4:41pm
munsch121 wrote:
EVERYTHING about a 4 stroke is better, until you stall it out.
i don't buy that, if the amount of time and money and energy spent on 4 strokes since henry raced em were put into the 2 stroker dev/tech/etc. no telling where that sucka would be.
jgmxdad251
3/11/2010 5:01pm
I'm so freakin tired of hearing about CP. He has been in that class for a long time, 5 or 6 years. He is the fatest rider in that class. Daytona track has alot of similarities to a outdoor track, thats why his practice times were better. There were plenty of times when villo and dungey had faster times than the 450s when they were on 250s. CP has ridden in the east class for two years ( easier class than the west). He lost the outdoor title to dungey (and called dungey a pussie for not letting cp take him out). The 450 class is alot harder, so lets not make him out to be the god of motocross just yet. I think he is a great rider and is a great story with his injuries and all.
Masonry
3/11/2010 5:05pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
I'm so freakin tired of hearing about CP. He has been in that class for a long time, 5 or 6 years. He is the fatest...
I'm so freakin tired of hearing about CP. He has been in that class for a long time, 5 or 6 years. He is the fatest rider in that class. Daytona track has alot of similarities to a outdoor track, thats why his practice times were better. There were plenty of times when villo and dungey had faster times than the 450s when they were on 250s. CP has ridden in the east class for two years ( easier class than the west). He lost the outdoor title to dungey (and called dungey a pussie for not letting cp take him out). The 450 class is alot harder, so lets not make him out to be the god of motocross just yet. I think he is a great rider and is a great story with his injuries and all.
I don't think that Dungey ever really was that fast in the 250 class.
jgmxdad251
3/11/2010 5:08pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
I'm so freakin tired of hearing about CP. He has been in that class for a long time, 5 or 6 years. He is the fatest...
Masonry wrote:
OOOO KKKKK
Rupert X
3/11/2010 5:18pm
mom241 wrote:
They put up a post to prevent riders from jumping over 2 corners right before
the last 450 practice. Not dissing on Pourcel, just saying.

Rock on, Mrs. C - you don't need me to tell you what a wonderful, special kid

you have there.

But I'm telling you anyways.

Everybody loves that kid.

He's got that something.

Something that true motocrossers dig and respect,, who can describe it ?
mx.jah
3/11/2010 5:24pm
Matthes in the observations says that they change the track before the second set of practice, not just before the 450.

Who's right?
mom241
3/11/2010 5:35pm
Me, of course.

Thanks, Rupert
CRF STUFF
3/11/2010 6:22pm
DrSweden wrote:
will the scared and rattled reconsider allowing the 250 smokers in the 250F series? I mean if it's possible to be faster on a 250Fs than...
will the scared and rattled reconsider allowing the 250 smokers in the 250F series?

I mean if it's possible to be faster on a 250Fs than on a 450, and the 250 smokers are consider inferior to the 450s, isn't it time to let them back in?

Someone once said "It's Not The Bike......" After witnessing Stewart put down the fastest lap times at the Washougal National while on a 125 2 stroke a few years ago and seeing RV Disappear on a 250F at the 2008 Des Nations, I tend to agree.Sideways

Some may argue that certain tracks favor the more agile 250F, but both these tracks are wide open tracks more suited to a big bore.

I have noticed that certain fast riders hold their right wrist in a funny way, sort fo like they are twisting something . Maybe that's got something to do with it? Woohoo

Larry
3/11/2010 6:25pm
CP would win on a 2 stroke just the same as he does on a 4 stroke.
FARANG
3/11/2010 6:37pm
The trouble with letting 250 smokers race the 250F's is that sooner or later a top rider is going to ride one and put it on the podium.

This will immediately increase the "cool" factor of the smoker amongst the sheeple, and they'll start questioning why they are spending so much money maintaining and rebuilding their heavy complicated 4 stroke.

That could adversely affect sales of the 4 stroke so don't expect the manufacturers, *cough* sorry I meant the AMA, to allow it any time soon.
BobbyM
3/11/2010 6:39pm
Masonry wrote:
for fucks sakes he won his very first sx race.
BobbyM
3/11/2010 6:42pm
and mom and dads and whoever, this CP kid is a cut above everybody else when it coms to mx speed and finesse. carnard is awesome..so are most of the rest but they can't beat this frog straight up most of the time...no way. on a 450...maybe...we shall see. better hope CP can't ride one worth a shit.
raddad
3/11/2010 7:02pm
Masonry wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
give him a break bobby he loves a crazed maniac named jaillaw. If you think Tony is crazy this kids idol would put him to shame in the cool aid line in the nut house..

RD had fastest laps over 250's and 450's more than once and no i will not look it up..
Masonry
3/11/2010 7:06pm
Masonry wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
raddad wrote:
give him a break bobby he loves a crazed maniac named jaillaw. If you think Tony is crazy this kids idol would put him to shame...
give him a break bobby he loves a crazed maniac named jaillaw. If you think Tony is crazy this kids idol would put him to shame in the cool aid line in the nut house..

RD had fastest laps over 250's and 450's more than once and no i will not look it up..
RD was definitely fast. I am just saying that I am not sure that he was that guy throwing down faster laps than the guys on the big bikes. And I love JLaw? WTF?

rileymx
3/11/2010 7:45pm
2 strokes are not racing motocross because the manufactures dont want it.......
european manfactures are the only ones updating their 2t because in europe enduro is a big thing, the general weekend rider does it more them mx, and 2 strokes are cheeper and still competitive in enduro because of being ligther..........
all you guys can cry whatever you want about the old days, but if anyone wants ride 2 strokes, rides 2 strokes........and if they are not racing at high level is because no top team or rider want to ride with them........
this year there will be a ktm 250sx racing the mx1 class, from a good german team and the rider is an hot young french named cedric soubeyras........he did good with it against j.hill, n. wey, k chisholm and a few euro stars like musquin in a eurosx this winter........
lets see what he does against the big boys in the mx1 class........
still he is doing it becase he couldnt find any other way to be in the world championship.....
mx918
3/11/2010 8:07pm
GuyB wrote:
Doc Sweden, I'd posted this in another thread... MXA also made mention in that article that Pourcel had a faster qualifying time at Daytona. But I...

Your theory was right, however they smoothed the track out sooo much in between the first and second qualifying practice. I dropped a second and a half in my second practice because of the freshly maintained track.
mx.jah
3/11/2010 9:34pm
BobbyM wrote:
and mom and dads and whoever, this CP kid is a cut above everybody else when it coms to mx speed and finesse. carnard is awesome..so...
and mom and dads and whoever, this CP kid is a cut above everybody else when it coms to mx speed and finesse. carnard is awesome..so are most of the rest but they can't beat this frog straight up most of the time...no way. on a 450...maybe...we shall see. better hope CP can't ride one worth a shit.
forget about it. he rode the french championship on a 450 and was faster than his bro. in 2008 we was almost selected for MXON on one, even though he had just restarted riding, cause he was already blasting fast.

his riding style is made for the big bikes.
themrtoad
3/12/2010 12:04am
DrSweden wrote:
will the scared and rattled reconsider allowing the 250 smokers in the 250F series? I mean if it's possible to be faster on a 250Fs than...

I think it will happen anyway sooner or later. When sales drops there won't be room for 4 big companys from japan. Some will have to quit or they all have to start making cheaper bikes to keep their clients and to maintain a future market where you don't have to be rich to race mx.

BTW they should get rid of the 450-class, let's keep it to 125's, and 250(smokers and bangers) That's usually where the fun racing is anyway, isn't it?
mxr102
3/12/2010 4:46am
I know CP is a great rider! But did you see how he was rattled in Atlanta. Yes he won don't get me wrong. But if you have Trey Canard, Stroupe, Weimer, Baggett, Barcia all with pressure on him Outdoors is he gonna let them get in his head like Barcia was in Atlanta. I never like CP when he first came over here. But since it seems that he is learning and speaking better english he seems to be having more fun and a better attitude. He has grown on me. With a style like his that represents JMB, and the smoothness of Windham and Bailey. How can you not enjoy watching him and liking the guy. Flame on me if you want.
Huckster
3/12/2010 5:27am
CP is even faster on a 450. Just wait until next year.

3/12/2010 6:27am
mxr102 wrote:
I know CP is a great rider! But did you see how he was rattled in Atlanta. Yes he won don't get me wrong. But if...
I know CP is a great rider! But did you see how he was rattled in Atlanta. Yes he won don't get me wrong. But if you have Trey Canard, Stroupe, Weimer, Baggett, Barcia all with pressure on him Outdoors is he gonna let them get in his head like Barcia was in Atlanta. I never like CP when he first came over here. But since it seems that he is learning and speaking better english he seems to be having more fun and a better attitude. He has grown on me. With a style like his that represents JMB, and the smoothness of Windham and Bailey. How can you not enjoy watching him and liking the guy. Flame on me if you want.
Yes he was rattled as he stood on the top step of the podium. Your 5th sentence explains your logic.

Post a reply to: Now when CP is bitchslappning the 450s on his 250F...

The Latest