Now that SLC is the final round of Supercross.....

TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/22/2019 8:15pm
RichieW13 wrote:
That makes sense, but what makes the final round so much more valuable to Utah? Attendance numbers for supercross seem tough to come by, but it...
That makes sense, but what makes the final round so much more valuable to Utah?

Attendance numbers for supercross seem tough to come by, but it doesn't even look like Sam Boyd is full most of the time, so it's not like the SX finale is an extremely valuable ticket to get.
We always go to the Phoenix (Glendale) AZ SX event and sometimes we attend the Vegas Finals. The vibe of the two venues is almost opposite of each other. At Glendale, there's a lot of energy, excitement, and optimism for the season just getting going. Vegas, it seems like riders and programs are in one of two categories: uptight and nervous about winning the championship or in total IDAF mode, lets hit the outdoors. The fans seem tired and worn out too. The stadium has always been full in Vegas when we attended. It's just very different than in Glendale. I'm hoping with the new location in Vegas being right near the strip, it will have better energy. Sam Boyd was way off the beaten path and could have contributed to the energy as well.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/22/2019 8:24pm
I don't think its about the visitors for the SX. It is more that they are trying to brand themselves as [u]THE[/u] outdoor and action sports...
I don't think its about the visitors for the SX. It is more that they are trying to brand themselves as THE outdoor and action sports tourist destination of the country. They've heavily sponsored a lot of similar events like Red Bull Rampage, Nitro World Games, etc.

Tourism is one of the largest economic segments in Utah.
RichieW13 wrote:
That makes sense, but what makes the final round so much more valuable to Utah? Attendance numbers for supercross seem tough to come by, but it...
That makes sense, but what makes the final round so much more valuable to Utah?

Attendance numbers for supercross seem tough to come by, but it doesn't even look like Sam Boyd is full most of the time, so it's not like the SX finale is an extremely valuable ticket to get.
the salt lake race always draws a good crowd so thats a positive. now i just hope the series isn't decided by then.
moto469
7/22/2019 8:38pm
Head up to Park City for the after party. Most riders and teams will stay there. Lots of bars and things happening.

The Shop

avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
7/22/2019 11:03pm
moto469 wrote:
Head up to Park City for the after party. Most riders and teams will stay there. Lots of bars and things happening.
Park City is AWESOME.

Post a reply to: Now that SLC is the final round of Supercross.....

The Latest