Now that SLC is the final round of Supercross.....

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2019 1:32 PM

What do you think they will do to make the track special since it is the last round of the series? Las Vegas has the monster alley loop that goes out of the stadium which made it different from other tracks. As a Utahn, I can't help but wonder if they will add any flair to the track, and if they do, what will it be? Rice Eccles Stadium is small compared to the other venues, and the tracks are usually pretty tight. We are gonna need to represent well, because 2018's track was a dustbowl and rough.

|

oof.

7/21/2019 2:03 PM

The more important question is, what they hell are they going to do for an after party with it not being in Vegas? SLC is probably the least happening spots on the entire circuit when it comes to after parties. Do they even have bars in SLC? We once went snow boarding in Utah staying in SLC at night. It took us 90 minutes and 4 different stores to find some playing cards to play a little poker among the fellas in our rental for the weekend.

|

7/21/2019 2:04 PM

Minus_2 wrote:

What do you think they will do to make the track special since it is the last round of the series? Las Vegas has the monster alley loop that goes out of the stadium which made it different from other tracks. As a Utahn, I can't help but wonder if they will add any flair to the track, and if they do, what will it be? Rice Eccles Stadium is small compared to the other venues, and the tracks are usually pretty tight. We are gonna need to represent well, because 2018's track was a dustbowl and rough.

The only reason that Salt Lake City is getting the last round is due to the demolishing of Sam Boyd and the new stadium not being open yet. So no, SLC isn’t going to spend tons of money for a one year only finale. They MAY hand out umbrellas to everyone with a ticket.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/21/2019 2:06 PM

The "O'Douls Quad" is gonna be sweet!

|

7/21/2019 2:32 PM

I thought I heard on one of Matthes’s podcasts that SLC or whoever in Utah paid a whole bunch of money to have it last. If that’s the case I bet they actually try a little harder at making it more special because it needs help. This is coming from a Utahn too.

|

7/21/2019 2:48 PM

They might have this for sale at the stadium

|

2016 YZ250F

7/21/2019 2:53 PM

Minus_2 wrote:

Well no coffee and no beer... Yeehaw. Undergarments for all the females and padded bras for everybody.

|

7/21/2019 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 3:30 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

The more important question is, what they hell are they going to do for an after party with it not being in Vegas? SLC is probably the least happening spots on the entire circuit when it comes to after parties. Do they even have bars in SLC? We once went snow boarding in Utah staying in SLC at night. It took us 90 minutes and 4 different stores to find some playing cards to play a little poker among the fellas in our rental for the weekend.

Do they even have bars in SLC. Dude, use your Google Maps. They got strip clubs to, everything you need after the Supercross.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/21/2019 3:27 PM

I don’t think alcohol and the after party is going to be a big issue. It’s part of the sport experience and final round. Monster and Red Bull and whoever else throws parties including the downtown bars will be fully prepared I’m sure. If they want SLC to continue to be considered they will make it work.

The World Cup in 2022 is in Qatar. A dry country (for the most part). I had the opportunity to tour their FIFA Headquarters there and that question was brought up, “beer is part of the experience, what’s your plan?”. They said they are fully aware and are going to accommodate the festivities. I imagine the tourism sector of SLC is likely gonna pull some strings to make it worth coming back, whether it does or not.

|

7/21/2019 4:36 PM

There are cool bars in SLC... it won’t be an issue

|

7/21/2019 5:14 PM

So lame Vegas isn’t the last round

|

7/21/2019 5:52 PM

It appears knuckleheads who've never been there think it's alcohol-free. Wrong.

|

7/21/2019 9:36 PM

Minus_2 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

The only reason that Salt Lake City is getting the last round is due to the demolishing of Sam Boyd and the new stadium not being open yet. So no, SLC isn’t going to spend tons of money for a one year only finale. They MAY hand out umbrellas to everyone with a ticket.

Actually, the Utah sports authority is throwing out huge huge bucks for this race.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

7/21/2019 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 9:47 PM

I think it's weird too (born and raised here in Utah) but if it's a one year deal we'll all live. Plenty of bars, liquor stores, and strip clubs to go around. It's obviously not ideal and isn't Vegas but Salt Lake isn't anything like some people seem to think. Our mayor is a lesbian for fucks sake. Salt Lake is more Seattle than polygamist stronghold.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

7/21/2019 9:46 PM

dickjackson170 wrote:

Exactly, just metered pours and you have to order food. That can even be chips and salsa. Wasatch Brewery has some serious horsepower beers.

|

7/21/2019 9:50 PM

Minus_2 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

vegas is the week before so this can't be the reason

|

7/21/2019 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 10:43 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

Sounds like someone has never REALLY been to SLC..... It's actually a pretty cool spot to get out and have some fun. The non-crazy population know how to have a good time. Love visiting.

|

7/22/2019 12:48 AM

jevyguy wrote:

I thought I heard on one of Matthes’s podcasts that SLC or whoever in Utah paid a whole bunch of money to have it last. If that’s the case I bet they actually try a little harder at making it more special because it needs help. This is coming from a Utahn too.

Utahn? Huh. Learned something new today.

|

7/22/2019 8:24 AM

Minus_2 wrote:

And when was the last time “monster alley” was exciting and different...never it’s always a flat track corner or maybe a tabletop thrown in it.

Going to a complete new venue now that’s exciting and different. Imo it should be just like the NFL Super Bowl, it’s at a different random location every year. This does multiple things; it offers more fans the ability to go see the race(if you live on east coast odds are you aren’t going, if it’s at MetLife, odds are a lot better!), you can possibly get more incentive offers for having your race held at X stadium. For example, salt lake offered $20m in advertising if they were chose this year. Win win for everyone here. I could keep listing reasons why it is a good idea for business.

Also, imo the last few years of tracks at Vegas were so boring just the same thing over and over.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2018 Husqvarna TX300
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

7/22/2019 8:44 AM

Minus_2 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

moto0852 wrote:

Actually, the Utah sports authority is throwing out huge huge bucks for this race.

Also, they are racing in Sam Boyd the week before, so I don't think its eventual demolition is a major factor this season.

|

7/22/2019 9:22 AM

Don’t drink to much either, .05 gets your a DUI now in Utah

|

7/22/2019 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2019 9:42 AM

Minus_2 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:

And when was the last time “monster alley” was exciting and different...never it’s always a flat track corner or maybe a tabletop thrown in it.

Going to a complete new venue now that’s exciting and different. Imo it should be just like the NFL Super Bowl, it’s at a different random location every year. This does multiple things; it offers more fans the ability to go see the race(if you live on east coast odds are you aren’t going, if it’s at MetLife, odds are a lot better!), you can possibly get more incentive offers for having your race held at X stadium. For example, salt lake offered $20m in advertising if they were chose this year. Win win for everyone here. I could keep listing reasons why it is a good idea for business.

Also, imo the last few years of tracks at Vegas were so boring just the same thing over and over.

How much of that 20M is going back to the riders for SLC to use ther likeness to advertise for them to have this final round?

They should add to the purse money make it double pay out riders then would love to go there.

I could think of alot better things to do that money. First would be for SLC to cut them selfs from the schedule and save their money and let Vegas have the final round.

|

7/22/2019 10:18 AM

Lake Effect is a really cool bar/restaurant, one of the coolest I've been to anywhere. Live music and a killer decor plus the hottest chicks this side of Miami.

https://lakeeffectslc.com/

|

7/22/2019 10:49 AM

Minus_2 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:

BMc914 wrote:

How much of that 20M is going back to the riders for SLC to use ther likeness to advertise for them to have this final round?

They should add to the purse money make it double pay out riders then would love to go there.

I could think of alot better things to do that money. First would be for SLC to cut them selfs from the schedule and save their money and let Vegas have the final round.

Because fans pay wages bud. So the more advertising brings in more fans which sells more tickets. If a rider wants more money I suggest they put in the work it takes to make the big money. I would surely not expect myself to be paid the same as Tomac...so why should Alex Ray or someone else in that 15-20 spot be paid more when they aren’t showing any more to have earned that.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2018 Husqvarna TX300
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

7/22/2019 11:17 AM

The party crowd can charter and plane and be in Vegas by midnight following the SLC final.

|

7/22/2019 11:32 AM

Minus_2 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

moto0852 wrote:

Why? What do they gain from it? Is there really that much of a difference in terms of visitors for round 17 than round 16?

|

7/22/2019 11:34 AM

TbonesPop wrote:

To The Chopper wrote:

Sounds like someone has never REALLY been to SLC..... It's actually a pretty cool spot to get out and have some fun. The non-crazy population know how to have a good time. Love visiting.

They don't even sell playing cards in Utah!!!!

|

7/22/2019 5:56 PM

dickjackson170 wrote:

I prefer people keep thinking that. It's getting way too damn crowded.

|

No Signature.

7/22/2019 6:15 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

To The Chopper wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:

They don't even sell playing cards in Utah!!!!

Really? You're gonna need some better bait than that!

|

7/22/2019 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2019 6:50 PM

Racer111 wrote:

moto0852 wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:

Why? What do they gain from it? Is there really that much of a difference in terms of visitors for round 17 than round 16?

I don't think its about the visitors for the SX. It is more that they are trying to brand themselves as THE outdoor and action sports tourist destination of the country. They've heavily sponsored a lot of similar events like Red Bull Rampage, Nitro World Games, etc.

Tourism is one of the largest economic segments in Utah.

|