Now that Eli won the title...

Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 9:22am
Does he race the final race? Or would that be taking unnecessary risks that could put his 2020 season at stake? Isn't that part of the reason some gave for him (and others) not racing the mxon?
|
mxb2
8/18/2019 7:27am
Well.he s under contract to race ironman and make more money. Did hrc,ktm husky pull their guys to prep for mec,a1?
8/18/2019 7:29am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 7:30am
mxb2 wrote:
Well.he s under contract to race ironman and make more money. Did hrc,ktm husky pull their guys to prep for mec,a1?
did HRC , KTM , Husky pull their guys from MXON ?? bad example
mxb2
8/18/2019 7:33am
mxb2 wrote:
Well they turned it down no kroc. Webb ferrandis musquin. Prep for mec,a1
8/18/2019 7:35am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 7:38am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
so no Kroc, Musquin ,Webb and Ferrandis at MEC ?? whas it a team decision ? link ?

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/18/2019 7:37am
Does he race the final race? Or would that be taking unnecessary risks that could put his 2020 season at stake? Isn't that part of the...
Does he race the final race? Or would that be taking unnecessary risks that could put his 2020 season at stake? Isn't that part of the reason some gave for him (and others) not racing the mxon?
Until he wins the SX title I really don’t think an MxDN win will do much for him. A few guys may like him and as soon as he would get back it’s SX season. Just IMO but I think the only thing he and Kawi care about it a SX title now.
8/18/2019 7:38am
mxb2 wrote:
Im sure Savagty was under contract to race this last race as well, so that reason of yours doesn't hold much water.
mxb2
8/18/2019 7:40am
mxb2 wrote:
so no Kroc, Musquin ,Webb and Ferrandis at MEC ?? whas it a team decision ? link ?
I said they will be prepping for mec. No mxon
mxb2
8/18/2019 7:40am
mxb2 wrote:
Im sure Savagty was under contract to race this last race as well, so that reason of yours doesn't hold much water.
You know his wife had a baby right?
8/18/2019 7:43am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
like i said bad example , as no team pulled back from anything besides Kawasaki and its double champs
mxb2
8/18/2019 7:48am
Well marvin and kroc are outdoor champs, are you going to assen? For a person that hates kawy. You seem pretty mad.
biscuit11
8/18/2019 8:12am
If MXoN was within a couple weeks of the AMA schedule ending or on our calendar he would most likely be there. The offseason here is 2 months shorter than the mxgp offseason. Sure the MXoN is a great race but its on the mxgp calendar and falls smoothly at the end of their season so its easier for those guys to make it. I think thats why so many guys arent going so they can have some rest and it really isnt that hard to comprehend honestly. At this point people just look ignorant for bringing it up...
kb228
8/18/2019 8:21am
mxb2 wrote:
Its a good example. They arent contracted to race MXDN. Sx, mx, and monster cup only.
Racer111
8/18/2019 8:29am
mxb2 wrote:
like i said bad example , as no team pulled back from anything besides Kawasaki and its double champs
How do you know this? If no one from Honda or KTM is going it makes sense in my head that they pulled their riders as well. Roczen isn’t going to race for Germany and Musquin and Ferrandis isn’t going to race for France. Seems to me like a lot of teams have pulled their riders. Some are just more quiet about it. I ride Honda’s and Suzuki’s. I don’t have any hate toward Kawi or their decision.

I think more than anyone, Eli and Adam deserve a pass. Adam needs to concentrate on adjusting to the 450 on a SX track. Eli needs some downtime and to be able to focus on SX and getting his bike dialed. Neither one needs to ignore SX and spend the next 6 weeks preparing for an outdoor race that doesn’t benefit them. That’s 2 weeks off and 4 weeks of SX testing on their 2020 machines.

If either one of those guys were your kids, you’d be singing a different tune. Let it go already. Damn!
8/18/2019 8:38am
Racer111 wrote:
How do you know this? If no one from Honda or KTM is going it makes sense in my head that they pulled their riders as...
How do you know this? If no one from Honda or KTM is going it makes sense in my head that they pulled their riders as well. Roczen isn’t going to race for Germany and Musquin and Ferrandis isn’t going to race for France. Seems to me like a lot of teams have pulled their riders. Some are just more quiet about it. I ride Honda’s and Suzuki’s. I don’t have any hate toward Kawi or their decision.

I think more than anyone, Eli and Adam deserve a pass. Adam needs to concentrate on adjusting to the 450 on a SX track. Eli needs some downtime and to be able to focus on SX and getting his bike dialed. Neither one needs to ignore SX and spend the next 6 weeks preparing for an outdoor race that doesn’t benefit them. That’s 2 weeks off and 4 weeks of SX testing on their 2020 machines.

If either one of those guys were your kids, you’d be singing a different tune. Let it go already. Damn!
it has nothing to do with Eli or AC and whatever reason not to go... im only talking about Kawasaki coming out with a statement about not backing up their riders for MXON and we all know Tomac and AC were the ones wanting to go .. did HRC,KTM etc do similar ?? i do know none of the other teams have made a similar statement about not backing riders for this event
mxb2
8/18/2019 8:44am
Racer111 wrote:
How do you know this? If no one from Honda or KTM is going it makes sense in my head that they pulled their riders as...

it has nothing to do with Eli or AC and whatever reason not to go... im only talking about Kawasaki coming out with a statement about...
it has nothing to do with Eli or AC and whatever reason not to go... im only talking about Kawasaki coming out with a statement about not backing up their riders for MXON and we all know Tomac and AC were the ones wanting to go .. did HRC,KTM etc do similar ?? i do know none of the other teams have made a similar statement about not backing riders for this event
Those teams mentioned never said they wdnt support kroc marvin webb ferrandis. They flat out said they werent going. As in the riders .
8/18/2019 9:01am
biscuit11 wrote:
If MXoN was within a couple weeks of the AMA schedule ending or on our calendar he would most likely be there. The offseason here is...
If MXoN was within a couple weeks of the AMA schedule ending or on our calendar he would most likely be there. The offseason here is 2 months shorter than the mxgp offseason. Sure the MXoN is a great race but its on the mxgp calendar and falls smoothly at the end of their season so its easier for those guys to make it. I think thats why so many guys arent going so they can have some rest and it really isnt that hard to comprehend honestly. At this point people just look ignorant for bringing it up...
Bad excuse. There is nothing about schedules that makes it difficult for riders to go to the mxon. You're just making excuses.
8/18/2019 9:46am
Does he race the final race? Or would that be taking unnecessary risks that could put his 2020 season at stake? Isn't that part of the...
Damn. You're losing a ton of sleep over people not giving a fuck about the MXON, aren't you?
Racer111
8/18/2019 10:28am
biscuit11 wrote:
If MXoN was within a couple weeks of the AMA schedule ending or on our calendar he would most likely be there. The offseason here is...
Bad excuse. There is nothing about schedules that makes it difficult for riders to go to the mxon. You're just making excuses.
And you’re a moron and obviously clueless.
8/18/2019 10:38am
Racer111 wrote:
Not at all, I'm just showing that some of the excuses being made don't hold up. For example, the excuse that mxon is an unnecessary race and so it doesn't make sense for riders to risk their next season. Well, at this point, the next race is an unnecessary race so why risk it?
8/18/2019 10:45am
Racer111 wrote:
Not at all, I'm just showing that some of the excuses being made don't hold up. For example, the excuse that mxon is an unnecessary race...
Not at all, I'm just showing that some of the excuses being made don't hold up. For example, the excuse that mxon is an unnecessary race and so it doesn't make sense for riders to risk their next season. Well, at this point, the next race is an unnecessary race so why risk it?
Are you suggesting that the workload for racing the MXdN is the same as racing Ironman? Surely no one has to explain to you why that is just pure stupidity, right?

At this point I think you’re just being stubborn to try and make an argument. Kawasaki isn’t going, get over it.
8/18/2019 10:52am
Are you suggesting that the workload for racing the MXdN is the same as racing Ironman? Surely no one has to explain to you why that...
Are you suggesting that the workload for racing the MXdN is the same as racing Ironman? Surely no one has to explain to you why that is just pure stupidity, right?

At this point I think you’re just being stubborn to try and make an argument. Kawasaki isn’t going, get over it.
Not agreeing with you is not being stubborn, and you're missing the point. Of course, it's a bigger workload to fly across the pond than it is to dart to a national. But the point some are making isn't about that, it's about the risks involved in a race that is not necessary. Eli wrapped up the title, and so the next race is not a necessary race for him, so why risk it?

I understand Kawasaki isn't going, and that's on them. No respect for that choice, but it really has nothing to do with the brand and everything to do with the people making the poor choices to not send their riders to the most prestigious race of the year.
8/18/2019 10:56am
"The most prestigious race of the year" is an opinion. If it really was, everyone would see the value and be involved. That's not the case. I appreciate your passion. Myself and everyone else on this site shares your passion for the sport. Just not this race.
Excaliburbmx
8/18/2019 11:02am
Simple Tomac is not going. You can like or dislike him all you want it is your choice.
SwingHard
8/18/2019 11:27am
Racer111 wrote:
Not at all, I'm just showing that some of the excuses being made don't hold up. For example, the excuse that mxon is an unnecessary race...
So when a NFL Team or any sports team wraps up a playoff spot early should they just forfeit the remaining games on the schedule?
8/18/2019 11:34am
SwingHard wrote:
So when a NFL Team or any sports team wraps up a playoff spot early should they just forfeit the remaining games on the schedule?
Some people said Tomac shouldn't go to the mxon and gave various reason why. One of those reasons was that the mxon is an unnecessary race.
8/18/2019 11:47am
Not agreeing with you is not being stubborn, and you're missing the point. Of course, it's a bigger workload to fly across the pond than it...
Not agreeing with you is not being stubborn, and you're missing the point. Of course, it's a bigger workload to fly across the pond than it is to dart to a national. But the point some are making isn't about that, it's about the risks involved in a race that is not necessary. Eli wrapped up the title, and so the next race is not a necessary race for him, so why risk it?

I understand Kawasaki isn't going, and that's on them. No respect for that choice, but it really has nothing to do with the brand and everything to do with the people making the poor choices to not send their riders to the most prestigious race of the year.
I’m not saying you’re being stubborn because we disagree, I’m saying you’re being stubborn because you seem to think the sole reason for Kawasaki staying home is the risks involved. I think that is maybe a contributing factor but I also think Kawasaki knows all too well that their guys can get hurt in any race, just look at Forkner in SX this year.

I’m not going to claim to know Kawasaki’s contracts with AC and Tomac but I would guess that based on those the MXdN is in fact an “unnecessary race” whereas Ironman is probably completely necessary as it’s a US national event.
8/18/2019 11:55am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 11:56am
"The most prestigious race of the year" is an opinion. If it really was, everyone would see the value and be involved. That's not the case...
"The most prestigious race of the year" is an opinion. If it really was, everyone would see the value and be involved. That's not the case. I appreciate your passion. Myself and everyone else on this site shares your passion for the sport. Just not this race.
No,it‘s not an opinion but the reality.Riders all over the world are coming to this event to race as a team to represent their country.This race was held before the wordchampionships were created.Only a few ignorant vitards like you don’t believe it.

Post a reply to: Now that Eli won the title...

The Latest